My Internet Leads Experience

This forum is one of the first places I came to find information on internet leads. After spending the last couple of months experimenting with different companies, I decided to write a review of the ones I used. Insure Me, all web leads, ileads, and hometown quotes for Life Insurance.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Insure Me

This is the first one I worked with. The company sounded great on the surface so I took advantage of their 10 free lead deal and coughed up the $100. Unfortunately, most of the leads they generated were fake.

I noticed on the third lead that it was a yahoo address. Just like the first two. Then came a forth and fifth, with yahoo. It was odd that they had @yahoo email addresses and the phone number would ring continuously with no answer. An interesting coincidence?

I send an email to the company requesting credit for the leads, explained the ringing phones and the suspicious email addresses. The leads were credited and I didn't receive another yahoo email address again.

Unfortunately, the leads continued to come in with addresses that were plain invented or fake. I even drove out to a few just in case, the people didn't exist or if they did had not requested a quote. One women swore she didn't have the internet or know anything about that "iPod stuff".

When I requested a refund, the company didn't even apologize or even offer me leads to stay with them. I was prepared to stand my ground when they tried to keep me as a customer, but they didn't bother because they know how much they suck.

All Web Leads

The company offered me a matching offer, for every dollar I started my account with they would match me. The sales woman seemed nice and the company came across as a bit more reputable than Insure Me. She (Sarah, I think) said that they were generating a good number of leads in my area and their lead exchange policy seemed standard, if they would honor it.

The first two leads were bad, but the third lead to a sale. I had another two good leads come in, no sale, but good leads. By "good lead" I mean the person named answered the phone and had actually requested a quote.

Of 19 leads, 3 were good, 6 were credited and 8 they refused to credit despite them being wrong numbers or the person denied requesting a quote. Essentially, ALL WEB LEADS STOLE MY MONEY!!!

I believe they intentionally provide bad leads and expect to get away with charging you for them. These people are exactly the kind of company that gives all the others a bad name. Even though things didn't go perfect with Insure Me, they didn't steal my money.

I'll be going to the bank on Monday to contest the charges to my credit card and I will be contacting my attorney.

iLeads

Friendly company, I didn't see anyone talk about them on the forums when I was looking (maybe I overlooked it?). The rep gave me a discount on the leads and didn't charge me for filters. He said up front their people were looking for more than 100k in coverage and are looking for whole life. Not a bad deal. I have only received a few, but with the first three leads two were bad, one led to a sale. There's been zero problems getting credit for bad leads.

I have only been using this company for two weeks, so I will update this in a month or so. Overall, I'm pleased with their service and the cheap leads.

Hometown Quotes

Well, in the middle of my Insure Me situation I get a call from the president of this company. The President! Not the salesman. I explained my minor dilemma with Insure Me and we had a great talk about lead generation. It was educational and I appreciate it. He told me up front in my area that he was only getting a few leads per month. Fine with me.

After putting in $100 with this company, I have yet to be denied a credit for a bad lead. The leads come in slow, just like he said they would. I have received 11 leads, have received credit for 5, have 3 pending, 1 appointment, 2 unreachable not yet submitted for credit. But I know if I do submit the 2, it won't be a problem.

I would send flowers, but the president is a dude and that might be weird.

OVERALL

The companies can't really help it if they get bad leads. I'm sure some are complicit (like Insure Me and All Web Leads) while others might be victim to it just like I am. The difference being in how they handle the situation.

If you are looking to start with internet leads, I recommend hometown for sure. I'd like to recommend iLeads too, but I just haven't been working with them long enough. I will update this with my iLeads experience later.

If you have any Q's let me know.

Rich Holt
Ninety Three Insurance & Annuities
(I would include my url but it won't let me)

Last edited:
1. what kind of leads were u buying?
2. were u using any filters?
3. Did you have any kind of automated email autoresponder set up with these leads?

20 leads is not enough sample size to grade a vendor , min 100 leads.

Last edited:
3. Did you have any kind of automated email autoresponder set up with these leads?

I've graded these vendors pretty well under the circumstances. I'll be sure to update this in a few months, maybe you're right.

I am buying life insurance leads.

I would agree on the 100 leads also. "Law of Large Numbers." Hard to judge good or bad on less than that.

Good stuff & thanks for the compliment. My wife hates flowers also:)

I've graded these vendors pretty well under the circumstances. I'll be sure to update this in a few months, maybe you're right.

I am buying life insurance leads.

I am right, :1arghh: ; not trying to sell some

It's not out of the real of possibility that lead vendors keep their best leads for paying clients outside of any initial free/subsidized lead deals.

Also, you didn't mention if you were buying leads with filters? That is a huge part of the equation.

20 leads really is not enough to figure out if u can make money with a vendor....

20 leads...x let's say 20% contact ratio....4 leads u can get on the phone....1-2 will say they are "all good"....so that leaves u with 1-2 leads? no one has a 50% close ratio....thats why u need more leads..

Last edited by a moderator:
a minimum amount of LIFE insurance leads...not even a months worth of leads from iLeads....should have posted this 6 months from now.

"20 leads is not enough sample size to grade a vendor , min 100 leads''

Not necessarily. I think the poster was talking about dealing with a company not the quality of the leads. Two different animals.

You can tell pretty quickly if a leads vendor is simply going to be a ss to deal with. It's not the quantity of bad leads, it's how they deal with the bad leads. If it's like giving birth to get credit for a clearly fake lead it's not going to be any different at 20 or 2000 leads. If the leads were high quality, you'd put up with more difficulty, but that was back when it was 75/25% good/bad leads. You could tolerate crap service because the quotes were for the most part, good.

Now the numbers have reversed to 25/75 on average and how a company handles credits matters. And honestly you don't need hundreds of leads to figure out customer service. For me, it takes about 3 times where I am calling after a rejected credit getting it reversed simply by making them read the documentation submitted the first time. That really p isses me off as that is lazy service. It's making me work twice on something that should have been an easy credit.

I agree for the most part with this kid. He's commenting on service.

You others are right when dealing with quality, but he's talking about how easy companies are to work with.

All Web is a public company thats buying many of the other lead vendors up. They are big players in the game.

Back