Lead Generating Web Page

ameneses54

Guru
100+ Post Club
Considering all the "famous" "garbage" lead companies generate their leads through web pages, I was wondering if anybody out there has experience with their own web page, be it contracted or self generated.
I have a web page which is basically useless.
My premise is that if they do it , why can't I?

Thanks

Solid prospects are looking for something more than just a quote, they are seeking information. Any *** can design a web page that generates quotes and hope you get enough traffic to convert into profits. eHealth proves that on a daily basis.

Tire kickers that just want a quote will make up 90% of your traffic. The remaining 10% might be solid prospects but figure half of them are either broke or uninsurable.

Driving traffic and converting it to dollars takes time and expertise. If you have a lot of money you don't need to worry about the patience part of it.

Solid prospects are looking for something more than just a quote, they are seeking information. Any *** can design a web page that generates quotes and hope you get enough traffic to convert into profits. eHealth proves that on a daily basis.

Tire kickers that just want a quote will make up 90% of your traffic. The remaining 10% might be solid prospects but figure half of them are either broke or uninsurable.

Driving traffic and converting it to dollars takes time and expertise. If you have a lot of money you don't need to worry about the patience part of it.

Everything you say makes sense and I'm quite aware of it, but bottom of the line even if you want to get through as a thorough health insurance advisor, you need prospects ( leads) even though 90% are "tire kickers".
Considering this and the fact that most agents buy leads from companies that make money out of these futile sources, it's almost reasonable to try to do the same through a lead generating web page.
And by the way, if I could anything near what eSurance or eHealth does I'd be driving a golden Cadillac.

Arturo

Last edited:
Considering all the "famous" "garbage" lead companies generate their leads through web pages, I was wondering if anybody out there has experience with their own web page, be it contracted or self generated.
I have a web page which is basically useless.
My premise is that if they do it , why can't I?

Thanks

I do this every day. The problem is that with most web sites that everybody goes after the wrong keywords. If you try and compete with the big companies that are going after the keywords "health insurance" then you can't win. For example if you look for keywords that have 1,000 or more searches a month and very low competition then you will do great. The 3 biggest problems I see agents make when they create a website is:

1. Wrong keywords. You need to get more detailed keywords. Use keywords like you would search for something. Example... I am looking to buy a boat. I don't just type in boat in google. I type in type of boat and located in my local city. Keyword "bass boat in panama city fl"

2. They build the website for the insurance agent and not for the customer. They start off saying I, I, I, I, I, I, have this and that and I am the greatest best insurance agent and I have the best plans. The customer doesn't want that. They want to solve a problem and you have to have a solution to that problem. All my websites start off with great headlines. I ask you a question and draw you in. Example.... "Tired of paying too much for health insurance and not sure which plan is right for you? Then we can help.

3. They try to put everything on one website. A lead capture website is just that to capture leads. It is not to sell you anything or to get you to buy anything. It is to get your information so that you can be led along a process to show you how to get the help to solve that problem. You don't need a great quote engine on that site.

A great lead capture site should consist of 3 pages. The main page which draws you in and is asking the same questions that the individual wants answers to know. It should have a picture of a family or individual on it. Preferably a picture of you on the site somewhere. A quote form so that they can enter their information in. A thank you page when they do enter their information in. Thank You Mr Jones We will have a licensed agent contact you within 24 hours. Your autoresponder should send out an email as soon as it gets the lead. Your autoresponder should contact the lead every day over the next 7 to 10 days with a free tip on how to get the great insurance plan that they are looking for. Then you can do it twice a week.

You can do every bit of that for free. You go to weebly to create your free website. You go to Wufoo to create your free form. Then go to MailChimp and get your free autoresponder that integrates with wufoo.com.

Mike

I agree with almost everything you said except this:

contact the lead every day over the next 7 to 10 days

Average 5 to 7 contacts just to get the customer to buy. In this contact phase you are building value not trying to get them to buy. You give them great information and they will be looking for the next email from you. In other words you are giving them the answers to the questions that they are asking. Every email that I send out is built on building a relationship with the person and not just trying to sell them. I am getting a 87% opening rate on these emails. I contact them via phone and my emails are getting sent out at the same time.
For example..... Subject - Mrs Jones, Why Is Health Insurance Needed?

Then I go into why they would need health insurance and the benefits of having it versus not having it. At the end it states - Stay tuned for your next health insurance tip coming tomorrow.

Mike

"You give them great information and they will be looking for the next email from you"

Respectfully...I'll take my 29 years of experience in the business of contacting, researching, emailing, calling, fine-tuning etc... and simply tell you I disagree.

Back