My Internet Leads Experience

I do build web pages for SEO & AdWords campaigns. Dedicated AdWords pages are typically called landing pages because they are finely targeted for a specific topic, it helps boost quality score and conversion.

I'm a dedicated split a/b tester to statistical significance, so after spending millions through AdWords these pages are pretty engaging off the shelf.

I also rebuilt the Shari's Berries website in 2009, amazing how much hasn't changed on it since then.

Here's my copy for their top best selling product:
Surprise someone special with these incredible, mouthwatering creations! Each succulent strawberry is dipped and covered with nuts, chocolate chips or additional drizzle. The end result is a heavenly combination of flavors.

That was for the Full Dozen Gourmet Dipped Strawberries. Herschell Gorden Lewis tweeked the title. Some of you may know Herschell because he was inducted into the direct marketing association hall of fame, others because he invented the gore film genera (either way, what a character).

Sorry to get off topic.

Cheers,

Dustin

I do build web pages for SEO & AdWords campaigns. Dedicated AdWords pages are typically called landing pages because they are finely targeted for a specific topic, it helps boost quality score and conversion.

Should the person you build the web pages for be told what program you will use to build the page with ?

What program did you use to build "search light leads" ?

If you are going to buy a page that I build for you, then sure, I'll let you know. If I am going to lend you one of my pages for an AdWords campaign, then no, I'm not going to share all the underlying technologies that I use.

Soup to nuts I figure I'm 5 years ahead of the rest of the competition (you get here by measuring the customer, not the competition). While I like to share marketing advice, there are some things I won't just give away.

Sorry if you feel this is not fair.

If you are going to buy a page that I build for you, then sure, I'll let you know. If I am going to lend you one of my pages for an AdWords campaign, then no, I'm not going to share all the underlying technologies that I use.

Weren't you talking about transparency about internet lead providers ?

How is this different ?

You are charging a fee to manage a campaign and having a person use your landing pages, or not ?

Soup to nuts I figure I'm 5 years ahead of the rest of the competition (you get here by measuring the customer, not the competition). While I like to share marketing advice, there are some things I won't just give away.

I just don't see how you talk about the other lead generators not sharing how leads are generated and therefore not transparent. You won't share how you do things but you are transparent ?

You were posting so often, then I ask you a question about transparency, then poof you disappear ?

Should the person you build the web pages for be told what program you will use to build the page with ?

What program did you use to build "search light leads" ?

Why does the program he used matter? If you get to see the page and he is using AdWords to generate leads, why does it matter if he used wordpress? Am I missing something?

----------

You were posting so often, then I ask you a question about transparency, then poof you disappear ?

If he doesn't show you anything, you have a point. How he builds and designs his stuff shouldn't matter. If he is using sweepstakes or dental programs to generate Medicare leads. Thats what matters

Why does the program he used matter? If you get to see the page and he is using AdWords to generate leads, why does it matter if he used wordpress? Am I missing something?

I guess I am curious. It was stated that the underlying technologies is giving away marketing expertise. I probably couldn't use it anyway. People generally recommend wordpress or whatever so I thought I should be aware.

If he doesn't show you anything, you have a point. How he builds and designs his stuff shouldn't matter. If he is using sweepstakes or dental programs to generate Medicare leads. Thats what matters

Knowing how he builds stuff and his ability to make changes seems important.

He is charging a percentage of the adwords campaign. The ability to make changes to the landing page may be relevant to the campaign, or not ?

Last edited:

----------

That was my thought I would be concerned only if incentive driven or real intent

but If I am getting good leads I don't need to know about AdWords or WordPress or whatever

Back