P&C Internet Leads

jasonburr

Hey all. I am currently using Vimo for my health leads. I am looking for something similar for P&C. Any suggestions? I have not heard good things about netquote, but am open for ideas.

Thanks.

Thanks. Do you mind sharing the script? I think that is something i could do myself. Does she have better luck better days/times of the week?

The script is something like this:

Hi. This is Renee from XYZ Insurance here on Main Street. The reason for the call is that we offer very competitive rates on our auto and home insurance. If you like, we will be happy to give you a free quote. There is no cost and no obligation. Do you know what month your auto insurance renews?

She will call any time from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Normally, you can expect about 3-7 x-dates per hour.

The problem I have been having is from there. I can do ome quotes without much information. Most of the info I can get online from our appraisal district, but autos are another story.

If the customer is interested, do you get their ssn, dl and dob over the phone? Are the reluctant?

When you get x-dates are you just setting up time to call them in the future?

Personally, I've never had much luck with either NetQuote or InsureMe leads. On the other hand, I've known agents to have pretty good success with them, I think a lot of it is regionally based, and depends on how oversold the leads are, and how fast you can dial.

My experience with health leads (I've not used Vimo yet), is that you have better luck letting them sit for a day or 2, then contact the person. I think it's a bit of information (and budget) overload for people who thought they could get the 'platinum' plan for health for $59 a month, since they shopped on the internet. Especially since they are usually shopping since they want to go to the doctor, or just found out they are pregnant. After a few days, a bit of reality has set in, and they start having better questions.

With P&C leads, people buy now, if they buy at all. A 2 day old lead is totally garbage, unless it's someone currently insured, but is truly shopping rates. I have some of the most competitive rates in my area, but I don't sell on rates, since if I do, then next month, someone else has better rates, and I lose all of my clients. I sell value, which is harder to do with internet leads, but then, I geographically restrict leads to my general area.

Fortunately, in California, we don't rate auto based on credit scores, but I still have a lot of the same problems of not having enough info to acurately quote a policy, until I've talked to the prospect. It really does involve a phone conversation, winning their trust, and getting in front of them.

There are lots of places that sell P&C leads:

Insureme.com
netquote.com
quotesauction.com
4freequotes.com <-- One of my favorites, I have a high close ratio here.

An alternative is the 'cherry pick' sites:
leadsclearance.com
autoleadsdirect.com (and the associated sites from this site)
... and others that I forget.

Ironically, I have found with P&C leads, the less information I'm given on the lead, the better my close ratio. I think this comes from 2 things, I know I have to have a more involved conversation, and fewer people buy the leads. For instance, autoleadsdirect.com has some of the poorest leads (for information) around, but they are cheap and very closable. Unfortunately, they do resell leads from other sources, that tend to be old and less than useful. Refund policy is pretty good.

Dan

The problem I have been having is from there. I can do ome quotes without much information. Most of the info I can get online from our appraisal district, but autos are another story.

If the customer is interested, do you get their ssn, dl and dob over the phone? Are the reluctant?

When you get x-dates are you just setting up time to call them in the future?

Yes...the x-dates are to be called in the future. But after a month or so of x-dating, you are calling your past x-dates for quotes as well as x-dating. After six months, you now have the x-dates that you didn't get ahold of for their last renewal.

We only request ss number ect... after giving the quote and the customer has agreed to apply. Naturally, the initial quote is based on the info they provide. And sometimes...Junior has a ticket that Mom and Dad did not know about.

"Personally, I've never had much luck with either NetQuote or InsureMe leads. On the other hand, I've known agents to have pretty good success with them, I think a lot of it is regionally based, and depends on how oversold the leads are, and how fast you can dial."

I still think X-dating (or hiring someone to X-date) is much better for P&C.

"Ironically, I have found with P&C leads, the less information I'm given on the lead, the better my close ratio. I think this comes from 2 things, I know I have to have a more involved conversation, and fewer people buy the leads. For instance, autoleadsdirect.com has some of the poorest leads (for information) around, but they are cheap and very closable. Unfortunately, they do resell leads from other sources, that tend to be old and less than useful. Refund policy is pretty good."

Autoleadsdirect's sister website is Healthleadsdirect. I think a guy named Drew owns them. Every so often, they have a 20%-30% discount on health leads (generally weekends). They cost about $4, but like you said...the lead can be old and the info is sketchy. I return about 40% and they're OK with that.

We only request ss number ect... after giving the quote and the customer has agreed to apply. Naturally, the initial quote is based on the info they provide. And sometimes...Junior has a ticket that Mom and Dad did not know about.

Or in my case, it's Dad had a ticket that mom didn't know about.... Or mom had a ticket, but she paid it, so it doesn't count, right???!!!

Dan

Back