Leads Input from FE and MedSupp Agents

There is definitely a market for those who would like to pay more for leads and have a higher closing percentage, I completely agree with you.

However, I lean towards choosing ROI ... If you are a "one man" operation, you may want the higher cost leads or a mix of both lead types.

I know you have a life background, Everything is in the 1st year commission.

I have a Medicare background my 1st 2 years I was concerned about 1st year ROI and I closed 5 to 10 deals a month. I made good ROI but didn't get me where I want to go

Last couple of years I bumped that up more then 2x.Next year I will have the budget for more. I am intrested in doing 400 or better without killing myself trying to convince people who dont want to talk to me

I could care less if I make 0 Roi on first year and get 30 or better deals a month.in 2 or 3 years who cares when the residues are coming in each month

I liked Lee's leads which were high quality. Price was high at $31 I think. But quality was usually good.

Agents pay $25 to $30 each for mail leads all day long. If you generate internet leads of that quality they will buy those too.

I know you have a life background, Everything is in the 1st year commission. I have a Medicare background my 1st 2 years I was concerned about 1st year ROI and I closed 5 to 10 deals a month. I made good ROI but didn't get me where I want to go Last couple of years I bumped that up more then 2x.Next year I will have the budget for more. I am intrested in doing 400 or better without killing myself trying to convince people who dont want to talk to me I could care less if I make 0 Roi on first year and get 30 or better deals a month.in 2 or 3 years who cares when the residues are coming in each month

But what if you could have your cake and eat it too?

I work with an agent who has a customer acquisition cost that's in the $150 range and still writes 20+ apps every month.

I completely understand that it might take more time to do that compared to other lead sources but ultimately I think you can get the best of both worlds.

But what if you could have your cake and eat it too?

I work with an agent who has a customer acquisition cost that's in the $150 range and still writes 20+ apps every month.

I completely understand that it might take more time to do that compared to other lead sources but ultimately I think you can get the best of both worlds.

Doing the math here for the agent who has $150 per customer acquisition cost. That's 36k per year for new customers. At $20 commission per customer this comes out to $4800 per year. How does this work? Not trying to be smart, just hoping to learn something.

doing the math here for the agent who has $150 per customer acquisition cost. That's 36k per year for new customers. At $20 commission per customer this comes out to $4800 per year. How does this work? Not trying to be smart, just hoping to learn something.

$20 x 12.............

Doing the math here for the agent who has $150 per customer acquisition cost. That's 36k per year for new customers. At $20 commission per customer this comes out to $4800 per year. How does this work? Not trying to be smart, just hoping to learn something.

Gross $300 per sale, spend $150. Net $150 per client.

There is a significant difference between the med supp model and final expense as the renewals are are a much smaller factor. In FE, You have to squeeze a lot more income out of the first year, which puts either more weight on quality or forces a larger market area, which is what Lee ran into. For face to face FE, it ends up being a small amount of a high quality lead that is a piece of your lead marketing plan or a larger market like Thadd operations, phone sales, that depend of sorting and automated follow up, with many more lower cost leads. Call centers are popping up all over the place pushing the cost of leads from places like Datalot to the point of needing a high volume of high commission product sales to cover the high costs. A third option is more of a hybrid operation several forum guys use, is to have more of a mobile market area for face to face FE sales where you move around and cherry pick the low hanging fruit. To me this would be more effective by combining a follow up system on the unsold leads and using some of the phone sales products to cover them as they come up, improving the bottom line. It would have to be very automated and fairly hands off to work because face to face is time consuming and a very different skill set from phone sales. I also think the changing lead environment is a part of the reason why we are also seeing more people go into recruiting and lead sales. What do you Guru's think?

Where should I go for good quality med supp leads? I would like leads in surrounding counties where we office in Texas, if possible. Thanks in advance.

Back