Direct Mail Vs Telemarketed Leads

RookieYankee

Guru
100+ Post Club
I saw one guy put up internet leads vs Direct mailers and figured let me ask about this one because telemarketed leads are better than internet and so far aren't too terrible. I received more leads with the TM leads than I ever did with the Direct mailers. What are some opinions on DM vs TM leads?

Very few people sit by the phone waiting for someone to call with an offer of insurance information.

With either internet or direct mail, they've taken an affirmative step (done something) to indicate their interest in some way.

That's always gonna be a stronger lead.

Very few people sit by the phone waiting for someone to call with an offer of insurance information.

With either internet or direct mail, they've taken an affirmative step (done something) to indicate their interest in some way.

That's always gonna be a stronger lead.

What about the internet leads that say they don't remember doing anything online or the ones that mention a survey? Etc.

I find that TM leads are great as an Addition to DM leads but aren't nearly as good as a Primary lead.

My wife and I also have noticed that TM folks are more likely to be sicker than DM peeps and are more likely to be Direct Express users also.

I saw one guy put up internet leads vs Direct mailers and figured let me ask about this one because telemarketed leads are better than internet and so far aren't too terrible. I received more leads with the TM leads than I ever did with the Direct mailers. What are some opinions on DM vs TM leads?

It's pretty cut and dry. All things being equal DM leads are better than TM. Of course, all things aren't equal. TM leads are cheaper and can be delivered a lot faster but the prospects are usually spread farther out which matters if you see them f2f. There also is a smaller universe of prospects in TM leads.

The good sales guys are getting a great ROI from DM which puts a premium on their time thus making DM more valuable as a staple lead source IF buying in large quantities while working the same area.

It's pretty cut and dry. All things being equal DM leads are better than TM. Of course, all things aren't equal. TM leads are cheaper and can be delivered a lot faster but the prospects are usually spread farther out which matters if you see them f2f. There also is a smaller universe of prospects in TM leads.

The good sales guys are getting a great ROI from DM which puts a premium on their time thus making DM more valuable as a staple lead source IF buying in large quantities while working the same area.

I am pretty new to the business. What is a normal ROI and a great ROI? Of my very first TM order I have only close one lead and his wife. Another guy told me to return on the 15th this month because that's when he could tell me if he can go through it. Today I saw a man who would pay for his wife and himself and asked me how long he would have to pay it and I told him on a monthly basis until 121 years old. He didn't want to add a new bill. The rest I will have to visit in person and some just don't remember getting a phone call at all and don't want it.

But, What is a decent ROI? What is a great ROI?

I am pretty new to the business. What is a normal ROI and a great ROI? Of my very first TM order I have only close one lead and his wife. Another guy told me to return on the 15th this month because that's when he could tell me if he can go through it. Today I saw a man who would pay for his wife and himself and asked me how long he would have to pay it and I told him on a monthly basis until 121 years old. He didn't want to add a new bill. The rest I will have to visit in person and some just don't remember getting a phone call at all and don't want it.

But, What is a decent ROI? What is a great ROI?

MMMM I am not an expert on this at all but my guess would be a decent ROI is 5 to 1 and a great ROI is 7-10 to 1. I rarely run leads so take it for what it is worth.

It sounds like to me you need some help with closing these kinds of people.

I wouldn't tell a guy he has to pay "every month until 121." That sounds miserable to me, as an insurance agent.

Here are some things to say.

"OK sir, I understand that you want to think about it. This is a very important decision but tell me; what is going to change on the 15th?"

Or "Sir, I understand you want to think about it.... but right now you have nothing to think about because you are not even approved! Let's go ahead and sign you up today so at least we can get you approved. Now, will 30 days give you enough time to think about it?"

Now let me ask you this; who is your up line? They should at least have some recordings you can listen to. the "I want to think about it" is probably the most common objections in all of sales. If you don't have a way of getting past that to 1. get a sale or 2. to figure out if it's just a nice way of saying no, then you will have a real hard time in this business.

I decided that I don't deal with "I want to think about it" people after I leave a meeting. those people give you false hope, ruin your weekend making you wonder if you have a deal, etc. It's either yes or no.

MMMM I am not an expert on this at all but my guess would be a decent ROI is 5 to 1 and a great ROI is 7-10 to 1. I rarely run leads so take it for what it is worth.

It sounds like to me you need some help with closing these kinds of people.

I wouldn't tell a guy he has to pay "every month until 121." That sounds miserable to me, as an insurance agent.

Here are some things to say.

"OK sir, I understand that you want to think about it. This is a very important decision but tell me; what is going to change on the 15th?"

Or "Sir, I understand you want to think about it.... but right now you have nothing to think about because you are not even approved! Let's go ahead and sign you up today so at least we can get you approved. Now, will 30 days give you enough time to think about it?"

Now let me ask you this; who is your up line? They should at least have some recordings you can listen to. the "I want to think about it" is probably the most common objections in all of sales. If you don't have a way of getting past that to 1. get a sale or 2. to figure out if it's just a nice way of saying no, then you will have a real hard time in this business.

I decided that I don't deal with "I want to think about it" people after I leave a meeting. those people give you false hope, ruin your weekend making you wonder if you have a deal, etc. It's either yes or no.

I'll PM you right now on that.

Latest posts

Back