Generate Your Own Exclusive Internet Leads!!!

jkearns

Expert
You may think it is to expensive to build your own lead service for internet leads. Trust me, it is cheaper than purchasing and competing with up to 7 agents for just one lead.

I have built my own internet lead service, which has landing pages with on-line applications to get a quote. I purchase pay-per-click adverting on all the major search engines and social media to market and advertise to prospects. Once they submit, an email comes to my agency and to my telemarkerting partner. My telemarketing partner will call each lead up to 8 times and send up to 5 emails for me. They will even schedule an appointment for me, if they are unable to get a hold of me or my staff.

One-time cost for landing pages and on-line quote forms, plus an annual hosting Fee was about $2,000.00 for first year. My marketing partner is about $299.00 a month for telemarketing 200 leads, then it's $2.00 per lead for additonal leads. I then spend about the same amount of money I was spending on purchasing leads from lead vendors.

I spend about $1.50 per lead and $1.50 on having the telemarketing partner solicit the prospect on my behalf. Total, I'm spending about $3.00 on average per lead. It's also an exclusive lead, which is far easier to sell then with competition.

Another thing I do, since the prospect is shopping and if I can't close them with one my appointed carriers or preferred intermediaries, I ask the prospect if they would like for me to refer them to another agency, who maybe able to help them further. It just so happens, I may have a producer arrangement with the other agency, which I split commissions for new buisness and renewals and I keep ownership of the expirations, but do not have to do any of the servicing. I may BOR, the policy later to one of my preferred intermediaries, where I can get a better commission split for the renewals, but I did one thing, that many agents do not do, which is if I can't close it, then I refer them to someone who can, while sitting back and letting them take over.

Any how, anyone else generate there own exclusive internet leads for there agency?

Yeah, I've done this....but I built the website myself and i only pay hosting fees....it helps if you have more than one website, but obviously that will increase your PPL ... it works, but it doesn't bring in a lot of volume. You say that you're paying $1.50 per lead, or $3.00 with your telemarketer...how many leads per month have you generated, and how long have you been doing this for? Lastly, what is your closing rate?

Mentioning which line of insurance you are trying to sell, would certainly be helpful.

That is a great price, I agree with the above advice, too easy these days to make a landing page with a quote form.
What's your avg ppc for your vertical of insurance?
Do you vary your bid based on time (very recommended)?
Do you utilize cookies to readvertise from site to site?

My gut tells me that if leads (real leads) were truly this cheap, EVERYONE would be doing it.

Back