Organizing My Leads

Ha, thanks, I will call the company and see what they say!! ;)

Let us know. I'll be surprised if they even answer the phone! Most web services only give support or answer questions for the paying customers. You can pay for FreeCRM and you get unlimited storage plus other stuff. See http://www.freecrm.com/freevspro.html for details.

Disclaimer: I have absolutely zero connection to and zero relationship with the FreeCRM company. I'm just a happy user and suggest that for those who don't want to invest in a proprietary system like ACT or YIO that this might be a good alternative. Works well for me... but YMMV.

Al
www.insurancesolutions123.com

This is a typical problem that I think every agent deals with everyday. My problem is, I want to enter information once, and have it there when I need it. I've yet to find a way to make it work well.

There is a lot more to consider than just entering contacts. Consider how you want to manage them. Do you want something that will automatically provide you a list of birthdays so you can call and say happy birthday? Do you want something that will merge letters 3 or 4 times a year to stay in contact with your prospects? Or do you just need something so you can filter on certain criteria and have a list to work with?

I've probably tried every contact manager out there, Salesforce, YIO, FreeCRM, Act, Maximizer, Goldmine, Paper, etc, etc, etc. Each has something to brag about, each has it's downfalls.

Since it was brought up, I subscribe to the full version of FreeCRM. It has some great things, such as good call management, keeping track of status, etc. It's downfalls for me are lack of decent mailmerge (complete show stopper to me), no decent automation, and a very clunky UI. That said, the price is great, and it does what most people need it to do.

Make a list of what you want a contact manager to do, then set out to solve as many problems as you can. Within the list, keep track of priorities, because you won't find a perfect solution. Finding something that works is what your after.

My 'must-do' list of things I remember:
- Manage emails, inbound and outbound. Attach these to the client.
- Mail merge single customers quickly and efficiently. I send a lot of followup letters, I need it to happen in one or 2 button pushes.
- Efficiently handle open cases, such as customer documents that are waiting to be returned. Don't nag me (such as a to-do item), but let me track them.
- Multiple addresses for a contact. I track work, home. I need them both.
- Householding (this is a killer for most CRM systems). I want a head of household, and then family members inside of the household. Most CRM systems setup companies and then employees. Not the end of the world.
- Document storage. For many, this isn't an issue, but I'm a P&C guy. I have more documents than you can shake a stick at, and storing them to the prospect / client is EXTREMELY important. This is another show-stopper for me.
- Phone dialer. Most PC based solutions have this, and its a nice to have, not a must, but when your dialing a list of calls with a headset, I find it great to have a phone dialer built in, so I don't misdial so many numbers. Even better is a way for it to detect an incoming call and popup a note window for the appropriate contact.
- Sales automation. When I don't have time to contact a prospect, my prospect shouldn't know that.

There are a lot more things that I look for, but this should give you a good idea.

If you want to try things out, try:
https://www.net-lead-apps.net/
It's a pretty straightforward insurance system (tailored at insurance people) and it even imports your internet leads automatically, with an automatic followup email being sent to the prospects.

All that said, I use ACT! with several modifications to accomplish what I need. With a few thousand dollars being spent to modify the program and buy add-ons, it was close to what I want.

Also, keep in mind that a CRM system should not be looked at as an expense. It is an investment. If you aren't going to make your money back, don't bother with the time or the $$$$. In my case, it was easy to justify a few thousand dollars, it saves me an employee cost, by having information well managed, and followups happening almost automatically (still have to put stamps on letters).

Dan

I don't see why you say YIO is so expensive. The only programs out there for insurance agents that are cheaper are free. Its less than $300, it keeps your pipeline full, and it helps you keep track of when to call prospects back and what companies they have. If you cannot see how cheap YIO is then you are crazy. I would say by the end of the year I shouldn't have buy hardly ny leads at all. I already have november filled up with future clients.

Most people waste $375 on a direct mail order. I bet you anything that YIO will get me more sales than that lead drop would.

I don't know how well YIO would work for michellea, but YIO was bulit to keep track of prospects and clients. It works for me.

It's a pretty straightforward insurance system (tailored at insurance people) and it even imports your internet leads automatically, with an automatic followup email being sent to the prospects.

I looked all over the site to find the (monthly?) subscription cost of Net-Lead. I didn't find it. Anyone know?

Perhaps if you have to ask... you can't afford it? :biggrin:

Al

$30 I think. They've recently added some functionality, so this may have changed.

I don't see why you say YIO is so expensive.

I didn't say 'so expensive' did I? I think I just said 'expensive' as differentiated from 'free.' I'm sure people could make the case that YIO is worth ten times what it cost, or one tenth what it costs. But it costs what it costs.

If you cannot see how cheap YIO is then you are crazy.

Gee, you think?

I would say by the end of the year I shouldn't have buy hardly ny leads at all. I already have november filled up with future clients.

Did YIO fill your dance-card or did your hard work in prospecting do it? (I'll bet no one here has ever seen a dance-card!) No wrong answer here, but I would not want to give people the impression that YIO is some kind of magic bullet that by having it you automatically become "super-agent" or something. It might help, that's for sure, but I got a feeling it still takes some work on your part!!! ;)

Most people waste $375 on a direct mail order. I bet you anything that YIO will get me more sales than that lead drop would.

I don't see how any software... desktop, web-based, or whatever can get you more sales. YOU get the sales... not the software. I suppose it can help by giving you more time or better organization, but the software does not sell the client... you sell the client. The best agent I know is an annuities guy. He runs his entire agency with a Franklin loose-leaf planner, a card Rolodex, an old cell-phone (no fancy texting), lots of post-it notes (stuck to the dashboard of his car!), and a stand-up easel with a large paper pad he draws on. He says he is soon going to go 'high-tech' with a small portable 'white board' and marking pens! No, he's not an old-school geezer. He's about 35 and simply likes his life simple and finds technology too confusing and time-consuming. He sells a ton of annuity contracts.

I don't know how well YIO would work for michellea,

I don't see why it wouldn't work for Michellea any better or any worse than it would work for anyone else. I'm sure it will work just fine. My point is that those who are just starting out might want to consider the free alternatives before spending the money... assuming the money is an object. If it's not, then hell, buy YIO, expensive internet leads, sales systems, mailings, seminars, a new BMW, a fancy office, a membership in an exclusive club... go wild!

Al

I didn't say YIO was gonna make my sales or came with prospects loaded into it. It is just 1000 times easier to keep track of those prospects. I plan on buying a list of names for my surrounding counties, and entering everyones info that I get ahold of. Thats my goal and if it turns out I wont have to buy leads for a very long time. I don't even care if I dont make that many appointments off those lists, I just want their age and company that way I can keep in touch with them.

Its hard to believe a 35yr old doesnt use a computer for his work or any other newer technology.

Consider how you want to manage them.

Dan

Dan thanks so much for helping me get the brain working on which way to get going for this PROJECT. I will examine how I need to manage all of this information and then go from there. And thanks for the additional site to check out!

I spent many years pretending I would learn to use ACT, Goldmine, etc. Finally I bought Frank's program and use YIO. I'm not using it anywhere near it's full potential but Frank is always happy to take my call and teach me to do more and more.

I don't think a cost of under $300 with unlimited tech support is expensive to keep my prospects and clients on my computer.

However, I'm sure it's not for everyone. Just like ice cream comes in 31 flavors because some people do not believe (incorrectly) that vanilla is best.

Rick

Back