Experience with Help Prospect Based Out of Atlanta Georgia

charlesj

Expert
Anybody have any experience using the above lead firm? Please let me know. Here's what they are selling:

"qualified" annuity leads - meaning that these are supposedly individuals that responded to a postcard that they want someone to contact them. Lead cost is $5 a piece and they apparently have approx. 200 people that responded to this postcard in my area. They provide a "20% appt guarantee" meaning that if we don't get appts on at least 20% of the leads, they will continue to provide new leads until the 20% appt rate is set.

Now I am not being cynical here but before mama said, "Life is like a box of chocolates..." she would say, "Forrest, when something sounds too good to be true, it means it usually is."

First, the return postage-paid postcard they send asks the recipient to provide their approx income and net worth by checking off boxes. I cannot imagine that people would actually submit personal financial information like this back through the mail on a postcard. Also, I find it to be a convenient coincidence that the supposed number of leads just so happens to be 200 for a cost of approx $1,000.

Please let me know if you have heard of this place and what your experience has been. Also, if anybody knows of a reputable service that actually does the above, please post or PM. Thanks.

Anybody have any experience using the above lead firm? Please let me know. Here's what they are selling:

"qualified" annuity leads - meaning that these are supposedly individuals that responded to a postcard that they want someone to contact them. Lead cost is $5 a piece and they apparently have approx. 200 people that responded to this postcard in my area. They provide a "20% appt guarantee" meaning that if we don't get appts on at least 20% of the leads, they will continue to provide new leads until the 20% appt rate is set.

Now I am not being cynical here but before mama said, "Life is like a box of chocolates..." she would say, "Forrest, when something sounds too good to be true, it means it usually is."

First, the return postage-paid postcard they send asks the recipient to provide their approx income and net worth by checking off boxes. I cannot imagine that people would actually submit personal financial information like this back through the mail on a postcard. Also, I find it to be a convenient coincidence that the supposed number of leads just so happens to be 200 for a cost of approx $1,000.

Please let me know if you have heard of this place and what your experience has been. Also, if anybody knows of a reputable service that actually does the above, please post or PM. Thanks.

Sounds like the ride along leads an outfit was selling in Florida. It's basically then giving you a cold call list and calling it a lead. They will feed you as many as possible because they are just cold names and numbers. I'm not saying that's what this is but it sounds like it. Nobody is going to give you any guarantees on leads.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
If they can give you a hard copy of the post card it may be worth checking out. If you can't see the cards that the prospect filled out then they are trying to get one over on you.

Last edited:
Sounds like the ride along leads an outfit was selling in Florida. It's basically then giving you a cold call list and calling it a lead. They will feed you as many as possible because they are just cold names and numbers. I'm not saying that's what this is but it sounds like it. Nobody is going to give you any guarantees on leads.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
If they can give you a hard copy of the post card it may be worth checking out. If you can't see the cards that the prospect filled out then they are trying to get one over on you.

When I asked about this, of course they said that they actually don't receive the cards back. The cards are handled by another company and all they get is the data.

I couldn't find anything about this company anywhere online.

I then requested 2 dozen leads as a trial so we can taste test before we buy. Of course they can't do that because they would then have to do it for everybody? Huh?

Well, then... I am sorry but we can't do business.

Like I said, if anyone is aware of a reputable company that actually does what the above company claims to be doing, please let me know.

When I asked about this, of course they said that they actually don't receive the cards back. The cards are handled by another company and all they get is the data.

I couldn't find anything about this company anywhere online.

I then requested 2 dozen leads as a trial so we can taste test before we buy. Of course they can't do that because they would then have to do it for everybody? Huh?

Well, then... I am sorry but we can't do business.

Like I said, if anyone is aware of a reputable company that actually does what the above company claims to be doing, please let me know.

There are no reputable companies doing what they are offering. The biggest red flag is the guarantee, that and the fact that you won't receive the lead card...

I received a call from this company and agreed to buy some leads to try it. The minimum you can buy is 50 leads. I only wanted to try 10. I was given a better price to try 50 and agreed to do it. Then I got scared off when I received the contract and their only acceptable method of payment is by wire transfer. I have never heard of such a thing. Another reason to be very cautious.

I rec'd a call from them today, apparently they claim to
piggy-back with utilities, credit card statements and financial publications.
Opening order for $5,(minimum order of $250 as well)guaranteed 10% would set an appointment.

She did attach the front and back of the lead card, and they look good, to good to be real IMO.

I'm not willing to be the first schmuck to try these, so I'll wait and see if anyone else wants to take one for the team.:D

Back