New Homeowner's List

srock

Hey everyone, I was looking for a way to get lists of new homebuyers. I live in Wisconsin and a lot of the lead vendors I've tried can't seem to get a list that is credible so I was wondering if there is any state by state websites that show who has bought homes in the area? I've worked with some realtors but I would like to start getting more names! Appreciate the help! Let me know if you have any good information!

When a person buys a home his new deed is recorded at the County Recorder where it becomes public record. The information is computerized at the county level in a sortable database. The County Recorders sell the lists to mailing list companies that compile the information from many counties and, in turn, sell sorted lists to anybody or business that wants to market to new homeowners.

That's how you get those lists, you buy them from the mailing list companies.

I know, you want a magic website where you can go in and pick a city and get a list for free (or for cheap) that's more current than what you can buy from the mailing list companies.

Sorry, doesn't happen that way.

You could go to the Register of Deed's office (or local equivalent) and look at the books and record all new transactions. Time consuming and you'll probably get push back from the staff. Perfectly legal as they are public record, but you will be a disruption in their usual routine.

You could go to the Register of Deed's website and pull all new transactions. Of course, that assumes that searching by when recorded is an option. You may only be able to search by name, address or Parcel ID.

Or just keep buying lists and try to find those that refresh their data more often.

When a person buys a home his new deed is recorded at the County Recorder where it becomes public record. The information is computerized at the county level in a sortable database. The County Recorders sell the lists to mailing list companies that compile the information from many counties and, in turn, sell sorted lists to anybody or business that wants to market to new homeowners.

That's how you get those lists, you buy them from the mailing list companies.

I know, you want a magic website where you can go in and pick a city and get a list for free (or for cheap) that's more current than what you can buy from the mailing list companies.

Sorry, doesn't happen that way.

There actually is a magic website in Wisconsin that I have found from speaking with some adviser's and its the Wisconsin Department of Revenue's website. It has every sale of a property/home including the cost!

There actually is a magic website in Wisconsin that I have found from speaking with some adviser's and its the Wisconsin Department of Revenue's website. It has every sale of a property/home including the cost!

Have you tried it?

I just did.

You start the search by picking a municipality. I picked Milwaukee, the results to be sorted by buyer.

5000 results were displayed (up to 25 per page) containing the Document Number, the address, and the names of both parties.

No dates of purchase.
No distinction between commercial or residential.

You would have to check them one by one. If you checked the highest numbered document it would probably be a more recent one.

See for yourself:

https://propertyinfo.revenue.wi.gov/WisconsinProd/search/commonsearch.aspx?mode=owner

Have you tried it?

I just did.

You start the search by picking a municipality. I picked Milwaukee, the results to be sorted by buyer.

5000 results were displayed (up to 25 per page) containing the Document Number, the address, and the names of both parties.

No dates of purchase.
No distinction between commercial or residential.

You would have to check them one by one. If you checked the highest numbered document it would probably be a more recent one.

See for yourself:
]

You can get the state wide monthly update in excel format which seemed to help me a bit because I deleted a lot of the information that isn't needed. Then narrow it down to your certain area, I actually had a few warm connections with some of the people on the list. I'm in a city of around 10,000 so on a mass scale it wouldn't be worth it at all I agree.

What do you consider 'new' home buyers? How old is 'new'?
The only reliable quick datasource for them is actually title companies. In most areas, you can get data from them weeks earlier then you can from county records (which can run 6 months behind on the web sometimes). But title companies will claim they don't sell the data and then if they do admit it, they charge a good price for it.

With county records you need to learn to tell the difference between refi's and new purchases, probate issues, trusts (and removal from trusts) and tons of other things that cause recordings which are meaningless when looking for new home buyers.

Talk with the local title companies....

Dan

Apologies for this being my first post and it being from a company that sells New Homeowner Mailing Lists, however I saw the post and thought I would chime in. Please understand that if the post were not asking, I would not be so bold to sell here. My company sells new homeowner data, 1st, 2nd and 3rd year renewal X-dates, and slew of other data relating to the home itself. If I may answer any questions, give free trials, I have 25 years in the data industry and can give any advice whether you buy or not, just happy to help.

Back