Question Lead Origination Sources

MichaelBurton

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Texas
So . . . I have a lead generation concept that I am developing. Would like to know more from the lead-list wholesalers how you get your lists, etc. Do you mine them through your own proprietary research. Or do you buy 'em somewhere and mark them up?

Very new to this. Any insight is appreciated. Thanks.

So . . . I have a lead generation concept that I am developing. Would like to know more from the lead-list wholesalers how you get your lists, etc. Do you mine them through your own proprietary research. Or do you buy 'em somewhere and mark them up?

Ok, so I'm literally in tears reading this. I get why your asking, but why would one of the list vendors here give you that information? So you can be their competitors? From what I hear Greensky has pretty cheap list priced per thousand. Josh has unlimited data for $50/month.

Ha! I plugged Josh and Rick in the same paragraph... (patting myself on the back) :)

I bought an obamaload of names from Lead Research Group. If you buy 200,000 you should get a price of $10/K. These are the same lists that Josh sold to agents for $69/K although to be fair, I understand he paid $5/K so that profit is certainly justified. (Others charge more so I guess it's a good price - certainly a good markup).

I earn 99.9% of my income from selling insurance but will help others get lists at a very low price. I do make a bit of a profit but it's only to get back my initial expenditure rather than to make a huge profit.

I can't speak to the quality of unlimited leads for a set price. I suspect you get what you pay for.

Josh will be here shortly to justify $69 and to promote unlimited lists (although he might still think they are leads).

Rick

I bought an obamaload of names from Lead Research Group. If you buy 200,000 you should get a price of $10/K. These are the same lists that Josh sold to agents for $69/K although to be fair, I understand he paid $5/K so that profit is certainly justified. (Others charge more so I guess it's a good price - certainly a good markup). I earn 99.9% of my income from selling insurance but will help others get lists at a very low price. I do make a bit of a profit but it's only to get back my initial expenditure rather than to make a huge profit. I can't speak to the quality of unlimited leads for a set price. I suspect you get what you pay for. Josh will be here shortly to justify $69 and to promote unlimited lists (although he might still think they are leads). Rick

You *almost* sound as if you don't like Josh's capitalism...

Kinda Democrat of you...haha

Sent from my iPad using InsForums

I bought an obamaload of names from Lead Research Group. If you buy 200,000 you should get a price of $10/K. These are the same lists that Josh sold to agents for $69/K although to be fair, I understand he paid $5/K so that profit is certainly justified. (Others charge more so I guess it's a good price - certainly a good markup).

I earn 99.9% of my income from selling insurance but will help others get lists at a very low price. I do make a bit of a profit but it's only to get back my initial expenditure rather than to make a huge profit.

I can't speak to the quality of unlimited leads for a set price. I suspect you get what you pay for.

Josh will be here shortly to justify $69 and to promote unlimited lists (although he might still think they are leads).

Rick

I was just funnin you man!

There are a few ways list get sold. For most of your standard business and consumer data a handful of companies compile it and most companies sell some version of it. For what it costs to get vs compiling it yourself, it's a no-brainer. If you buy out an entire database you have to deal with the infrastructure of it and a pile of other things, including it starting to go bad as soon as you get it.

Another option is to do reselling (which is what I've been doing for years until I launched ListShack.com | Unlimited Sales Leads). I buy in bulk and pay a per record price, then I mark it up and sell it. That's getting data through LeadResearchGroup.com who ultimately get it from natimark. If you call up any of the major companies they're going to want at least 10 cents a record for 1,000 records, I've been selling it at $69 for 1,000, $249 for 5,000, or $399 for 10,000. I've done much higher volumes as well, but most folks are rarely going to need more than 1,000 to get started.

Let's get back to compiling. There are some specialty files folks compile on themselves. They're usually much more expensive because of the limited market/increased cost with getting the data. An example of that would be commercial workers comp x-dates or something along those lines.

Feel free to shoot me an email ([email protected]) if you have any other questions or if you wanted to chat by phone. I currently have about 0% market share and would be thrilled with 0.1% market share, so there is plenty of room for everyone.

