New Website

Your site looks fine. However, you will wait a long time for seniors to call you, at least enough of them to "pay for your morning coffee" especially in the beginning.

It takes a lot more than just having a website. What are you doing to get your website in front of the seniors you want to target as in what geographic area do you want to sell in?

You are going to have to do a lot of proactive marketing to begin building a client base. The successful agents I know are the ones who have become experts in prospecting. Selling insurance is the easy, fun part of this job.

In my experience spending money on "leads" is not the wisest investment of an agent's money. At least not when prospecting for Med Supps.

oh trust me, right now, 100 percent of my busines is generated on the phone with cold calls.... this website is something im doing on the side, and i dont expect any real results for a few months

I highly recommend that your "call to action" is above the fold. A recent study concluded that 80% of visitors to a website will never scroll down.

If a phone call is your purpose then you may want to have it front and center.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
You could also look into Google Voice. This new and free service from Google allows you to place a "click to call" feature on your site.

Last edited:
Your new site looks nice, and hope it works really well for you! Just a suggestion -- the small, horizontal box on tip with the words in red -- it's hard to read. Instead, try making the rectangle red, and have the words in white (called a "reverse"). Red reverse reads better than anything else, and attracts attention. You might want to take williamrobbins advice, and put a strong "call to action" in that box near the top. Anyway, good luck!

atlantainsguy

Oh gosh, another self built site. Great domain name though. Call to action about the fold... YES! William, you couldn't be more right. Google voice is great, although it may not be the time to introduce new technology to a senior. Just replicate your navigation bar so you have one at the top and bottom and make sure your phone number is up there as well. Message me if you need any help.

When users come to a website they will decide within 2-3 seconds if they are going to stay. The thoughts during those moments are, is this website professional/legit and do I see the information I am looking for. I think the website is lacking in both these areas.

After a few months what type of results are you looking for? Leads being generated from traffic through search engines? I just looked at the source code for your website and it's not search engine friendly at all.

Ps. You should have probably posted this int he insurance websites section.

Back