Good Lead Companies

Random question...

Has anyone considered speaking to some of these lead gen companies and partnering with them? Something along the lines of give me leads at cost and I can give you a piece of the back end of the premiums?

I think you would quickly start to see your close rates go up.

Random question...

Has anyone considered speaking to some of these lead gen companies and partnering with them? Something along the lines of give me leads at cost and I can give you a piece of the back end of the premiums?

Why don't you try it and come back and let us know what they tell you.:skeptical:

All these companies I mentioned have a replacement policy in place... and even that is only as good as the quality of leads provided and senior management.

Then agents who continue to order from them after they get screwed are dumb asses.

9163581-248624367_2-s4-v1.png

I have tried many of them when I was a State Farm agent. QuoteWizard, InsureMe, AllWebLeads (the worst), netquote and more.

All of them (except AWL) are good in waves. But buying leads is not a good way to acquire business. When you buy these, you are further commoditizing a business which is already a commodity (auto/home/renters). Life leads can be a real waste of money.

You can be successful however, but you must be consistent and find a good company / account manager. For me, that too was cyclical. You have to pay close attention to your credits and ensure that your staff (if you have one) is requesting timely credits and enter clear details as part of the credit.

Many years ago I was somewhat successful with exclusive life leads (they were EXPENSIVE) but I think the lead world has become a bit saturated.

If I were to do it all over again (I no longer work with paid leads), I would instead invest my money into my own lead capture site, and direct the money to Facebook and Google Ads. This way, the leads that you get are newly-generated.

There is no shortcut to success. Keep your money, network, build relationships and get referrals. You will acquire (and keep) a better client base that is more likely to stay with you.

Just my 2 cents. Good luck!

Random question...

How do you perceive the cost of a lead affecting close rates?

How do you perceive the cost of a lead affecting close rates?

Companies that generate the leads have a sense of what sources produce the best leads. This is based on a combination of return rates per source, as well as constant demand for certain sources.

The lead is one piece of the "closing equation" but if you are getting the best possible quality leads, it will increase your close rates.

Companies that generate the leads have a sense of what sources produce the best leads. This is based on a combination of return rates per source, as well as constant demand for certain sources.

The lead is one piece of the "closing equation" but if you are getting the best possible quality leads, it will increase your close rates.

I think your answer here suggests the answer to your original question.

Nowhere in two short paragraphs do you mention cost as a primary driver of the utility of a lead. I suspect this could be a significant reason why "no one" has offered to partner with a lead agency under the terms of your original proposal.

I understand what you are saying and where you are coming from. I just feel like if a well trained Agent commits to any led gathering process rather that's leads, door knocking or whatever he or she will get results. I have been training agents and getting results from leads for years now it can happen.

I have used QuoteWizard since 9/1/2016, receiving mainly Medicare Supplement leads and a small amount of life leads. Since I started in September I have received a total of 232 leads. Out of those 232 leads I received credit back for 131 of them due to people not wanting to be contacted or other issues. So out of a total of 101 leads billed to myself, I have written 18 Medicare Supplement policies and 4 life insurance policies. Also I have created a large stream of future sales from this as well as knowing what every lead has in place for Medicare insurance incase a certain carrier were to leave my state then I could contact them again and try to write them. It's also nice because I can call these people again whenever I want to see if anything has changed in their plans so there are a lot of future contacts.

If you can't get qualified people in the door then sometimes leads work out, but I think its mainly on timing especially with Medicare Supplements. I saw that during the open enrollment period, individuals are easier to set and write compared to the months of January and February this year. Mainly because a lot of retiree's are unaware that they can switch companies for Medicare Supplement policies at any time obviously with underwriting.

Life leads are hit or miss, I feel it is easier to sell Medicare Supplements and it's a great way to get in the door for cross selling. Although I have put a large amount of money into these leads, I have made a good ROI. I have almost doubled what I put into the lead system.

Back