Efes Leads

Hey JD, I was a captive agent for awhile and was able to be successful for a couple years. About six months ago I broke away and out of lack of experience as a broker I got contracted with a few FE carriers with different IMO's. I was actually doing ok with tele leads and referrals and working my old book of business but the last month I been beginning to run dry. I am about a 3500 a week producer and really looking for a good solid IMO to keep me consistent. I've read some of your post, you seem to be pretty knowledgeable regarding the concerns I have. I called securas and spoke with a guy named Art Leazer. I guess he was the one credited for ramping up NAA. In any event, I would love to get your thoughts man. I'm really at a fork in the road right now. Securas is willing to start me at a 80% with a guaranteed territory here in Tampa, FL, with leads for $25 each.

If you produce 3500 ap a week then you should be able to buy your own leads and get above street contracts.

If you produce 3500 ap a week then you should be able to buy your own leads and get above street contracts.

Right now I have a street level contract with monumental to which I submit most of my business to. With my old captive company they provide leads for you and teach you how to be a monster at getting referrals. Trade off is that you are on a 50% contract. Now that I broke away from that and I have been buying leads it's been kind of rocky for me. Did my first mail drop a couple months ago and had 4 leads come in. Been working with a guy who does live tele leads but the ROI just isn't quite what I was expecting. The only solution to me seems to be getting with a good IMO who has a consistent flow of good mail drop leads coming in for you at a decent price.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
So I am confused, $20+ per lead @ 80%? Really seems high to me?

That was my though exactly, @ 80% I will sell you leads for $15 each.

That's what I thought too. Supposedly the leads are really good. And they are able to keep them coming consistent to you.

Last edited:
Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't there only a few types of leads and they are all basically the same. Why can't you get 100% contract and purchase "leads" on your own. Your a producer man take the leap and negotiate the highest contracts and do it on your own.

Why was telesales ROI not worth it exactly?

I'll be honest. I really haven't done it long enough to have an opinion on whether the RIO is there or not. Maybe it has to do with the person I'm working with that's producing the live leads for me. With the live tele leads I'm having to twist arms and bend backs backwards to book the appointment. With the direct mail leads I've noticed my close ratio is higher and the appointments are easier to book. Like I said though, I haven't been using either long enough to really catch the groove of getting it down really well yet so my opinions don't mean much, just giving you my 2 cents on my experience with both kinds of leads thus far.
Im on a 115% right now. But with the hassle of trying to find a decent lead source that is reliable and consistent I'd be willing to give up a few points for that.

Last edited:
But with the hassle of trying to find a decent lead source that is reliable and consistent I'd be willing to give up a few points for that.

Maybe re-read post #10.
You can get $28 leads and keep street or better contracts.
Sounds a bit better than $25 leads and losing 25 points, doesn't it?

Lets say I just want to buy exclusive mailer leads and ididnt want anymore contracting or to attach myself to anyone who can i go to??

Back