How Effective Are Along the Road Signs?

yabadabadoo1026

Guru
100+ Post Club
I know often they may get pulled down almost as fast as you put them up but I would think in general the ROI would be more than a 1.5% return on a mailing

you can throw away junk mail without looking at it but its hard to ignore a targetted sign at a stop light

granted to figure true ROI u have to figure ones time driving around and spreading around signs but for a new guy starting out as me all i have is time and more time than money to spend on mailings ---------i can see $ 175 for a 100 signs a lot easier than $375 for 1000 mailings of junk mail at 1.5% resoponse---lol

granted it depends on what you pushing-------for MAPD I really dont know what a new guy can do since he cant prospect or cold call other than signs or direct mail which are going to get lost in the multidudes of such stuff they all get in season---------having expensive educational siminars isnt an option with me

thoughts anyone???

A friend of mine put a sign on his car. Back window. He gets quite a few leads from it. Haven't tried it yet.

For the Medicare side, I volunteer at my local Senior Center once a week. They put me in the gift shop at first. Now I am working at the front desk. Been there 2 months and I have a lot of people asking me questions. Great way to gear up for the AEP. At first they would not let me do Seminars there. Now I have full access.

I often see those signs on the road. But are they legal? It seems as if most are stores going out of business.

I can see it now.

"Large Health Insurance Agency closing doors. 75% off all health insurance policies."

Another idea. I heard through the grapevine that Oleg (AskOleg.com) has a hummer he drives around southern California that is wrapped. Everywhere he goes or parks there is a free add for his business and health insurance. I have heard it gets good results. Supposedly not just a sign in the window, but completely wrapped.

For the Medicare side, I volunteer at my local Senior Center once a week. They put me in the gift shop at first. Now I am working at the front desk. Been there 2 months and I have a lot of people asking me questions. Great way to gear up for the AEP. At first they would not let me do Seminars there. Now I have full access.

This is the easy, smart way to do it. This business is, and always has been, about seeing/dealing with people on a favorable basis.
:yes:

Another idea. I heard through the grapevine that Oleg (AskOleg.com) has a hummer he drives around southern California that is wrapped. Everywhere he goes or parks there is a free add for his business and health insurance. I have heard it gets good results. Supposedly not just a sign in the window, but completely wrapped.

Wonderful form of advertising if:

You can afford a Hummer.

You can afford the gas.

You can afford the wrap.

All of those together would be a LARGE investment. I bet a wrap for a Hummer is at least $5,000.

Wonderful form of advertising if:

You can afford a Hummer.

You can afford the gas.

You can afford the wrap.

All of those together would be a LARGE investment. I bet a wrap for a Hummer is at least $5,000.

You can get them done for under $3k.

My kid's karate school has vans with their logo and information conveniently parked in a few major shopping area parking lots all day.

Lot's of folks buy a van that couldn't drive more than 5 miles, splash a paint job or wrap on it and use it as a billboard. Just has to be able to run enough to not be considered a "sign" . . .

Smart . . .

Tom

LoriRutl, You mentioned a sign on the rear window. I spent 90.00 on door magnets. Here's the number of hits for the last 10 months:
9/08 - 55
10/08 - 227
11/08 - 16
12/08 - 1
1/09 - 16
2/09 - 35
3/09 - 127
4/09 - 8
5/09 - 5
6/09 - 49

Average last 10 months - 53.9

Back