Internet Leads Suck!

joshril

Guru
1000 Post Club
Ok... I get this Netquotes lead in my inbox first thing this morning. Nicely filled out... all completed information.. I call right away. This lead has to be no more than 10 minutes old. I ask for the lady, and she tells me that she submitted the quote, and then proceeds to tell me to **ck myself and never call back because she hates insurance?? You might be thinking I said something about insurance that ticked her off. I merely introduced myself and asked for her and she went off... If I want to get cussed out, I'm not gonna pay $11.00 per lead to do it. I'm liking goleads alot better! I will probably stick with Netquotes for awhile though... I'm closing about 1 in 10.. so it's worth the money.. I thought this was comical though.

You called 10 minutes later? You were probably her 3rd or 4th call. Remember that call centers will call the client 30 seconds to 2 minutes after the lead is submitted.

And while I'll never buy another lead again I have friends who are quite successful with them. It's all about volume.

You called too soon. By then they are already pissed from being hammered by agents.

I no longer use NQ because the quality was declining as the prices rose.

What works best for me is to give them a 2 - 5 day cooling off period. In the interim hit them with 2 - 3 emails of introduction and general advice. By the time I call they consider it a breath of fresh air.

My closing line when I dealt with internet leads was "sir, do nothing. Don't sign up with any plan or choose any agent until you do some research."

I'd aske "do you need coverage to start tomorrow?" When they said no I'd say "then there's no rush - so don't feel rushed."

All the "one shot one kill" vultures stop calling, then it's just me left after the dust settled saying "ok, now let's go over your options."

You can quickly kill your competition by saying "never give out your billing information before you've had a chance to research and review the plans for a few days."

Ok... I get this Netquotes lead in my inbox first thing this morning. Nicely filled out... all completed information.. I call right away. This lead has to be no more than 10 minutes old. I ask for the lady, and she tells me that she submitted the quote, and then proceeds to tell me to **ck myself and never call back because she hates insurance?? You might be thinking I said something about insurance that ticked her off. I merely introduced myself and asked for her and she went off... If I want to get cussed out, I'm not gonna pay $11.00 per lead to do it. I'm liking goleads alot better! I will probably stick with Netquotes for awhile though... I'm closing about 1 in 10.. so it's worth the money.. I thought this was comical though.
\

TRY THESE GUYS.....
http://www.insurance-forums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=552

the first thing I do when I get a lead on the phone is to ask them..... what about their current health plan that scarred them so bad that they went on line and entered all their private info on line and that it was sold to about 5 agents....have you been getting some calls and emails........then I tell them I am in the same boat as them and have to go to the same group of insurance co's to pick my own family's plans then tell them what I do for my clients....most times I will spend 45min's on the phone just talking how insurance works and how to step out of the box and look at it cost effectively....and that I am here to apply to be their broker for now and 10 years from now because thats how I get paid.....

\

....and that I am here to apply to be their broker for now and 10 years from now because thats how I get paid.....

This is a great way to position it! You are applying to them (putting them in control), and provide the sense that you don't care so much about today, as you do the longterm relationship.

If they feel you are sincere in this, you just closed the deal, the rest is just deciding if they want the red one or the blue one type of stuff (i.e., picking the plan, but the shopping is done).

I think this is where I lose my edge with internet leads sometimes, I get in a hurry, and I don't have this conversation with them, it becomes more transactional than advisory, and then no deal. Of course, with internet leads, even talking to the person is a 50/50 chance, but if you get that opportunity, you don't want to blow it!!!!

Dan

Back