Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Insurance Leads

Reply to Do You Ever Wonder Which Marketing Channels Lead Providers Use?     
Old 04-19-2017, 02:28 PM   #1
Expert
SearchLightLeads on Do You Ever Wonder Which Marketing Channels Lead Providers Use?

State: SearchLightLeads is an Insurance Agent from California
Do You Ever Wonder Which Marketing Channels Lead Providers Use? Do You Ever Wonder Which Marketing Channels Lead Providers Use?
Econsultancy has a great Internet Statistics Compendium that rates marketing channel by return on investment satisfaction.

Search on google for it with econsultancy channel return on investment and click on images.

Thought some of you may be interested in disintermediation which is where you reduce middle costs by working directly with a source, like a search advertising expert.

Happy selling!

Best,

Dustin

------------------------------------
Dustin W. Baly
Google Premier Partner
Grew Shari's Berries To 100 Million
Search Engine Employee in Charge of Partner Strategy
Founder of Search Light Leads & 49 SEO Services
Managed Marketing That Sold over 50,000 Policies

Last edited by SearchLightLeads; 04-19-2017 at 10:09 PM.
  Reply With Quote to Do You Ever Wonder Which Marketing Channels Lead Providers Use?
Old 04-19-2017, 02:45 PM   #2
jjw
Expert

State: jjw is an Insurance Agent from
Do You Ever Wonder Which Marketing Channels Lead Providers Use? Re: Do You Ever Wonder Which Marketing Channels Lead Providers Use?
Hi Dustin,

Thanks for this info. I looked at this page but how does one determine the source as you suggested??

Have a nice day,
John
  Reply With Quote to Do You Ever Wonder Which Marketing Channels Lead Providers Use?
Old 04-19-2017, 10:17 PM   #3
Expert
SearchLightLeads on Do You Ever Wonder Which Marketing Channels Lead Providers Use?

Do You Ever Wonder Which Marketing Channels Lead Providers Use? Re: Do You Ever Wonder Which Marketing Channels Lead Providers Use? SearchLightLeads is the thread starter for: Do You Ever Wonder Which Marketing Channels Lead Providers Use?

Here is a breakdown of the top rated channels (saving the search):

SEO (Organic Search) 28% Excellent
Email Marketing 26% Excellent
Paid Search (PPC) 15% Excellent
Social Media 11% Excellent
Mobile Marketing 8% Excellent
Affiliate Marketing 8% Excellent
Offline Direct Marketing 6% Excellent
Online Display Ads 2 % Excellent

----------

From what I've seen insurance marketers do better than average with mobile paid search bid adjustments because most consumers would rather speak with an agent who can enroll them by phone rather than try to compare, shop and enroll through the tiny mobile viewport.

----------

Here is another marketing channel allocation report, I like how this one breaks out email for acquisition (w/o optin) & for engagement & retention (w/ opt-in)

----------

The marketing channel source is typically allocated to the last in marketing channel, though beginning or middle sources are often given some weight.

If you have Google Analytics set up you can see a channel contribution by following this path:

Acquistion - All Traffic - Channels
Old 04-22-2017, 12:15 PM   #4
Guru

State: jdeasy is an Insurance Agent from Kentucky
jdeasy is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Do You Ever Wonder Which Marketing Channels Lead Providers Use? Re: Do You Ever Wonder Which Marketing Channels Lead Providers Use?
I don't care what they use to get the leads.

I care that they get the leads.
Old 04-25-2017, 02:59 PM   #5
Guru

State: NSRH is an Insurance Agent from Missouri
Originally Posted by jdeasy View Post
I don't care what they use to get the leads.

I care that they get the leads.
You've obviously worked very little leads outside of direct mail.

Although direct mail is categorized on here, it accounts for very little in the total volume of leads generated in our industry. Including final expense.

Agents working outside of the DM bubble are very interested in how their leads are generated. Much like how many DM agents prefer not to work the Free Wal-Mart gift card DM leads.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
-Mark Twain
Old 04-25-2017, 06:11 PM   #6
Guru

State: jdeasy is an Insurance Agent from Kentucky
jdeasy is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Originally Posted by NSRH View Post

Although direct mail is categorized on here, it accounts for very little in the total volume of leads generated in our industry. Including final expense.

Agents working outside of the DM bubble are very interested in how their leads are generated. Much like how many DM agents prefer not to work the Free Wal-Mart gift card DM leads.
Well good for you that you care. I wasn't speaking for anyone else. I don't care. But I'm not a crook either that's looking to scam agents on leads.

You would be that guy.
Old 04-25-2017, 06:19 PM   #7
Guru
rousemark on Do You Ever Wonder Which Marketing Channels Lead Providers Use?

State: rousemark is an Insurance Agent from Tennessee
rousemark is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Originally Posted by NSRH View Post

If I buy leads and find them to be good quality why would I care how the lead company generated them?
Old 04-25-2017, 06:54 PM   #8
Guru

State: NSRH is an Insurance Agent from Missouri
Originally Posted by rousemark View Post
If I buy leads and find them to be good quality why would I care how the lead company generated them?
Assuming they were good leads, I would agree with you.

But before I bought, Id like to look at the marketing peice. In essence, I would care how they were generated.

Also in a call center, compliance is an issue, regardless of lead quality, so I always look at the ad pieces.

----------

Originally Posted by jdeasy View Post
Well good for you that you care. I wasn't speaking for anyone else. I don't care. But I'm not a crook either that's looking to scam agents on leads.

You would be that guy.
Great counter argument.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
-Mark Twain

Last edited by NSRH; 04-25-2017 at 06:53 PM.
Old 04-25-2017, 11:20 PM   #9
Guru

State: todd02 is an Insurance Agent from Alabama
Most of the leads are typically resold from other agrrigators and packaged to be unique.
Old 04-26-2017, 07:46 PM   #10
Expert

Do You Ever Wonder Which Marketing Channels Lead Providers Use? Re: Do You Ever Wonder Which Marketing Channels Lead Providers Use? SearchLightLeads is the thread starter for: Do You Ever Wonder Which Marketing Channels Lead Providers Use?

If you are happy with the status quo, then I am happy for you.

For those looking to improve their closing rates, I'm inspired by your interest to find out more about your next potential customer.

Data will let you see around walls and know the intent of your customer before you even speak to them.

When you understand the intent of your customer you can make more money by turning a good lead conversion rate into a great or even legendary conversion rate.
Reply to Do You Ever Wonder Which Marketing Channels Lead Providers Use? 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Insurance Leads