Med Supp and Med Adv Market

general88

Expert
I am an agent in Ohio that primarily does Med Supp and Med Adv business. I have built up a nice business but now with Laws in the state that you cannot contact by phone new clients it is increasingly getting more difficult to get in front of new clients outside of referrals. Has anyone had any luck working this state and willing to give me some info on what is working. It would be appreciated greatly. I have been a licensed agent since 1995 so not exactly new to the business but really struggling getting new clients.

I am an agent in Ohio that primarily does Med Supp and Med Adv business. I have built up a nice business but now with Laws in the state that you cannot contact by phone new clients it is increasingly getting more difficult to get in front of new clients outside of referrals. Has anyone had any luck working this state and willing to give me some info on what is working. It would be appreciated greatly. I have been a licensed agent since 1995 so not exactly new to the business but really struggling getting new clients.

If you enjoy cold calling... then just call other states.

For building a local client base, direct mail still works (at least in Columbus).

You can also cold call for just about any other senior product here. Just not Supps. You can cross-sell supps...

All kinds of ways to get business. The law has been on the books here in OH for years. I think 3 people complained and Mary Taylor decided to "protect the seniors."

Thanks Scott. I actually have that down on my outline for business plan along with several other marketing ideas such as getting licensed in other states and selling final expense. Thanks for reaffirming what I had written down.

Thanks Scott. I actually have that down on my outline for business plan along with several other marketing ideas such as getting licensed in other states and selling final expense. Thanks for reaffirming what I had written down.

I would choose a few other states as mentioned by the other poster. If you have 2 - 4 states you are licensed in you can usually stay busy year around quite easily.

If you are wanting to stay in Ohio, I know an agent that does well there seeking out referrals.

There are many other insurance and financial professionals who work with folks in the Medicare market but do not handle any Medicare related products, you could seek out referrals.

Are the majority of your clients PERSONAL? COMMERCIAL? MIX?

Back