My Thoughts on InsureMe

I am not sure if I can post this but I had a bad experience with InsureMe. I thought you all should know what happened and to be careful! I just had a very bad experience with InsureMe. I put in a claim at the BBB and this was the result:

[FONT="Arial","sans-serif"]Consumer'sOriginal Complaint [/FONT][FONT="Arial","sans-serif"]:[/FONT]

[FONT="Arial","sans-serif"]Around90% of the leads provided are false within the last 5 months. I am wasting timeand money. I want a refund of $805.[/FONT]

[FONT="Arial","sans-serif"]Ipurchased $1000 worth of leads with InsureMe. They matched my initial paymentwith $500. I used InsureMe over the last 4 years, off and on. Unfortunately thecompany is different within the last year. Their lead quality has become verypoor. I did not know this at the time of purchase. I complained about the levelof quality but no one would assist me. I tried changing the zip codes but itdidn't do any good. I recently asked for a manager to call me about a refundand no one called. When I called today (5-29-2012), they told me I cannot get arefund. This company knows they are providing bad leads yet around 90% of theleads are still bad. I want the money I put into it. I wasted $1000 of myinitial payment, the MANY hours spent calling bad leads and I want my moneyback! [/FONT]

[FONT="Arial","sans-serif"][/FONT]

[FONT="Arial","sans-serif"]Consumer'sDesired Resolution:[/FONT]

[FONT="Arial","sans-serif"]Ipaid $1,000, they matched with $500. I had $1,500 in the account. I now have$1,207.50. Doing the math, I used 97.50 from the $500 they gave me. I spent$195 of the $1,000 I paid. I want a $805 refund. 1500-1207.50=292.50/3=97.50.[/FONT]

[FONT="Arial","sans-serif"]BBB Processing [/FONT]

[FONT="Arial","sans-serif"]05/29/2012 web BBB[/FONT][FONT="Arial","sans-serif"] Case Received by BBB[/FONT]

[FONT="Arial","sans-serif"]06/02/2012 suza BBB[/FONT][FONT="Arial","sans-serif"] Case Reviewed by BBB - AccreditedBusiness[/FONT]

[FONT="Arial","sans-serif"]06/02/2012 Otto EMAIL[/FONT][FONT="Arial","sans-serif"] Send Acknowledgement to Consumer[/FONT]

[FONT="Arial","sans-serif"]06/02/2012 Otto EMAIL[/FONT][FONT="Arial","sans-serif"] Notify Business of Dispute - AccreditedBusiness[/FONT]

[FONT="Arial","sans-serif"]06/05/2012 WEB BBB[/FONT][FONT="Arial","sans-serif"] RECEIVE BUSINESS RESPONSE : Mr. ****called InsureMe on 10/11/11 and 10/24/11 to inquire about our service,eventually signing up on 10/25/11. At that time InsureMe had multiplepromotions, but Mr. **** decided to activate his account with thenon-refundable 50% matching funds promotion. This promotion matched 50% of theagent's initial payment, from $100 up to $1000. Mr. **** was well aware thatthe promotion was non-refundable and decided to use the absolute maximummatching fund amount. Mr. **** has used InsureMe's service before and utilizedother promotions that were completely refundable.[/FONT]

[FONT="Arial","sans-serif"] Mr.**** chose the lead types on his account and agreed to the areas to receiveleads from. He called our service team sporadically since the inception of hisaccount to make account changes, verify email addresses and inquire about leadcredits. Our service team was very accommodating to Mr. ****, offering leadcredit for reasons outside of our credit policy on multiple occasions. Duringhis time with InsureMe, Mr. **** has taken advantage of our liberal creditpolicy and has only paid for 26 of the 71 leads he has received. A large numberof those credited leads were courtesy credits from our service team, eitheroutside of policy or without verification.[/FONT]

[FONT="Arial","sans-serif"] InsureMehas and will continue to work with Mr. **** to find products in desired areasto utilize his funds, but we will not refund nonrefundable funds. In summation,Mr. **** signed up for the maximum promotion offered, knowing that it wasnonrefundable. InsureMe is willing to help Mr. **** make the most of his timewith us, but we are unwilling to release him from the agreement he created withus.[/FONT]

[FONT="Arial","sans-serif"]06/06/2012 lori EMAIL[/FONT][FONT="Arial","sans-serif"] Forward Business response to Consumer[/FONT]

[FONT="Arial","sans-serif"]06/07/2012 WEB BBB[/FONT][FONT="Arial","sans-serif"] BBB REVIEWS CONSUMER REBUTTAL TOBUSINESS RESPONSE : (The consumer indicated he/she DID NOT accept the responsefrom the business.)[/FONT]

[FONT="Arial","sans-serif"] Asstated before, I used InsureMe over the last 4 years, off and on. I am well awareof this company and quality of leads they provided me in the past. That is whyI repurchased leads. I took advantage of the promotion because I expecteddecent leads like before. I understood that the money was non-refundable. Ifthe leads were the same, it wouldn't have been an issue. [/FONT]

