My Internet Leads Experience

Thanks for the in depth insight there. You've made a great point. Someone should nominate you for a communications award!

Nothing 100% works for everyone. If it did, the world would only have one church. If you can't communicate better than to leave such short words what's the point in even being on here at all?

Rich,

what types of insurace do you sell? I can share some ideas with you. I know what your going thru.. I was there.

Joe
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Love to read about everyones experiences with "lead" generation companies. The good, the bad and everything in between. Mostly bad though. Good thing I have the solution coming soon stay tuned........

was with insureme for the first three years of my practice.. was treading water. insureme was re-selling the leads to 3 agents. as time went on the leads became diluted and now 4 agents were involved. the final straw.. one month our production dwindled down to nothing.. so I started to investigate. Guess what good ole Insureme was doing? How about this ... at the end of the quote request form insureme was re-directing the prospect directly to EHEALTH. Now if thats not fraud I dont know what is. insureme is a JOKE. you know what.. right at that moment my life changed for the better because bells and whistles went off and I'm in a very good place right now.

Best of luck to everyone here.

Last edited:
To add my 2 cents, I am a relatively new agent (health and life), and my company set me up with a leads system. here are the rough prices per lead:

internet uninsurable non-exclusive ~ $4
internet uninsurable exclusive ~ $9
internet non-exclusive ~ $10
internet exclusive ~ $20
telemarketing exclusive ~ $18

Like most agents, at first, I bought a bunch of non-exclusive internet leads. Most of the time, they would not pick up, and when they did, they would either already have bought insurance, and wanted nothing else to hear about it, or they would pick up the phone and yell something like, "stop calling me". So then I bought a few exclusive internet leads, I never actually got to them because the # was either disconnected or they wouldn't pick up. After all of that, I gave up on leads in general but then I talked to an agent at the office who used telemarketing leads with great success. So naturally, I decided to try them, and so far, (2 weeks), I have set appointments with half of them. Even though I did have one guy who insisted on not being interested and got in a shouting match with me. I still got a good ROI (so far), because half of the people who request information from a telemarketer are either genuinely interested, and the other half lacks the guts to just hang up and therefore pretend to be interested. Plus, can be 99% sure that the information (at least the phone #) is correct, and that the lead will pick up.

As far as internet leads go, they are a waste (in my short experience). One just has to look at how lead companies obtain those leads. Before I got into insurance I did web deign and internet marketing (affiliate programs). most (if not all) lead companies offer affiliate programs where they pay webmasters for each lead generated through their ad. Often webmasters use shady tactics to get people to fill out those lead forms, so that they can get paid. I am sure everybody here has had enough of those "CLAIM YOUR FREE IPAD" spams to last them a lifetime. If you click on one of those ads, you will be made to fill out 20 or so offers in order to claim that iPad (so that the webmaster can collect enough commission to cover the cost of the iPad and then some). One of those offers, usually involves requesting info about insurance. But the guy is there to get an iPad which he thinks is free, he could care less about insurance, so he puts bogus info there. After which, the lead generation company turns it into an exclusive lead, which some poor agent buys for $20. Because of all of this, I would rather canvas neighborhoods than buy an internet lead again.

Great post. Thanks for sharing your experience.

I am in Alpharetta, too.

Like you, I bought Internet leads in the past. I bought LTC and life leads. Leads were awesome about 8 years ago. I noticed the leads became awful about 4 years ago. I closed all of my accounts. Now, everything I generate is exclusive through my website.

I had signed up for Insurance quotes.... Then, realizing it was worthless, paused the account until I got a chance to cancel. They automatically unpaused it and charged me 3300 dollars worth of leads before I saw it on my credit card.

Nothing like organic leads! Leads that respond to your website. Sharing leads is not fun, all it does is irritate the prospect because all they wanted was 1 phone call not 15.

Stay away from "Sales Associate" formerly operated as New Leads in McKinney, Texas. Total scam, fake, leads provided never made appointments.
Jennifer Bandera, Robert Bradley, Tony Richardson, all bogus.
Only one phone extension.
I encourage people to call they to fill voicemail.
888-429-9299
Fax: 888-600-8612.
Look up on ripoff report.
4100 Eldorado Pkwy
McKinney, Texas. 75070

FAKE FAKE.

Stay away from "Sales Associate" formerly operated as New Leads in McKinney, Texas. Total scam, fake, leads provided never made appointments.
Jennifer Bandera, Robert Bradley, Tony Richardson, all bogus.
Only one phone extension.
I encourage people to call they to fill voicemail.
888-429-9299
Fax: 888-600-8612.
Look up on ripoff report.
4100 Eldorado Pkwy
McKinney, Texas. 75070

FAKE FAKE.

Tony richardson was a football player and Robert Bradley's Blackwater Surprise is an Music band

There was another teli organization had a rep named Bella thorne like the actress

There is an art to working shared internet leads. Most agents fail at internet leads simply because they do not call the lead enough times. The name of the game is simple: it is all about getting that person on the phone. You may have to call them several times a day to get a voice. We get paid only when someone is sitting in front of us or when they are on the phone....no other time.

All the companies you mentioned all buy their leads from the same affiliates. Often times it is erroneous data that is resold and resold and resold.

Stay away from Precise Leads, Prosepct Match and Insureme. I wouldn't work their leads if they were free.

To say stay away from these companies is probably why you did not succeed with leads because you think they're automatically a sale and do not understand that they're internet leads. Your best bet is to find a phone book and cold call or come up with a better way to sell insurance or get out of the business.

It's really all about the process in working the leads. I just closed a company because the internet leads didn't have a sale process. You have to have a well oiled sale machine to do internet leads and work them to death.

Lemme just drop this here, seems appropriate as this could apply to numerous internet insurance leads:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back