Quality of Hometown Quotes Lately

DSInsurance

Expert
I was a captive agent and back in September went Independent. Great move by the way! Anyways, I wanted to dip my toe in the water again with Auto leads (just very minimally 2-3 a week) I used hometown quotes when I was captive and they were pretty decent quality as I as getting the guaranteed quality leads.

However I just started back with them and burned through my first $200 to have almost all of them be bogus, or people who did not request, or very poor quality. I don't see paying $16 a lead for ones that I can get for $5.

Has anyone else had bad quality lately with them?

I appreciate any feedback.

Dan

However I just started back with them and burned through my first $200 to have almost all of them be bogus, or people who did not request, or very poor quality. I don't see paying $16 a lead for ones that I can get for $5.

Has anyone else had bad quality lately with them?

I appreciate any feedback.

Dan

You're paying $16/lead, or are you paying $5/lead and thinking about paying them more?

I am doing the HTQ guaranteed lead program which is $15.88 per auto lead. They guarantee the quality and that the person requested, but since I rejoined they have all been pretty much junk. Just a bit frustrated and the credit process takes weeks.

I am doing the HTQ guaranteed lead program which is $15.88 per auto lead. They guarantee the quality and that the person requested, but since I rejoined they have all been pretty much junk. Just a bit frustrated and the credit process takes weeks.

So you pay 3x as much and wait longer for credit on the same leads you get for $5. I know it's not funny, but a sense of humor may help. They will give you credit.

Have you contacted Bob Klee? He is a regular on here and very quick to respond if you call or email him direct.

I was using the guaranteed auto leads too and requested to cancel my account a few weeks ago. I called and the rep couldn't do it then I emailed with no response so I removed by credit card from their system.

I'm back to using Quote Wizard for $7 per lead and doing ok with that but paying $15+ a lead for the quality I was getting was too much.

I did have a nice conversation with Bob Klee and I will give more time to see how it goes... As long as they credit my bad ones. I appreaciate Bob reaching out and we'll see how it goes.

Sent Dan PM to please call/email me. We talked, will report back soon! Thanks Dan
We've since talked.
As Dan commented..he used the GQ auto last year & they were good. Something is off in the last 5 days on his account. 4 of the last 5 leads came from 1 source that has been stellar in the past.
Don't know why yet but my team is on it.

+++++++++
CaptiveGuy,
Please give me a shout as I'd like to investigate why your leads didn't work. Plus, our guarantee says if you exceed 20% bad & want to cancel, we'll give you your original deposit back. Looks like I owe you money. I PM'd you with my cell #.
+++
On the Email non response: Thank you to LGilmore for PM'ing me after sending 3 emails to my office with no response!
We use a service called Zendesk which is awesome, most of the time. We happened to change email servers back in December & for some reason, Zendesk was bouncing them when an agent emailed us from the ADMIN section on our site. Unfortunately, we did not notice this until Larry PM'd me & said: HEY BOB! What's up with your team? No one is responding to my email!

Well, he of course got my attention & once looked into, we found the cause. This also effected all Phone Call messages as when you call our office, when you leave a VM message it is emailed to Zendesk & routed to the correct person/department. Well, since email's were bouncing....guess what? We weren't returning calls either:(

So, HUGE thank you to Larry Gilmore & yes, he's getting some FREE leads for giving me a heads up!!

FYI:Credit process: Agents have 7 days to return leads for credit. We have up to 7 days after that to work them & accept/reject for credit. We have many new tools today that shorten the time but we do call leads to verify the credit request. That can take several days if we also, get no answer when we call.

Thank you Dan & others for alerting me to these problems. The feedback/help on this Forum continues to be so valuable ....thank you

Back