How Do You Guys Get Your Leads

dennis_davis

I'm new at this, and I also go to college. So while I'm trying to sell insurance I also have school to pay for. So I was wondering like what seems to be the best way to get leads, or so to say good leads.

This is far from an exhaustive list, but these are the methods that come to mind:

• Facebook ads
  • Google Adwords
  • SEO
  • Direct Mail
  • Telemarketing
  • Referrals
  • Cross selling
  • Door knocking
  • Email marketing
  • Seminars

I use most, but not all, of the above currently.

I think I only door knocked one or two days in my 31 years in the business. I have no plans to do it again, but other agents do it daily. Many make more money than I do.

You could make a good living with any of the above as your main source of leads.

I'm a big believer in finding a synergy between your marketing methods. In another words if you can get X ROI with SEO alone, what happens to X when you add direct mail? Does the cost of the mailings offset the increased sales or vice versa?

For a newb, I suggest that you get good at one method of generating leads, then after your ROI gets respectable, try adding a second one and see if your cost per acquisition goes up or down.

I send everyone who visits my website a letter in the mail. The cost of the letter is more than offset by the increased sales, but your mileage may vary.

Permission based email marketing is another thing I include in the mix. It is great if you like to write or are good at it. (I say "or", because if you like doing it getting good is just a matter of practice.)

I hated when people told me this, but the best way to get leads (good leads) are from referrals. In your case target the referral partners you want to get leads from depending on what your selling ex: loan officers, CPA's, little Car dealers, real estate agents. If you have any family members or friends that can introduce you to these type of people or buddies that are in this field reach out to them to refer you the business. This type of lead generation is free on your part no money needed to build the relationship other than a lunch from time to time or Starbucks card if anything.

I hated when people told me this, but the best way to get leads (good leads) are from referrals. In your case target the referral partners you want to get leads from depending on what your selling ex: loan officers, CPA's, little Car dealers, real estate agents. If you have any family members or friends that can introduce you to these type of people or buddies that are in this field reach out to them to refer you the business. This type of lead generation is free on your part no money needed to build the relationship other than a lunch from time to time or Starbucks card if anything.

Yes, referrals are great. But I completely stopped asking for referrals 15 years ago. Oh well. New agents need to learn how to ask for referrals.

Our office buys leads from time-to-time, but I wouldn't recommend it. I agree with ltcadviser, the best way is to build a website, create relevant content, and get leads through that (email capture tools, subscription list, and more). That approach works for us.

It's a good approach since you are basically asking your prospect's permission to get their contact information (be it email or phone or any other means).

If you're interested in some Med sup leads, there's a new company that has some affordable prices for their leads. It's not an online lead or anything and it comes pretty detailed, the company name was Orbus Marketing, I only purchased 30 and had a higher contact rate than I did with my previous vendors.

Let me know if this helps any!

How very thoughtful of you to join this site just in time to alert us, in multiple threads, of this most excellent vendor.

The sooner you get comfortable asking for qualified leads, the sooner you will be successful...in my opinion. Don't simply ask "Do you know anyone who is in the market for life insurance?"...no one does. Qualify your question with "Who do you know who just had a baby?" or "Who do you know who just purchased a home?".

The sooner you get comfortable asking for qualified leads, the sooner you will be successful...in my opinion. Don't simply ask "Do you know anyone who is in the market for life insurance?"...no one does. Qualify your question with "Who do you know who just had a baby?" or "Who do you know who just purchased a home?".

That all takes me back to my captive Mutual company days. Gawd, I hated those boring training meetings.

Does that work for you?

Back