how do i get leads

FREE GERITOL

Take out an ad for free Geritol in the local newspaper. All they have to do is call in to get a free sample, however in order to get the free sample they must give you their current information.

I'm not sure if this would work but it sounds like a good idea.

If you are just getting started I assume that you don't have a lot of extra cash to play with.

What ever you do is going to cost you a lot of money and it isn't always going to be as successful as you hoped it would be. In the long run maybe but you probably need to make money now.

If you really aren't afraid of "hard work", buy a list and pick up the phone. Learn to prospect, selling is the easy part. If you know how to prospect and get good at it you will never be at a loss for "leads". The ones you get yourself will be a whole lot better anyway.

Keep track of everyone you talk to and don't just dismiss them if they aren't ready to buy now. They may be a great prospect 6 or 12 months from now.

Find out what company they now have their insurance with so when you hear that company has a huge increase you can call them and save them money. Make a note to call them again after the first of the year when most companies have their increase.

If you are well organized and call from lists you will make a lot of money selling Med Supps.

Call me if I can help.

What are the best sources for lists? I've heard of agents using Voters's Registration, credit bureaus, etc. Any opinions on these sources or any others?

Also, how much should one expect to pay for a list, and what information are we looking for? Name, address, tel., income, age, what else?

Last edited:
What are the best sources for lists? I've heard of agents using Voters's Registration, credit bureaus, etc. Any opinions on these sources or any others?

Also, how much should one expect to pay for a list, and what information are we looking for? Name, address, tel., income, age, what else?

Voter Registration lists use to be great. The main problem is that they are not scrubbed, unless you can scrub them yourself.

Assuming you don't want to or can't scrub them yourself then there are several companies you can choose from. I get mine from Lead Concepts I believe. It's been two or three years since I have purchased a list. I paid around $100 per 1,000. They keep their list pretty much up to date. Some companies don't.

I request name, address, phone and age. I ask for that information for people with $15,000 income and above and ages 67 to 77. I stay away from turning 65 people. They have never been good prospects for me. I usually spend a lot of time educating them only to have them sign up with AARP. Don't know why. I make a note to call them back in a year or two.

Most of the insurance I sell is out of my Prospects Database to people I have talked to in the past. Just because they weren't ready to buy the first time I contacted them doesn't mean that they aren't ready now. Now, could be 6, 12, 18, 24 or 36 months later. Really.

Or, maybe the company they have their insurance with has had a big increase. If I hear that Bankers Life, or any other company, had a big increase I print a list of everyone I talked to over the past couple of years that has their coverage with that company and give them a call. When I talk to them the first time I always "leave the door open" for me to call them again if I hear their company had an increase.

Keep track of every person you talk to and the name of their insurance company as well as any other information you learn about them and you won't have to worry about where to get your leads.

Back