Exclusive Lead Generation Mistakes (and Fixes)

Brian Anderson

Executive Editor
100+ Post Club
Insurance lead generation expert Boyd Karren contributed a new article (link below) outlining what he says are the 3 most common mistakes agents make when trying to generate their own exclusive leads online, and how correcting these mistakes can pay immediate dividends in lead generation efforts.

He lists poor targeting, a weak response offer and boring follow-up as the 3 common mistakes. What other mistakes would you add to that list?

Insurance Forums | Wormless hooks and other insurance lead generation mistakes

Insurance lead generation expert Boyd Karren contributed a new article (link below) outlining what he says are the 3 most common mistakes agents make when trying to generate their own exclusive leads online, and how correcting these mistakes can pay immediate dividends in lead generation efforts. He lists poor targeting, a weak response offer and boring follow-up as the 3 common mistakes. What other mistakes would you add to that list? Insurance Forums | Wormless hooks and other insurance lead generation mistakes

I just spoke to an agent in Florida today about this. I think a big problem with many websites is that they seem too "generic". Don't just follow the same template everyone else uses, add your own take on it for authenticity and it will help you stand out in the crowd.

That's my $0.02

I just spoke to an agent in Florida today about this. I think a big problem with many websites is that they seem too "generic". Don't just follow the same template everyone else uses, add your own take on it for authenticity and it will help you stand out in the crowd.

That's my $0.02

Can I give you the $0.02 back, your advice sucked LOL:D JK

I agree with the 3 items listed as being the biggest mistakes. In my experience, the follow-up piece tends to be the aspect that falls by the wayside most often.

There are some interesting findings to a study that was conducted on when companies should call web-generated leads for optimal contact and qualification rates.

A few highlights:

- Wednesdays and Thursdays are the best days to call in order to contact (by 49.7% over the worst day) and qualify (by 24.9% over the worst day) leads. Thursday is the best day to contact a lead in order to qualify that lead (by 19.1% better than the worst day).

- The odds of contacting a lead if called in 5 minutes versus 30 minutes drop 100 times. The odds of qualifying a lead if called in 5 minutes versus 30 minutes drop 21 times.

- The odds of calling to contact a lead decrease by over 10 times in the 1st hour. The odds of calling to qualify a lead decrease by over 6 times in the 1st hour. After 20 hours every additional dial your salespeople make actually hurts your ability to make contact to qualify a lead.

Here is a link to more about this study:

THE LEAD RESPONSE MANAGEMENT STUDY

I agree with the 3 items listed as being the biggest mistakes. In my experience, the follow-up piece tends to be the aspect that falls by the wayside most often.

There are some interesting findings to a study that was conducted on when companies should call web-generated leads for optimal contact and qualification rates.

A few highlights:

- Wednesdays and Thursdays are the best days to call in order to contact (by 49.7% over the worst day) and qualify (by 24.9% over the worst day) leads. Thursday is the best day to contact a lead in order to qualify that lead (by 19.1% better than the worst day).

- The odds of contacting a lead if called in 5 minutes versus 30 minutes drop 100 times. The odds of qualifying a lead if called in 5 minutes versus 30 minutes drop 21 times.

- The odds of calling to contact a lead decrease by over 10 times in the 1st hour. The odds of calling to qualify a lead decrease by over 6 times in the 1st hour. After 20 hours every additional dial your salespeople make actually hurts your ability to make contact to qualify a lead.

Here is a link to more about this study:

THE LEAD RESPONSE MANAGEMENT STUDY

Honesty I don't buy into many of these type statistics, Real world experience there are a lot of variable's. These statistics most resembles a shared internet lead. Where a lead is generated and if it is truly exclusive will make these statistics stand on its head

That wends thurs thing is pure crap. I heard that before what are you going to do zero your buis on wends thurs, Sometime Mon and Fri are my best days. Yesterday (Tues ) was the best day this month

NO leads are exclusive...

Human nature makes us look again and again. So NO leads are exclusive, if a client is looking they are looking.

Don't kid yourself

NO leads are exclusive...

Human nature makes us look again and again. So NO leads are exclusive, if a client is looking they are looking.

Don't kid yourself

Yes and No while there never is any guarantee that one won't shop around, And I think there is a dif where you generate also.

Lee CQ customized quote used to provide Ex leads that cant be beat. No Lie I could call someone 2 days out it would be like I called in first 5 min.

He no longer does Med Supp leads. I know he still does the FE and LTC but I don't sell those.

Ive searched for similar closest I could find is benepath, A distant 2nd for the same price. At that price not sure I could make it work maybe

I have tried a bunch others and they all fail miserably.

I need to learn how to self generate

Back