Direct Mail Vs. Internet Leads

Those were life leads, so I lead in with life insurance. However, I will sell them anything that I have available. I've got furniture and other shitt if they don't want insurance. My brother has an Army Navy Store, and I can send them to him if necessary, he has a little something for everyone.

:1laugh: I could use some 550 cord for my boot laces.

I do not do DM so I can not compare. But one thing with internet leads I have been getting they at least have email and cell phones so much easier to work with by email and text.

Why doesn't LeBron James play ice hockey when he is not playing basketball? NHLers make money too.

Is this your point?

Nope, just that driving leads in your space is a whole lot different than driving P&C leads. Like orange vs apples. I'm saying that due to less competition, it is much easier/much cheaper, to drive leads in LTCI & be an agent at the same time. Less demand on your time to run a small PPC campaign vs trying to drive leads in the P&C space.
I Googled: "Long Term Care Insurance" just now. Not one carrier is listed in the sponsored links.

I Googled: "Auto Insurance" just now & guess what? Allstate, Travelers, Liberty Mutual, Geico, Metlife, Progressive, Farmers, Nationwide & more showed up in the PPC ads & only 2 lead aggregators on the first page! Same with the relevant content listings...all carriers,

So competing against carriers is a whole lot tougher as it costs much more money than driving LTCI leads when one doesn't have to compete against the large marketing dollar carriers. It takes a full time staff to do it at scale....meaning a couple thousand leads/day.

So, I think we beat this subject all to pieces.....I applaud you on your success driving LTCI leads and writing business in 50 states. I'm sure it is not easy to get a stranger to take out a LTCI policy over the phone. Congratulations.:idea:

Nope, just that driving leads in your space is a whole lot different than driving P&C leads. Like orange vs apples. I'm saying that due to less competition, it is much easier/much cheaper, to drive leads in LTCI & be an agent at the same time. Less demand on your time to run a small PPC campaign vs trying to drive leads in the P&C space.
I Googled: "Long Term Care Insurance" just now. Not one carrier is listed in the sponsored links.

I Googled: "Auto Insurance" just now & guess what? Allstate, Travelers, Liberty Mutual, Geico, Metlife, Progressive, Farmers, Nationwide & more showed up in the PPC ads & only 2 lead aggregators on the first page! Same with the relevant content listings...all carriers,

So competing against carriers is a whole lot tougher as it costs much more money than driving LTCI leads when one doesn't have to compete against the large marketing dollar carriers. It takes a full time staff to do it at scale....meaning a couple thousand leads/day.

So, I think we beat this subject all to pieces.....I applaud you on your success driving LTCI leads and writing business in 50 states. I'm sure it is not easy to get a stranger to take out a LTCI policy over the phone. Congratulations.:idea:

I wasn't suggesting spending marketing dollars on PPC. An agent can blog on issues consumers are searching for and can show up organically in the search engines for free. If the content is good content it will be found. Life insurance is a lot more competitive than LTC too, and there are a number of life insurance agents on this forum that have excellent blogs/websites that bring them enormous traffic.

These life insurance agents aren't having to buy leads from insureme or bankrate or other lead sellers.

I would imagine if blogging/website content works for life insurance and LTC, it will work for anything--P&C, DI, Health, Annuities, etc.

It sure would not hurt for an agent to try.

Last edited:
Those were life leads, so I lead in with life insurance. However, I will sell them anything that I have available. I've got furniture and other shitt if they don't want insurance. My brother has an Army Navy Store, and I can send them to him if necessary, he has a little something for everyone.

I could use some green tip xm855 5.56 at decent price before BATFE/Obama lose their freaking minds again...

Meet you in the back alley at 11pm:D:D:D

Fortunately, these morons don't know what an AP round really is. Any of my cheap lead target 5.56 will pierce light body armor from short distances.

Back