Do You Ever Wonder Which Marketing Channels Lead Providers Use?

Econsultancy has a great Internet Statistics Compendium that rates marketing channel by return on investment satisfaction.

Search on google for it with econsultancy channel return on investment and click on images.

3422_email.jpg

Thought some of you may be interested in disintermediation which is where you reduce middle costs by working directly with a source, like a search advertising expert.

Happy selling!

Best,

Dustin

Last edited:
Here is a breakdown of the top rated channels (saving the search):

SEO (Organic Search) 28% Excellent
Email Marketing 26% Excellent
Paid Search (PPC) 15% Excellent
Social Media 11% Excellent
Mobile Marketing 8% Excellent
Affiliate Marketing 8% Excellent
Offline Direct Marketing 6% Excellent
Online Display Ads 2 % Excellent

----------

From what I've seen insurance marketers do better than average with mobile paid search bid adjustments because most consumers would rather speak with an agent who can enroll them by phone rather than try to compare, shop and enroll through the tiny mobile viewport.

----------

Here is another marketing channel allocation report, I like how this one breaks out email for acquisition (w/o optin) & for engagement & retention (w/ opt-in)

ROI-channels.png

----------

The marketing channel source is typically allocated to the last in marketing channel, though beginning or middle sources are often given some weight.

If you have Google Analytics set up you can see a channel contribution by following this path:

Acquistion - All Traffic - Channels

I don't care what they use to get the leads.

I care that they get the leads.

You've obviously worked very little leads outside of direct mail.

Although direct mail is categorized on here, it accounts for very little in the total volume of leads generated in our industry. Including final expense.

Agents working outside of the DM bubble are very interested in how their leads are generated. Much like how many DM agents prefer not to work the Free Wal-Mart gift card DM leads.

Although direct mail is categorized on here, it accounts for very little in the total volume of leads generated in our industry. Including final expense.

Agents working outside of the DM bubble are very interested in how their leads are generated. Much like how many DM agents prefer not to work the Free Wal-Mart gift card DM leads.

Well good for you that you care. I wasn't speaking for anyone else. I don't care. But I'm not a crook either that's looking to scam agents on leads.

You would be that guy.

If I buy leads and find them to be good quality why would I care how the lead company generated them?

If I buy leads and find them to be good quality why would I care how the lead company generated them?

Assuming they were good leads, I would agree with you.

But before I bought, Id like to look at the marketing peice. In essence, I would care how they were generated.

Also in a call center, compliance is an issue, regardless of lead quality, so I always look at the ad pieces.

----------

Well good for you that you care. I wasn't speaking for anyone else. I don't care. But I'm not a crook either that's looking to scam agents on leads.

You would be that guy.

Great counter argument.

Last edited:
Most of the leads are typically resold from other agrrigators and packaged to be unique.

If you are happy with the status quo, then I am happy for you.

For those looking to improve their closing rates, I'm inspired by your interest to find out more about your next potential customer.

Data will let you see around walls and know the intent of your customer before you even speak to them.

When you understand the intent of your customer you can make more money by turning a good lead conversion rate into a great or even legendary conversion rate.

When you understand the intent of your customer you can make more money by turning a good lead conversion rate into a great or even legendary conversion rate.

I wonder what you can specifically tell us about the "intent" of our next customer ?

Do you mean the search terms or what, lets be specific, can we ?

Latest posts

Back