Need Advice - Trucking Insurance Leads

truckinsurance

Apologies in advance if this comes across as spam, I'm just looking for advice.

I have a very active site serving the trucking industry, and I created a tool where my users can submit their business and contact info in order to receive commercial vehicle quotes. A wide range of businesses are sending in quote requests: Interstate trucking companies local trucking companies, tow trucks, construction companies, moving, delivery vans... I guess that covers it. I'm currently selling the leads to one company, but they only do trucking insurance, so I'd like to find more companies covering the full range of services.

I'm not sure whether this is a strong quality indicator, but ~65% choose to include a phone #, though it isn't a required field in the contact form. Currently seeing 200-250 quote requests per month.

Any advice on the best way to market/distribute these leads? Pricing? Should I be selling exclusively to one company? If not, what is the maximum amount of companies I should sell the same lead to?

Thank you very much for taking the time to read all that. I realize this type of insurance isn't what most of you deal with, but I do appreciate any insight you can offer.

it depends on which way you want to go ... you can either share the leads or sell them exclusively. Obviously sharing the leads would mean that your price per lead would be significantly less and selling them exclusively would end up in a higher price per lead. finding the agents to sell the leads to is going to be a problem. Use your one client as a reference ... offer him free leads to refer you to his friends that sell the same product. utilize that one client. i would make the phone # mandatory. I dont think that it would really effect the amount of leads that you are going to get. If these people are serious about purchasing the product, they should have no problem giving their phone number. the best way to find agents is to cold call or buy lists . email the lists. that can be expensive. what areas are you generating these leads in ? you may decide to go nationwide and setup the same advertising campaigns in different areas of the country.

Thank you for the advice, PatrickJoseph. To address your questions:

1. The current lead buyer asked us not to make the phone # mandatory, he feels that users who don't submit a phone # aren't serious customers, so he uses it as a filtering method to prevent his agents from wasting time. Sounds to me like he is wasting some leads, but he is paying a blanket sponsorship fee so it's his money he's wasting.

2. The contact form is accessible to all visitors on my website, which has a national audience. As a result, the leads are already being generated nationwide.

I received a PM asking for additional details, but I am not able to reply to PMs because of my post count. FYI.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I keep losing posts to the forum, but I'll try this again.

To answer previous questions, my site has a national audience, so the leads are nationwide.

Thanks for the answers, I'm having a hard time getting posts through.

Last edited:
Back