Direct Mail Vs. Internet Leads

My pastor used to joke that there are actually 3 sexes: Male, Female & Pregnant Females! After I had a son, I totally understood. My wife with testosterone coursing through her, was a totally different female than the gal I married! I was so glad once our son was born as she returned back to her normal personality:) ---------- I just learned out about it last week. Love it.

Yeah my wife is pregnant with our first, a boy. I feel you...

My pastor used to joke that there are actually 3 sexes: Male, Female & Pregnant Females! After I had a son, I totally understood. My wife with testosterone coursing through her, was a totally different female than the gal I married! I was so glad once our son was born as she returned back to her normal personality:) ---------- I just learned about it last week. Love it.

How did you get yours to switch back? Mine must have got stuck in the warp. :-)

I found DM has been the bread and Butter over the years. With The Tech Generation moving into the Internet leads are becoming a good source for insurance selling. I am seeing good hones people who dont really read the mail but surf the net...

I found DM has been the bread and Butter over the years. With The Tech Generation moving into the Internet leads are becoming a good source for insurance selling. I am seeing good hones people who dont really read the mail but surf the net...

Damn...It took you almost 5 years to make your 1st post.:)

Hi Bob. Well, I do.

Now you know someone.:D

Just your area/state, multiple states or nationwide?

LTCI may be different, we don't market for them, but in P&C, one is competing against the carriers, not just the lead aggregators. Once they came online, you saw terms like "insurance" go up to $50++/click on PPC.

For us, it is a full time team of folks managing PPC/SEO 24x7. Of course, we generate couple thousand/day:)

You definitely are a rare agent to have the ability to drive 20+ leads a week. That is great!

Just your area/state, multiple states or nationwide?

LTCI may be different, we don't market for them, but in P&C, one is competing against the carriers, not just the lead aggregators. Once they came online, you saw terms like "insurance" go up to $50++/click on PPC.

For us, it is a full time team of folks managing PPC/SEO 24x7. Of course, we generate couple thousand/day:)

You definitely are a rare agent to have the ability to drive 20+ leads a week. That is great!

I work in 50 states.
I do not feel I am a rare agent because I have the ability to self-generate.
If I can do it, why can't anyone else?

Or does a lead generator not want to let agents know that it is not that difficult to self-generate?

I work in 50 states.
I do not feel I am a rare agent because I have the ability to self-generate.
If I can do it, why can't anyone else?

Or does a lead generator not want to let agents know that it is not that difficult to self-generate?

That is one reason you're getting the lead quantity....you write in all 50 states. Again, what you do with LTCI is totally different than P&C leads. If I do a search for insurance terms on Google, PPC for LTCI has hardly any competition vs. P&C.

Again, anyone is welcome to try. I was an agent when I started back in 2003 & got out in late 2006 as HTQ took off so fast. It was a lot easier then. We have a few agents that are affiliates for us [most agents write in a very small area vs. I can't think of 1 P&C agent that writes nationwide.] If it is so easy, as you say, then why don't more try? One reason is you can lose your shirt faster than playing a slot machine in Vegas if you don't know what you are doing! But hey, I love competition. Why don't you get involved in the P&C lead generation space since LTCI is so easy? You could make more $$ & I have yet to meet someone that doesn't like to earn more!:idea:

If the net leads are fair, for a good sales agent, they tend to produce more $$ than a DM drop.

I rifled through twenty of the crappiest life leads you could buy at $6/each. Out of the twenty, there were 8 disconnected numbers, 4 wrong numbers, 2 submitted their request weeks ago, and had either purchased or claimed that they had, which left me with six of which I spoke to four of them and placed two apps.

If it weren't for the 8 disconnected nos., my results would have been much better, but I still placed $3500 on a $120 bet. If DM works that well for anyone, I'd like to hear about it.

btw, I'm not saying it was fun. Working crappy leads can give you a headache. It is less than ideal, but you can make $$ on the phone, without spending your candy and coke money on gas.

If the net leads are fair, for a good sales agent, they tend to produce more $$ than a DM drop.

I rifled through twenty of the crappiest life leads you could buy at $6/each. Out of the twenty, there were 8 disconnected numbers, 4 wrong numbers, 2 submitted their request weeks ago, and had either purchased or claimed that they had, which left me with six of which I spoke to four of them and placed two apps.

If it weren't for the 8 disconnected nos., my results would have been much better, but I still placed $3500 on a $120 bet. If DM works that well for anyone, I'd like to hear about it.

btw, I'm not saying it was fun. Working crappy leads can give you a headache. It is less than ideal, but you can make $$ on the phone, without spending your candy and coke money on gas.

What were you selling?

Lee

Latest posts

Back