----------

The price I've paid has fluctuated a bit, but I've always been able to come in well below industry average pricing and make a healthy margin that allows for me to provide quality service, availability, and a 100% replacement or refund guarantee. As it sits right now I can match any LRG direct pricing. Of course there is always unlimited lists for $50/month at ListShack.com | Unlimited Sales Leads. The data is certainly good, but to pay $2,000 for 200,000 records when you can get unlimited for $50/month I'm not sure the increased cost makes sense.

Again, welcome to the list business. If you're willing to buy in bulk and pass on the savings to agents, all the power to you.

I'd like to think that the 300 people that have signed up in the first four months have gotten more than they've paid for. Most agree. I've got tons of folks that have signed up for ListShack.com | Unlimited Sales Leads to get unlimited access for $50/month and they've been thrilled with it. Individual agents, agencies, call centers, other marketers, and all sorts of other people sign up and have great success with it. Of course with 300 signups there are some people that weren't happy, but overall people who buy data love the product.

Ok, so I'm literally in tears reading this. I get why your asking, but why would one of the list vendors here give you that information? So you can be their competitors? From what I hear Greensky has pretty cheap list priced per thousand. Josh has unlimited data for $50/month.

Ha! I plugged Josh and Rick in the same paragraph... (patting myself on the back) :)

For real, dude. Hardly asked for any trade secrets. But if you got an endorphin rush out of it, I am happy for you.

----------

Josh will be here shortly to justify $69 and to promote unlimited lists (although he might still think they are leads).ri

Rick

Rick and Josh - thanks for the introduction to this. Josh, I can see that you're committed to your idea. I will have more thoughts and questions, I am sure.

Again, welcome to the list business. If you're willing to buy in bulk and pass on the savings to agents, all the power to you

Thanks. Someone has to treat fellow agents right.

Although if you're not an agent you get to mark things up 1,000%, right?

Rick

Rick and Josh - thanks for the introduction to this. Josh, I can see that you're committed to your idea. I will have more thoughts and questions, I am sure.

Little bit :) .

----------

Thanks. Someone has to treat fellow agents right.

Although if you're not an agent you get to mark things up 1,000%, right?

Rick

For years I've been giving agents (and other marketers) a better deal than they would get direct from just about anyone and have been able to make enough of a margin off it to grow a business. My company has an excellent reputation and happy customers. If you want to make a few bucks on the side selling lists, great. I'm positive some people would rather get the same data at a lower per record price than I'll sell it for.

InfoFree got 10,000 subscribers in about two years because they offered something great, unlimited data for a low monthly price. They've decided to raise their prices drastically and that has paved the way for ListShack.com | Unlimited Sales Leads to be off to a great start. Within the next few weeks I'll probably be loading the most recent update on the consumer file which should rival the quality of the data from LRG. As it sits right now the average nationwide is around 85% which is by most people's standards worth much more than $50/month for unlimited access.

Little bit :) .

----------

For years I've been giving agents (and other marketers) a better deal than they would get direct from just about anyone and have been able to make enough of a margin off it to grow a business. My company has an excellent reputation and happy customers. If you want to make a few bucks on the side selling lists, great. I'm positive some people would rather get the same data at a lower per record price than I'll sell it for.

InfoFree got 10,000 subscribers in about two years because they offered something great, unlimited data for a low monthly price. They've decided to raise their prices drastically and that has paved the way for ListShack.com | Unlimited Sales Leads to be off to a great start. Within the next few weeks I'll probably be loading the most recent update on the consumer file which should rival the quality of the data from LRG. As it sits right now the average nationwide is around 85% which is by most people's standards worth much more than $50/month for unlimited access.

How much are you paying Sam to advertise in every post? And I'm not talking about the signature file. I'm talking about the only reason you, a non agent, are here.

All you ever do is promote. If you were half as successful selling insurance as you are in getting this free advertising, you might still have a career (as if).

Let's see if Josh can stand to let me have the last word. If he does, it will be a first.

Rick

Latest posts

Back