[FONT="Arial","sans-serif"] Thestatement ''offering lead credits for reasons outside of our credit policy'' isabsurd. I only request credit if the number is bad or they never wanted thequote. On occasion, I would request credit and I was denied!!! Unfortunately, Icannot go back more than 60 days to view my past leads. As of today,06/07/2012, within the last 2 months, I had received 27 leads. 20 leads werecredited and 3 were denied. In my book, that is 23 bad leads out of 27. 85% badleads within the last 2 months. Funny thing is out of the 4 ''good leads'' Ionly got in touch with 3 of them. I do not submit credits if I cannot reachthem.[/FONT]

[FONT="Arial","sans-serif"] Asfar as them saying they will ''work'' with me, what can they do? Send me leadsI can use??? That was why I paid them $1000 in the first place. [/FONT]

[FONT="Arial","sans-serif"] Theyjust recently sent me an email stating they are increasing the cost of theirleads. I do not agree with this. I am NOT going to pay more for leads. Theyclaim to have a new system in place but it seems worse than before. I believethey added this ''new system'' and added VERY BAD lead source companiesthinking the new system will filter out the bad numbers. Unfortunately this isnot the case. It has become a joke at InsureMe. I was taken advantage of when Isigned up. They did not tell me it will take them a year or two (hopefully fortheir sake) to figure out their new system.[/FONT]

[FONT="Arial","sans-serif"] Ipaid $1000 into this very bad lead source company expecting they will live upto their end and send me good leads. I have been very patient but enough isenough. I want my money back! [/FONT]

[FONT="Arial","sans-serif"]06/11/2012 lori EMAIL[/FONT][FONT="Arial","sans-serif"] Forward Consumer Rebuttal to Business[/FONT]

[FONT="Arial","sans-serif"]06/12/2012 WEB BBB[/FONT][FONT="Arial","sans-serif"] RECEIVED BUSINESS' REBUTTAL RESPONSE :Mr. **** claims that he understands that the funds he placed on his account arenon-refundable, but yet continues to argue that they should be refunded.Despite Mr. **** claim that InsureMe's lead quality has suddenly declined,InsureMe's lead quality has improved and percentage of credited leads hasdeclined thanks to initiatives such as additional filters and our proprietarysystem ''Bankrate Insurance Verified.''[/FONT]

[FONT="Arial","sans-serif"] Aspreviously mentioned, Mr. **** had other promotional options when signing upfor an account, from our no-obligation 15 free leads to the non-refundablematching promotion with a deposit as little as $100. [/FONT]

[FONT="Arial","sans-serif"] InsureMehas given Mr. **** courtesy credits for issues such as the lead was completelyvalid but Mr. **** underwriting guidelines did not allow him to write a policyfor the consumer and Mr. **** submitting a credit for the wrong reason. Aspreviously mentioned, many of the leads that were approved on Mr. **** accountwere approved without verification. The average credit request rate of InsureMeagents is 19% so our statement that Mr. **** has taken advantage of our liberalcredit policy is no exaggeration.[/FONT]

[FONT="Arial","sans-serif"] InsureMeis willing to work with Mr. **** to find more effective areas and lead typesthat will hopefully improve his experience with our company. As previouslystated, Mr. **** was well aware of all InsureMe's promotional offers anddecided to maximize the amount he placed on the only non-refundable promotionInsureMe offers. Mr. **** was aware that the funds were non-refundable. Norefund will be offered to Mr. ****. [/FONT]

[FONT="Arial","sans-serif"]06/12/2012 lori EMAIL[/FONT][FONT="Arial","sans-serif"] Send Consumer Rebuttal - No New Offer - AJR[/FONT]

[FONT="Arial","sans-serif"]06/12/2012 Otto EMAIL[/FONT][FONT="Arial","sans-serif"] Inform Business - Case ADMINISTRATIVELYCLOSED[/FONT]

[FONT="Arial","sans-serif"]06/12/2012 Otto BBB[/FONT][FONT="Arial","sans-serif"] Case ADMINISTRATIVELY CLOSED[/FONT]

[FONT="Arial","sans-serif"]06/13/2012 BBB[/FONT][FONT="Arial","sans-serif"] MORE INFO RECEIVED FROM THE CONSUMER :If I pay for something and it wasn’t what I paid for, I am sure thisnon-refundable clause should be waived. I paid for workable leads. I can provethe quality declined. You are flat out lying.[/FONT]

[FONT="Arial","sans-serif"] WhenI originally spoke with your rep, she told me that I had to take advantage ofthe match on the first purchase. I couldn’t test out the leads then add thefunds at a later date. I either get the match with my first payment or nomatch.[/FONT]

[FONT="Arial","sans-serif"] Progressivedoesn’t have underwriting guidelines that decline people for insurance. This isa 100% lie. The more you respond the more you seem to be digging a hole foryourself. If you gave me refunds without verification, VERIFY THEM! I wasdeclined for a lead which the person was another insurance agent (by the way,this is on your list for approved credit reasons) and I told the person to do a3 way call to verify this and they refused to do it. Not once did I submit agood lead for credit.[/FONT]

