Medicare Supplement Leads Review

crons79

Guru
100+ Post Club
Do you love or hate the following lead vendors for medicare supplements?

1. Insureme
2. Netquote
3. InsuranceLeads
4. Allwebleads
5. Hometownquotes
6. Other (please list)

I know a lot has been written about internet lead vendors, however some of the posts are from a year or two on the subject. So, I wanted to repost and get everyone's response. Thanks!

I used precise leads and out of 15 leads only 1 of them could be contacted and had Medicare Parts A&B. Problem with that lead was that she apologized for even filling it out and didn't want to talk to anyone, she just thought she'd get a quote online like GEICO gives out.

Have used allweb, netquote, precise, insuranceleads, and hometown. Precise is the only one I've had any success with in the past but recently even they haven't been good. Out of the last 10 leads, I've asked for credit on 7 & only got credit on 5. InsuranceLeads says you have to have a bad phn # AND e-mail address to get a credit. So if their phone # is disconnected but the e-mail is still good, tough luck. NetQuote and allweb just sucked all around. They're all pretty much the same - havn't found one that's outstanding. Let me know if you do....

Gd

I talked to a rep with precise yesterday, they're selling real time medicare leads at 15$ each, are you guys in that price bracket?

If you're only showing a 30% contact ratio that must be brutal.

I have not found one quality lead vendor, my suggestion would be to get your own website and try to develop your own source of leads from there.

IMHO, this is going to be an interesting road for vendors and seniors.

I'm hearing more and more vendors are starting to focus on senior leads as they lose business on the health end. After October when advances go down to 3 months, then eventually 0 by December, health lead vendors will be scrambling.

We can take a look at CMS regarding MA plans and all the legal action regarding annuities and conclude that seniors are not the group to mess with. They have a lot of time on their hands and tend to complain...like by contacting their Congressman.

If the vendors heavily rely on affiliates to generate 65+ leads and seniors start having the same user experience as people who submit for individual health leads you'll see the gov't step in.

I think the lead vendors need to sit back and think about how long a model would last where seniors submitting for a quote were called incessantly by 5, 8, 10 agents. My opinion? Not long. A model where aggregators sell "data" as leads and seniors are getting pummeled with calls and aren't even looking for senior products? "Less long."

Last edited:
I am not an agent But I have a managed a marketing floor for the past 20 years. All we have ever done is lead generation for Major Med, Medicare Supps and Life leads. We have seen some of our old clients go to the internet leads but return within 6 weeks wanting the old fashion lead generation. With our company our TSRS are all scripted and we record all calls (from start to finish). Not to mention that we also so on-line verification. Agents have been very successful. Unlike most companies, if ever an agent has a "bad" lead our quality assurance dept will pull the recorded files, send to the agent and both the agent and QA rep will decide on the replacement. Not an agent but I can tell you that OUR agents prefer the OLD FASHION way. Good luck to yall...

I have several questions. Can you explain the on-line verification? Are you verifying it on-line with the prospect?

How does your company define a "bad" lead? How much are your leads and how many agents do you send that same lead to?

Are these leads to do a "Medicare Review" or is the prospect genuinely interested in taking a policy? Do you attempt to get any health information?

Be CAREFUL with Precise Leads!!!!
Their leads are NOT CMS compliant, will get you in trouble and they will NOT refund you your money. I was contacted by Precise Leads and their pitch was very good. I asked if they called and confirmed with the clients that we could contact them and they promised that the only leads that were supplied to us were leads where they had actually signatures and/or voice recordings by the Medicare Eligibles allowing us to contact them. I decided to try them out and gave them an initial amount of $300.00. When I got the first batch of leads from them, none of the individuals that I contacted stated that they had agreed to be contacted by me or any other agent, a CLEAR violation of CMS guidelines. I stopped calling the leads immediately and addressed my concerns with Precise Leads. I asked for confirmation that they had permission from the Medicare Eligibles and they wouldn't provide it to me, so I told them that I did NOT want to continue and for them to refund me my money. They said that they have a no refund policy and instead, they would continue to provide me leads until my $300.00 ran out. WHY would I want leads that I am afraid to call on? This company is a scam and everyone should run away from them as far as possible. DO NOT GIVE THEM ANY MONEY AND DO NOT USE THEM!!! IT IS YOUR LICENSE ON THE LINE, NOT THEIRS, SINCE THEY DON'T EVEN HAVE A LICENSE. They have not sent me any more leads but they have also not refunded me my money either.

Back