Internet Lead Statistics

10% close ratio on shared internet leads?

Someone is fudging the numbers or outright lying to you.

You are right, some people will close closer to 20% or more working shared leads! (I work with a few of them).

and to the original poster....keep on top the leads and your sales will come way up. I've closed leads 3,4,5+ months after I originally received the lead. You've really gotta be going after it for 5-6+ weeks to get a good sample. Make sure you aren't working too many leads while you get your systems in place & good luck to you.

Following this post you will see a number of people tell you I'm full of it and 20% shared leads are impossible. It's only impossible if you believe them.

Ryan do you mean closing 20% of purchased shared internet leads?

To make this clear, you are saying you can close 20 out of 100 leads purchased?

1:5 leads you purchase is a sale?

Hockeyday, you can get aged health insurance leads even cheaper than what this call center you mentioned is paying. Go to www.StellarProspects.com and click on the "Leads" tab for pricing info on the aged insurance leads for health, life, med supps, auto, homeowners and statewide biz owners list as well.

Are these leads state specific? I can't see on their site where you can request just a specific state.

Ryan do you mean closing 20% of purchased shared internet leads?

To make this clear, you are saying you can close 20 out of 100 leads purchased?

1:5 leads you purchase is a sale?

Filtering out the Leads I get credit on yes. Did I do that in my first few months...absolutely not! Yes 1 out of 5 (excluding credited leads) I've tracked this over the months when I wasn't working with my team etc. my agents right now are closing about 1 in 10 of the leads I'm putting in front of them, give or take, haven't crunched the numbers for this month yet.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I own the lead company, so I can tell you that we have leads available for all states so you can specify which state you want leads for, but some states have more lead flow than others due to population, etc. so some have more leads than others.

Tampa bay rep: Whats the story on your company, I'm being lazy and not doing a search on the forum. Never heard the name before. Where do these leads come from? Any agents that can back up your leads are legit? I ask as a matter of interest not to bash on your company. Thx

Last edited:
Filtering out the Leads I get credit on yes. Did I do that in my first few months...absolutely not! Yes 1 out of 5 (excluding credited leads) I've tracked this over the months when I wasn't working with my team etc. my agents right now are closing about 1 in 10 of the leads I'm putting in front of them, give or take, haven't crunched the numbers for this month yet.

So if you buy 100 leads, credit 20%, that's 80 net leads.

1:5 would be 16 sales out of 80 leads.

I'm sure I am missing something here.

If I take out credits, I am only able to contact 20% of my leads on avg, so 20% x 80 leads is 16 leads contacted.

If I am not missing something, please explain how you are able to close 20% of your leads purchased, and I am only able to contact 20% of my leads purchased, then maybe close 1:3 to 1:5 of those, for about 4-6 sales out of those 80 net leads?

I own the lead company, so I can tell you that we have leads available for all states so you can specify which state you want leads for, but some states have more lead flow than others due to population, etc. so some have more leads than others.

Tampa bay rep: Whats the story on your company, I'm being lazy and not doing a search on the forum. Never heard the name before. Where do these leads come from? Any agents that can back up your leads are legit? I ask as a matter of interest not to bash on your company. Thx
So if you buy 100 leads, credit 20%, that's 80 net leads.

1:5 would be 16 sales out of 80 leads.

I'm sure I am missing something here.

If I take out credits, I am only able to contact 20% of my leads on avg, so 20% x 80 leads is 16 leads contacted.

If I am not missing something, please explain how you are able to close 20% of your leads purchased, and I am only able to contact 20% of my leads purchased, then maybe close 1:3 to 1:5 of those, for about 4-6 sales out of those 80 net leads?

On Day 1 of receiving a lead I average 33% contact rates. Using a combination of tools and a plan that I stick to for every single lead we will contact a much higher rate over the next amount of weeks.

When I say Contact I also don't mean the "I already found insurance" click...those may as well never picked up in my book.

Last edited:
Do you mind sharing what your contact schedule is?

On Day 1 of receiving a lead I average 33% contact rates. Using a combination of tools and a plan that I stick to for every single lead we will contact a much higher rate over the next amount of weeks.

When I say Contact I also don't mean the "I already found insurance" click...those may as well never picked up in my book.

Well then, what exactly do you consider a contact?

I consider anyone a contact as long as I have some kind of communcation with them.

Back