Old Leads, New Leads, Red Leads, Blue Leads...

CHUMPS FROM OXFORD

Guru
5000 Post Club
Remember Dr. Seuss?

Oh well. Quick question. As you know, 90% of our leads (or more) are usually worthless, or never lead to a sale.

If I were to email some of the leads I purchased about 13 months ago (assuming some of them bought elsewhere and have a current renewal)...would I be violating any part of the "no call" program.

These would all be leads that I purchased (so, I assume they requested the quote).

Just a simple email asking them if they would like to be requoted.

Is there any problem with this?

Thanks. The first 10 posters to respond to this thread, earn the following:

* 25 free health leads from the Netherlands

* A Holiday sweater from Bob Vineyard that he no longer uses

* 10 Vimo Live transfers from "The Cat House" in Las Vegas

* An outgoing message on your cellphone personally recorded by TXINSURANCE

Remember Dr. Seuss?

Oh well. Quick question. As you know, 90% of our leads (or more) are usually worthless, or never lead to a sale.

If I were to email some of the leads I purchased about 13 months ago (assuming some of them bought elsewhere and have a current renewal)...would I be violating any part of the "no call" program.

These would all be leads that I purchased (so, I assume they requested the quote).

I don't believe you would, the DNC references calling, emailing that the information requested has been updated and a number to contact you if they want the changes seems ok. The DNC law will expires this year, unless Congress renews and it does not look like it will.

There are guidelines for commerical emailing that may interest you, this references realtors but I think the principle applies. http://www.realtor.org/rohighlt.nsf/files/Anti-Spam Q&A.pdf/$FILE/Anti-Spam Q&A.pdf

Can't say about the no call list, but you might run into can-spam issues.

I email folks from a year or so and have not had any issues. I do remind them in the letter that we recently talked about health insurance and wanted to update them on some changes.

So far, I have not had complaints but you never know.

I am currently awaiting security clearance from the Dutch government. Seems they have some questions about art and toys I ordered from some of their residents in the past and want to make sure I am not on any of their lists of questionable characters.

I believe I have an ample supply of holiday sweaters already. Many have shrunk since last Christmas (2006, not 2007) and have already been donated to good will along with my underwear and a blue dress with a stain.

I could have sworn the Cat House was in Reno. When did they move?

I have heard TX before and his voice is too high pitched and effeminate for my purposes.

do you ever email people a year later that you never spoke to? That is... people you previously sent emails with no response.

Sure. Mostly the folks I see on MyFace. They usually ignore me but sometimes threaten to report me as a dirty old man.

Wait, different forum.

I have email addresses & info covering several years. Sometimes I will send out an email to see if they are still in the market. I find that many of the addresses from a year plus are no longer valid.

Sometimes folks tell me to stop sending info, or they have found cover. But I do sometimes get a sale. I figure my investment is my time and if I get a $600 commission (GA dollars, conversion rate for OH is $225) then it is worth it.

I send an email, not my newsletter. It doesn't always work but is time for me to do another.

And yes, I send to folks even if I never had any conversation. Most of them seem to ignore the email or tell me to buzz off. Seems to work better with folks where we have had a conversation.

Remember Dr. Seuss?

90 days is all you have for a phone call. I'll take the sweater.

Back