Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Insurance Leads

Reply to New Homeowner's List     
Old 08-16-2017, 03:43 PM   #1

State: srock is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
New Homeowner's List New Homeowner's List
Hey everyone, I was looking for a way to get lists of new homebuyers. I live in Wisconsin and a lot of the lead vendors I've tried can't seem to get a list that is credible so I was wondering if there is any state by state websites that show who has bought homes in the area? I've worked with some realtors but I would like to start getting more names! Appreciate the help! Let me know if you have any good information!
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to New Homeowner's List
Old 08-16-2017, 08:46 PM   #2
Super Genius
adjusterjack on New Homeowner's List

State: adjusterjack is an Insurance Agent from Arizona
New Homeowner's List Re: New Homeowner's List
When a person buys a home his new deed is recorded at the County Recorder where it becomes public record. The information is computerized at the county level in a sortable database. The County Recorders sell the lists to mailing list companies that compile the information from many counties and, in turn, sell sorted lists to anybody or business that wants to market to new homeowners.

That's how you get those lists, you buy them from the mailing list companies.

I know, you want a magic website where you can go in and pick a city and get a list for free (or for cheap) that's more current than what you can buy from the mailing list companies.

Sorry, doesn't happen that way.
Old 08-17-2017, 09:57 AM   #3
Guru
VolAgent on New Homeowner's List

State: VolAgent is an Insurance Agent from Tennessee
VolAgent is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
You could go to the Register of Deed's office (or local equivalent) and look at the books and record all new transactions. Time consuming and you'll probably get push back from the staff. Perfectly legal as they are public record, but you will be a disruption in their usual routine.

You could go to the Register of Deed's website and pull all new transactions. Of course, that assumes that searching by when recorded is an option. You may only be able to search by name, address or Parcel ID.

Or just keep buying lists and try to find those that refresh their data more often.

You can pay the premium or you can own the loss.
Old 08-17-2017, 10:48 AM   #4

State: srock is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
New Homeowner's List Re: New Homeowner's List srock is the thread starter for: New Homeowner's List

Originally Posted by adjusterjack View Post
When a person buys a home his new deed is recorded at the County Recorder where it becomes public record. The information is computerized at the county level in a sortable database. The County Recorders sell the lists to mailing list companies that compile the information from many counties and, in turn, sell sorted lists to anybody or business that wants to market to new homeowners.

That's how you get those lists, you buy them from the mailing list companies.

I know, you want a magic website where you can go in and pick a city and get a list for free (or for cheap) that's more current than what you can buy from the mailing list companies.

Sorry, doesn't happen that way.
There actually is a magic website in Wisconsin that I have found from speaking with some adviser's and its the Wisconsin Department of Revenue's website. It has every sale of a property/home including the cost!
Old 08-17-2017, 01:30 PM   #5
Super Genius
adjusterjack on New Homeowner's List

State: adjusterjack is an Insurance Agent from Arizona
Originally Posted by srock View Post
There actually is a magic website in Wisconsin that I have found from speaking with some adviser's and its the Wisconsin Department of Revenue's website. It has every sale of a property/home including the cost!
Have you tried it?

I just did.

You start the search by picking a municipality. I picked Milwaukee, the results to be sorted by buyer.

5000 results were displayed (up to 25 per page) containing the Document Number, the address, and the names of both parties.

No dates of purchase.
No distinction between commercial or residential.

You would have to check them one by one. If you checked the highest numbered document it would probably be a more recent one.

See for yourself:

https://propertyinfo.revenue.wi.gov/...spx?mode=owner
Old 08-17-2017, 04:07 PM   #6
Guru
Josh on New Homeowner's List

State: Josh is an Insurance Agent from Virginia
Josh is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Natimark.com does new homeowner date, but it can be pricey.
Old 08-18-2017, 09:06 PM   #7
djs
Guru

State: djs is an Insurance Agent from California
djs is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
What do you consider 'new' home buyers? How old is 'new'?
The only reliable quick datasource for them is actually title companies. In most areas, you can get data from them weeks earlier then you can from county records (which can run 6 months behind on the web sometimes). But title companies will claim they don't sell the data and then if they do admit it, they charge a good price for it.

With county records you need to learn to tell the difference between refi's and new purchases, probate issues, trusts (and removal from trusts) and tons of other things that cause recordings which are meaningless when looking for new home buyers.

Talk with the local title companies....

Dan
Reply to New Homeowner's List 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Insurance Leads