[FONT="Arial","sans-serif"] Asmentioned above, I was given an ultimatum to buy the leads with a bigger downpayment to get a bigger match (non-refundable) or a much smaller match. Itseems as the person responding to my complaint from InsureMe is a liar and athief. He/she is making up false accusations of my integrity by saying I amsubmitting lead credits that are not allowed. I have been using InsureMe forthe last 4 years, off and on. This is by far the worst experience I have everhad with this or any company providing leads. [/FONT]

[FONT="Arial","sans-serif"] $800seems like it is a lot of money to you guys. Your principles are in the wrongplace. This is proof that this company fails to understand the needs of a smallbusiness owner. This will cost you more than the $800 you stole from me. Everheard of the story where one person can cost a company millions of dollars byword of mouth? Believe me, it will cost a lot more to your company after Ispread the news of your lies and theft. [/FONT]
[FONT="Arial","sans-serif"] Toall agents that reads this complaint: I work my leads to the best of myability. I turn the leads off when I am not ready for the text alerts. As soonas I get it, I have tried to call, email, text, and mail them. If you are notworking the leads correctly because you have a big budget or your agents doesn’tcare because it is not their money that is being wasted, you may be losing alot of money. Be aware of this company and their so called new system. Theleads are absolutely worse than before. I hope your cautious with non-refundablepromotions. If something seems too good to be true...[/FONT]

Welcome to the world of internet leads. Why anyone would front $1,000 of their money for "future leads" is beyond me.

You can substitude InsureMe with any of the other internet lead companies. They are all the same.

Bottom line?
You aknowledge that you signed a non-refundable contract.

Personally, I don't believe you have any recourse. You learned a valuable lesson the hard way.

Buyer Beware.......

Next time don't wait 7 months or so to fight it.

If you had been more prompt you could have disputed the charge on your credit card and probably won that as they failed to provide the goods contracted.

I have to say you did decide to participate in a non refundable program, you fronted a but load of money. BOTH of these should have been red flags.

There are many other vendors out there that are much easier to work with, but you choose to go after the biggest, yet most restrictive program offered. Your own greed got the better of your common sense.

I used insureme years ago in a straight up deal. No bonus anything. They didn't pan out as it was too dificult to get credit for clearly bad leads. So I parted ways with absolutely no plans to return.

Why didn't you think that if they had to offer that much to get you into the program, something wasn't up?

I tried insureme once.. Leads were junk. Have better success knocking on cold doors. MHO, don't waste your money even if they give you 10 free leads for everyone you buy.

I've never heard of Non-Refundable deposit on leads---wow.

Call you credit card company & find out for sure if you are over the time limit to dispute. From what I read just now, dispute about services/merchandise is not subject to the 60 day rule.

BBB: they don't have any "Teeth" even if you win the argument...it just lowers the rating of the BBB member/non-member.....

I'd also take your case to a manager above the person you're working with. Document & submit ALL leads in the time frame allowed in your contract. Be a Squeaky wheel. You need someone that cares & has the authority to make a decision.

I have a couple more ideas but you need to call me as too long to type out here:)

Number below will reach me.

I used them for the last month for Medicare Leads only.

Every lead (nearly 80%) I received was a under 65 lead with wrong numbers and wrong birth dates.

I just closed my account. I did close five out of the 20 or so I received but you're much better off ordering reply card leads for your money.

It was not a total waste ($81 for the promotion they ran) but their customer service is beyond piss poor. Every guy there lies to you or has an excuse as to why their leads are "sometimes" like this. It's almost as if they have a bunch of college kids who are smoking dope out of bongs and pounding beers working there. I wouldn't give a s--t either if someone was paying me $8 per hour to run a company.

I've been in this business long enough to know when it sounds to good to be true..

Last edited:
how about this one.. I was buying health leads from insureme. First is was me and two other agents, then 3 , then 4. 5 agents getting the same lead calling the same person... by the time all of the agents call the lead is ready to call 911. Here's the cous de gras.. Once the prospect completed the quote request the page would re-direct the prospect to... you guessed it EHEALTH. I wasnt small potatoes with insureme either.. I was sepending hundreds a day. Folks , If that isint fraud I dont know what is.

When the lead vendors sell you the lead and also try to sell the lead insurance at the same time; look out. Not to mention the affiliate who is either selling the lead multiple times or trying to sell the lead to ehealth also; you will be working an almost impossible system.
I was profitable with insureme for a while. Near the end of my run with them, I would ask "I see you just complete the request for an insurance quote." The most common response was "oh, I did that a couple days ago and have submitted an app already" or "I did that last night and have been getting tons of calls." I would ask how many times they entered their info and most would reply "once..."

If you are going to purchase internet leads, find an affiliate site and put in your info. See who you will be competing against. Make sure you tell everyone who calls you are an agent testing the system. You might be surprised with how many pop up pages ask you for info and how many agents/agencies/call centers start calling.

Latest posts

Back