How Long Do You Wait After Calling a Lead Back?

jaugusta

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I have a stack of leads that I was not able to make an appointment off of the first time I called them. Of course I am still going to call them, but I was wondering how long you guys normally wait before calling them back and trying to set an appointment up again. Thanks.

It depends on what the conversation was the first time. If I get a "not interested" I send them mail. If it was an "I'm busy, call me later" I give it about a week, etc...

Most in my stack are "no I don't want to talk to you" or people who had hung up on me.

I have a stack of leads that I was not able to make an appointment off of the first time I called them. Of course I am still going to call them, but I was wondering how long you guys normally wait before calling them back and trying to set an appointment up again.

Why would you call them back? Hoping to "catch lightning in a bottle"? Praying that they "changed their mind"?

Better idea:

Set up some sort of drip marketing campaign to give them some usable info every month. If it's just something designed to "sell 'em something" or force an appointment, it's worthless.

When they're ripe, let them contact you. Since you're not begging, you have a lot more leverage.

Well, since most of them are older leads, I am using the assumption that they were not willing to talk because they were being bombarded with agents calling them. So now I am wanting to touch back again with them to see if they are more willing to have a conversation. If they are not, then I add them to my list of people for my direct mailings.

An automated email system (somewhat what Moonlight suggested) might work if it is informative, as opposed to salesy.

Spellcheck was used in this post.
WebNanny was not used in this post.
A new word was created in this post. "salesy" is defined as anything that gives the impression that it is "sales-oriented." This new word will soon become quite popular, and common...a la the word "Festivus."

How could I email them though if I do not have their email? These are leads that the people mailed back. If that is an internet lead you are refiring to, I have never even seen once before.
I just hate the feeling of having these leads that are not being used. Recycled leads have been great to me, these are pretty much the same but they are still on my desk.

Leave it to Chumps to invent a new word. He is the Noah Webster of the 21st century! Keep up the good work, Ed.

Now I understand why you are the leader of an organization with 75,000 members!

What do you mean, actually find out? How can I not do that without calling?
Ok, I treat them like a recycled lead, I call them using the DNC service we have, I tell them I had got a card from them a while back and was wanting to make sure that somebody in our office was able to get in touch and answer any questions they had and take it from there. Thats using an assumption to actually find out is it not?
Maybe I had too much coffee today, but I do not understand what you were going at with that post, sorry.

Back