Quote Wizard

nyc2phi

Guru
1000 Post Club
I have purchased a lot of leads in my day.

I recently decided to give Quote Wizard a try because they had a good deal going on and were persistent with me.

These have to be the worst leads I have ever received.

I set a limit at 3 a day. I always get 3 three back to back come in at 6 AM which I find strange. My main carrier also has a prefill which allows me to see what car they have registered to the house hold and nearly every one of quote wizards quotes does not match on info to the actual car registered in the house hold.

On a positive note there does seem to be a high response rate which probably means they aren't selling to a lot of agents. The response 9/10 times is they never requested a quote though.

Has anyone else had this experience with them?

Used QW for the past 3 1/2 years and finally shut them off last month.

First two years I made a lot of money off of them. Then the quality started slipping and they didn't want to credit some obviously bad leads.

When they got to the point of sending 82 yr old prospects who were being tele marketed and would not stop sending these bogus leads, I pulled the plug.

These senior citizens were being harassed and "agreeing" to a quote to get off of the phone with the telemarketer. When I expressed concern about this being an abusive business practice, QW said the people say they want a quote and we send them to you. Do what you please with the leads.

To his credit Bob Klee at Hometown credited me on dozens of leads last year that I received from HTQUOTES and QW. Turns out the affiliate was selling the leads to both lead companies as well as two other lead companies.

QW made no effort to meet in the middle on these leads.

QW started out being very fair and good quality. Absolutely would not recommend them at this time.

They were my #1 provider for the first year that I was with them. If you request too much credit, they automatically reject the requests. I fell out of love with them and ultimately cancelled them after using them for about 2 years. Then canceled Agent Insider. Cancelled allwebleads (total crap). Still have Netquote, but keep it off most of the time. I find that internet leads usually bring the worst business and constant price shoppers.

Back to QW. Call your account manager. I had mine help me in the beginning and it worked. But in the end, all of these companies just recycle leads and suck the life out of you.

Used QW for the past 3 1/2 years and finally shut them off last month.

First two years I made a lot of money off of them. Then the quality started slipping and they didn't want to credit some obviously bad leads.

When they got to the point of sending 82 yr old prospects who were being tele marketed and would not stop sending these bogus leads, I pulled the plug.

These senior citizens were being harassed and "agreeing" to a quote to get off of the phone with the telemarketer. When I expressed concern about this being an abusive business practice, QW said the people say they want a quote and we send them to you. Do what you please with the leads.

To his credit Bob Klee at Hometown credited me on dozens of leads last year that I received from HTQUOTES and QW. Turns out the affiliate was selling the leads to both lead companies as well as two other lead companies.

QW made no effort to meet in the middle on these leads.

QW started out being very fair and good quality. Absolutely would not recommend them at this time.
I had the same issue. Bob at htq was much better.

Re: Quote Wizard.

I signed up with qw for a specific type lead. Guarantee issue life leads for under age 45. 3 or 4 months with zero leads. one bad one, which they did give me credit for. Tried to cancel the program, but, was told they keep the $350 deposit money. I thought, what more could I lose. I'll expand the territory and keep going and maybe get a couple good leads. Then the deducted another $50 from my checking account for some type of automatic reply. Told them to stop that and they did put the $50 back in my account. Today I get a statement in my email, after NEVER receiving a good lead, that they now charge my account a $50 per month service fee. Crooked as a dogs hind leg.

Good to know they've decided to charge a $50 service fee to go with charging for leads. Another reason never to go back to them. This is the company that sent me the dead guy life lead. The "prospect" had been dead for six months, I even sent them the link to the Obit when I asked for credit. They declined the credit request which then led to the call to ask them to read what was put into the remarks for credit.... While they provided lots of leads, most all were bad and it just sucked up too much time getting denials over turned that should have been credited on the first request. A $50 service fee pretty much kills these guys off for me.

Ive used Quote Wizard in the past with some success. The one good thing about them is they will refund almost everything and very fast.

I just started using QW. They started my leads before I expected, and hada type I didn'twant, but when I contacted them they apologized and refunded the leads. So my first customer contact was very positive and all I could ask for.

It's only been about a week, and I haven't received many leads, so my sample size is small, but I haven't made contact or received a reply email with any except one so far.

The only one i've talked to is interesting. He said he wasn't really looking for insurance, but was filling out forms to get something for free.

It gets better. He had two DWIs, needs an SR22 and is hoping to get his license back next month.

He has no assets, but filed out the form for renter's insurance.

I'm guessing QW will refund the lead based on my first experience, but I have to wonder if it is in anyone's best interest to incentive people to fill out insurance forms?

My next comment isn't pointed at QW directly, but after working with several companies, I'm starting to wonder what's going on?

I'm unaware of any industry that can have a 40%+ defect rate and still remain in business other than lead providers.

I just started using QW. They started my leads before I expected, and hada type I didn'twant, but when I contacted them they apologized and refunded the leads. So my first customer contact was very positive and all I could ask for.

It's only been about a week, and I haven't received many leads, so my sample size is small, but I haven't made contact or received a reply email with any except one so far.

The only one i've talked to is interesting. He said he wasn't really looking for insurance, but was filling out forms to get something for free.

It gets better. He had two DWIs, needs an SR22 and is hoping to get his license back next month.

He has no assets, but filed out the form for renter's insurance.

I'm guessing QW will refund the lead based on my first experience, but I have to wonder if it is in anyone's best interest to incentive people to fill out insurance forms?

My next comment isn't pointed at QW directly, but after working with several companies, I'm starting to wonder what's going on?

I'm unaware of any industry that can have a 40%+ defect rate and still remain in business other than lead providers.

Everything you say is true. Just imagine how many people you don't get live that you pay for. Qw cuts you off fast if you ask for more than a few returns despite what the sales people say.

I did not know that they get leads from surveys. That would explain the high junk leads that I get.

Back