Hometown Quotes

Michigan9534

Expert
I spend anywhere from $800-$1,000 a month with these guys and I am very unhappy.

The first two months the leads were ok not great, but ok. The last two months have been a complete joke. They say the leads are only sold to a total of 3 agents, over 75% of the leads that I have gotten have had 5-6 agents call about their one online request. Hometown charges more because they say they are only sold to two other agents besides yourself when in fact they are not. Why would I pay way more with them vs net quotes when I get the same quality.

I called hometown and first off had to wait on hold for 12 min and then because I didn't request credits for these folks there is nothing they can do. Why would i request a credit when i am still working the lead, the lead wasn't bad because i couldn't reach them is was bad because it was sold too many times, and i didn't want them calling while i was working them.

Beware your better off paying 1/2 the price with someone else for the same quality lead. they are going downhill.

I spend anywhere from $800-$1,000 a month with these guys and I am very unhappy.

The first two months the leads were ok not great, but ok. The last two months have been a complete joke. They say the leads are only sold to a total of 3 agents, over 75% of the leads that I have gotten have had 5-6 agents call about their one online request. Hometown charges more because they say they are only sold to two other agents besides yourself when in fact they are not. Why would I pay way more with them vs net quotes when I get the same quality.

I called hometown and first off had to wait on hold for 12 min and then because I didn't request credits for these folks there is nothing they can do. Why would i request a credit when i am still working the lead, the lead wasn't bad because i couldn't reach them is was bad because it was sold too many times, and i didn't want them calling while i was working them.

Beware your better off paying 1/2 the price with someone else for the same quality lead. they are going downhill.

Hello MI9534,

I need to know more, so please call me...

Okay, since I didn't post this yet, the agent called me & I am reviewing his account. [I sent him a PM & asked him to call me.] I'll let you all know what I find out.

"MI9534," thank you for calling me.

Bob

I have waited a week to hear back from hometown and nothing.

Why pay double the price for the same quality leads ????

thanks guys almost placed an order with them

IMHO, you should try us. We don't keep folks money if things don't work out. In Jake's [Michigan9534] case, I shared with him the name of another agent, same captive carrier, same state, that had just called me saying the lead quality in the last 90 days was the best he's ever experienced. He knew the agent & had his number.
I am on the road a lot so I told Jake I'd have my staff look into it to see if they noticed anything different than his associates account. Nothing noticed, but I'm not sure that was communicated to Jake. I was on the road through last Thursday & forgot to follow up. I checked with the office just now & of course, too late to catch the ASR that was working with him.

I'll report back tomorrow after talking to Lauren at my office. Not sure how the ball was dropped.

Regardless...I think you should try us as what have you to lose? We don't keep your money & we give you credit for any/all bad leads. As I like to say: "You'll love my leads...I guarantee it!"

Seriously, I have no idea why he thinks leads at 1/2 the price are just as good, but I'm trying to find out.

Oh yeah: I do only sell my leads to up to 3 agents & we don't share leads sold to agents with 24x7 call centers. I call leads every week to verify things like this. Many times I get the consumer who says: I just told the agent that to get him to go away. Or: I had the same guys call me 4 times today already...so yeah, I guess it wasn't 8 different agents, but when the agent asked, I was pissed.
I take this stuff Seriously folks. I do not over sell my leads NOR do I sell my leads to aged lead vendors so someone can come behind you 3-6 months from now to try & get them to shop you again. I do not do business that way. Period.

Thank you,
Bob

Last edited:
Bob,

You are a very nice guy, but in all reality I had a problem and nothing was done about it, I waited a week to hear back and I heard nothing. The reality of the situation is I have in a two month time frame had about 50% of the leads I have worked had 5-6 other agents calling them now I understand your what your saying bob, but when it happens over and over again in a two month time frame there is a problem.

Like I said before I want a quality lead source if thats not going to happen I and other agents should buy leads that are half the cost if they are being sold to 5-6 agents.

Are you sure that the 5-6 agents are from the same source. My experience says that prospects that put there name in at one site will repeat that on other sites. Hence they will be called by damn near every agent on the net.

That being said, I generally find internet leads to be a waste of money. I'd rather spend $2-3,000 on a website and SEO and see what happens.

Rick

I can vouch for Bob about HTQ. I've been with them around 5 or 6 years off and on now. Bob does not resell the leads agents get to any aged lead outfit. We've had the discussion over the years and while it has been considered, it was abandoned when agents like myself told him we still work these leads. I just wrote a WL on a person I began speaking do more than 4 years ago. I have leads from HTQs that I have written 1,2 and 3 years down the road. You just keep in their mind as who to contact when they are ready to go.

HTQ is also the best at returns that I have run across. Sure sometimes you get frustrated, but it is once a quarter to six months or so. With others it was a daily battle for returns. HTQ is far and away the best to deal with out there. They are agent oriented.

Does that mean they're perfect? NOPE, but they try to get there.

As far as oversold leads, it happens sometimes. Bob buys from other vendors sometimes and they aren't always honest with Bob, let alone us. Patterns form if you've done this long enough and you'll get a clump of leads that the same problem occurs (over sold, fake info, et..). You call in and if you're nice enough and treat the people there like your partner rather than your enemy, you may find out the leads are coming from one source and you can have them shut off and get credited for them. Most lead vendors cannot generate enough volume on their own, so they supplement from outside sources. Sometimes the outside source is screwing both the agent and HTQ. But HTQ doesn't really know till you find a pattern and ask them to look.

I'd recommend HTQ to anybody, they try hard to do what they say. That's far more than 90% of the other vendors out there.

They are not perfect but they are better than everyone else. Mich, I am sorry you are having a bad experience, I think if you have an issue they will make it right. I usually submit for a credit, and if they deny the credit I send it to the "service" email address. 90% of the time this works without a hitch. If you look at the netquote return policy it is a joke. At least HTQ will take care of it. Mich, I am not sure why something would go one week. That has not been my experience. I will reach out to you. I have tried everyone, and they are making up the bulk of my sales right now and its been sustainable for a long time.

I concur with Mich I am very disappointed with HTQ $350.00 month entering my third month, my two leads today, lead 1 called at 8:30 am no answer, called back at 11:00 am prospect told me I was the sixth agent she spoke to today. lead 2 called the # and spoke with gentleman who had no idea how I got his number, name on the lead was clearly foreign ( bijan arfae) the gentleman I spoke with was Pat Jones. I want to do business with a reputable leads provider I would not recommend HTQ. If in fact they only sell to 3 agents triple the price and sell to one agent.

Back