Do You Ever Wonder Which Marketing Channels Lead Providers Use?

You've obviously worked very little leads outside of direct mail.

Although direct mail is categorized on here, it accounts for very little in the total volume of leads generated in our industry. Including final expense.

Agents working outside of the DM bubble are very interested in how their leads are generated. Much like how many DM agents prefer not to work the Free Wal-Mart gift card DM leads.

I was shocked to learn how cheap TV leads can be purchased for these days if you take a whole state. But you are right. The quality of one lead can be way less than another depending on what they are responding to exactly.

Dustin you use the magic word that more people do not focus on: intent.

It amazes me agents spend so much on what amounts to the contact information for someone who had the INTENT to acquire insurance 3, 6, 18+ months ago. Advertising technology has come a long way and I think the insurance vertical is ready for a shift to use big data and machine learning to target consumers smarter and more effectively.

I was shocked to learn how cheap TV leads can be purchased for these days if you take a whole state. But you are right. The quality of one lead can be way less than another depending on what they are responding to exactly.

You actually dont need to purchase an entire state. An agent (or local agency) could easily buy airtime on a local broadcast station and begin taking leads within days.

I dont know if anyone is doing this, so I dont know how successful it would be, but I do know, sometimes for us, its cheaper to purchase local broadcast throughout the state than it is to purchase the entire state on cable.

----------

Dustin you use the magic word that more people do not focus on: intent.

It amazes me agents spend so much on what amounts to the contact information for someone who had the INTENT to acquire insurance 3, 6, 18+ months ago. Advertising technology has come a long way and I think the insurance vertical is ready for a shift to use big data and machine learning to target consumers smarter and more effectively.

We partnered up with a Vendor I met at LeadsCon who went through our clients and figured out 50 different demographics with our customer base to help target more prospects that are most likely to buy.

I wasnt familiar with this method until then. But it made perfect sense.

Its definatly a game changer. Other industries have been doing this for years, but as usual, the insurance industry, especially final expense, is the slowest to improve.

Back