Life Insurance Lead Websites. Looking for examples and your input

Phil C.

I am looking for websites that sell leads, im not actually looking at buying from any of these places but seeing how they do it. A friend of mine is helping me develope a internet marketing program with Search Engine Optimization, Pay per click, and email marketing. He has successfully used this with other clients in other businesses. I currently am an agent and licensed in 25 states for life insurance, based on some of our test programs I am going to get WAY more leads than I will be able to handle on my own as well as states im not licensed in.

So I am looking to see what you guys like and dislike about lead companies. One of the common complaints I see is leads being sold over and over again, at least at first we are only going to sell exclusive leads since this won't be my primary source of income but rather leads I wouldn't be able to get to myself. Most likely we are going to setup our system where you setup up an account and as leads are generated we email you instantly with their contact info and what quotes they were looking at.

We will most likely have A(Hot) leads which cost more, and B(Colder) leads. Im thinking a timetable for hot leads would be 72 business hours from submission and cold leads be after 72 hours and up to 10 business days after submission. We may also have C leads that are after the 10 days but under 30 days old after that we will just toss them.

Being an agent myself there is nothing more I hate then old crappy leads so I won't sell anything I wouldnt feel comfortable calling on.

So my questions to my fellow agents:

What lead websites out there have you used? What did you like and dislike about them?

The leads that you did purchase were these people who had requested an application or were they looking for quotes and the website captured their contact info?

How much were you paying for exclusive leads?

Anything else you guys would like to see from a lead company?

Last edited:
Re: Life Insurance Lead Websites looking for examples and your input

Maybe you guys could extrapolate your responses because I'm not sure what you are trying to tell me.

Phil...maybe the best thing would be to search "leads" in this Forum. There are plenty of threads that allow you to see what agents think about them.

i'll give you some of the feedback you're looking for, but sorry to say i agree with the almost every other agent who has ever written anything about purchased leads. the leads are bad quality because just because they're exclusive to your site doesn't mean that they haven't signed up on another site. many leads are bad quality because they are not actually ready to purchase. they put in the enquiry and don't have any of the info that they need and had no idea how much they would realistically have to spend. i could go on and on about why they are terrible. really, though, i'd research other threads on this site for the info you're looking for. good luck to you though. maybe you will revolutionize the system!

Anything else you guys would like to see from a lead company?

Yeh, when I call a lead I don't like having them tell me that they never had any interest in insurance because they already have plenty but had to fill out an insurance questionnaire in order to be eligible for a Publishers Clearinghouse prize.

Maybe that is just me.

:cool:

Winter

72 hours is a bit long for "hot leads."

Hot leads should be less than a day old.

72 hours is a bit long for "hot leads."

Hot leads should be less than a day old.

I agree 72 hours old is old in this day and age.

I do some Internet lead generation and it is harder to program a delay into the system than it is to send a lead in real time.

If you are considering processing the leads manually, don't. It doesn't make sense for you and your customers won't like it either. You should be able to do most of the filtering in real time. The final filter will be the agent and he or she will expect that some leads will be bogus and will just ask for a credit for that lead.

Back