Does Anyone Have Experience with Need-A-Lead?

moretrax

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I've used almost every source of lead generation but I keep coming back to DM. I've been looking at Need-A Lead. Never have used them before and their fixed cost per lead option looks interesting. My question:

Can you share any recent, first-hand experience with this vendor?:)

BTW I'm looking for FE and possibly Med Supp leads.

Last edited:
I've used almost every source of lead generation but I keep coming back to DM. I've been looking at Need-A Lead. Never have used them before and their fixed cost per lead option looks interesting. My question:

We have never used them, but I've been told by a few agents that they are pretty good. I think the owner's name is Brady and I've been told he's a stand up guy as well.

Yeah we've used nead a lead quite a bit. Brady is the owner and he's a good guy. Very trustworthy.

We used his fixed cost lead program for about a year. It worked well for some agents but not as well for others. You definitely want to make sure you have age filters you can live with on that program. One week I had 20 out of 25 leads in the age range of 80 to 85. Brady did a new mailing for me at no cost that time but that type of lopsided age distribution was not unusual.

To be honest if I were using Brady for my direct mail Leads I would go with the price per thousand's instead of the set price. You have much more flexibility as to what lead card you can mail what age it is mailed to and what income filters you use.

Bradys cost per lead system falls way short of the ones that do it really well such as RGI or EFES. But when mailing price per thousand I think Brady is in the top two along with Chris at the lead connection.

But the best thing you can do for yourself with any direct mail lead program regardless of who it's through and how your paying for it (Price per lead or price per 1,000) is to order weekly on auto pilot and keep new leads comming in every week.

We have never used them, but I've been told by a few agents that they are pretty good. I think the owner's name is Brady and I've been told he's a stand up guy as well.

Thanks Todd. Good to know someone who stands behind what they do.

----------

Yeah we've used nead a lead quite a bit. Brady is the owner and he's a good guy. Very trustworthy.

We used his fixed cost lead program for about a year. It worked well for some agents but not as well for others. You definitely want to make sure you have age filters you can live with on that program. One week I had 20 out of 25 leads in the age range of 80 to 85. Brady did a new mailing for me at no cost that time but that type of lopsided age distribution was not unusual.

To be honest if I were using Brady for my direct mail Leads I would go with the price per thousand's instead of the set price. You have much more flexibility as to what lead card you can mail what age it is mailed to and what income filters you use.

Bradys cost per lead system falls way short of the ones that do it really well such as RGI or EFES. But when mailing price per thousand I think Brady is in the top two along with Chris at the lead connection.

But the best thing you can do for yourself with any direct mail lead program regardless of who it's through and how your paying for it (Price per lead or price per 1,000) is to order weekly on auto pilot and keep new leads comming in every week.

Thanks Newby. TLC was the other lead vendor my IMO was recommending. Are you indicating you have had a 2%+ rate with 20-25 leads coming in per week?

Thanks Todd. Good to know someone who stands behind what they do.

----------

Thanks Newby. TLC was the other lead vendor my IMO was recommending. Are you indicating you have had a 2%+ rate with 20-25 leads coming in per week?

No way. I'm in the southern part if Indiana. We have terrible response rates here. But I'm on the set price lead now so response rates are no longer my problem.

Feel free to contact me if you want to about our lead program. If you are in a part of Indiana that we don't have an agent already mailing I can probably offer you a better lead option than you will find elsewhere.

The more I look at this, the more the fixed cost per lead option looks like a better choice. Especially in an area with a low response rate which is what I'm hearing is true in some areas.

Need-A-Lead and RGI appear to be the best vendors. Now it's time to drill down into the specifics:

Specific wording on mailer indicating this is life insurance vs. "plain Vanilla"?
Age range. 55-75?
Income. $20k-$50k?
Request mailings by zips rather than by county?

Decisions, decisions, decisions! :laugh:

The more I look at this, the more the fixed cost per lead option looks like a better choice. Especially in an area with a low response rate which is what I'm hearing is true in some areas.

Need-A-Lead and RGI appear to be the best vendors. Now it's time to drill down into the specifics:

Specific wording on mailer indicating this is life insurance vs. "plain Vanilla"?
Age range. 55-75?
Income. $20k-$50k?

How does that Nike saying go...........:)

Age range. 55-75?
Income. $20k-$50k?

Keep in mind that you'll pay extra for the fixed cost leads if you put filters in there, like age and income.

Back