Quoting Friends

w.neil93

Hello,

my agent came to me and wants me to quote my friends and as i have said in my previous posts I'm against that.

any suggestions for 15 names so i can send them an auto quote?

maybe buy 15 leads or.....

Hello,

my agent came to me and wants me to quote my friends and as i have said in my previous posts I'm against that.

any suggestions for 15 names so i can send them an auto quote?

maybe buy 15 leads or.....

If your against quoting your friends and family you should find a new profession. Not trying to be offensive. But if you truly don't believe what you are doing is a good service or ethical you should find a different sakes job. Also, probably not a good idea to give your Agent 15 random prospects if he asked you for friends... But at the core of it you have to believe you are doing a greater good and if your friends won't even humor you to listen, then they are not really friends at all.

If your against quoting your friends and family you should find a new profession.

If I understand other threads correctly, if one quotes friends, then friends are lost as a business source when one becomes independent.

Could you maybe rewrite this question as it makes no sense.

Are you an agent? Is this your sales manager? Is he/she asking you to use your family and friends as your primary group to solicit for insurance?

If you're not an agent and your agent is asking you for referrals, you can simply say no.

Could you maybe rewrite this question as it makes no sense.

Are you an agent? Is this your sales manager? Is he/she asking you to use your family and friends as your primary group to solicit for insurance?

If you're not an agent and your agent is asking you for referrals, you can simply say no.

Yes, the reason I didn't want to quote friends is because i don't want to lose a friendship over money. My agent said, by the way, I want a list of people that agreed to be quoted after 10 weeks of working for her, and I don't think i will be at my current position forever, so I could lose business down the road if I ever feel like there is an agency I want to stay with for a very long time, even so i really don't want to get them involved, I have no problem buying a few leads or a mailing list.

They will definitely humor me and do a quote but they aren't going to buy, they will just be called about 1x a month for a long time. I am a licensed producer.

I was looking at insurance positions, business to business. There are plenty of other insurance jobs out there.

----------

If your against quoting your friends and family you should find a new profession. Not trying to be offensive. But if you truly don't believe what you are doing is a good service or ethical you should find a different sakes job. Also, probably not a good idea to give your Agent 15 random prospects if he asked you for friends... But at the core of it you have to believe you are doing a greater good and if your friends won't even humor you to listen, then they are not really friends at all.

There are other insurance jobs out there, but yes they will definitely humor me.

Last edited:
Yes, the reason I didn't want to quote friends is because i don't want to lose a friendship over money. My agent said, by the way, I want a list of people that agreed to be quoted after 10 weeks of working for her, and I don't think i will be at my current position forever, so I could lose business down the road if I ever feel like there is an agency I want to stay with for a very long time, even so i really don't want to get them involved, I have no problem buying a few leads or a mailing list.

They will definitely humor me and do a quote but they aren't going to buy, they will just be called about 1x a month for a long time. I am a licensed producer.

I was looking at insurance positions, business to business. There are plenty of other insurance jobs out there.

----------

There are other insurance jobs out there, but yes they will definitely humor me.

Your agent doesn't know how to market, prospect, or promote herself. This is a sign of DESPERATION on the part of the agent. Your days may be numbered EVEN IF you give the names to the agent.

I don't know the turnover of your agency, but I hope she isn't prospecting by this maxim:

Hire 'em in masses
Teach 'em in classes
Sell all their family and friends
and fire their ***es.

Obviously, you don't see any additional value to offer your friends from working at this agency. If there was something different, it would be a different story.

Whether you know it or not, the writing is on the wall to find another place of employment.

Your agent doesn't know how to market, prospect, or promote herself. This is a sign of DESPERATION on the part of the agent. Your days may be numbered EVEN IF you give the names to the agent.

I don't know the turnover of your agency, but I hope she isn't prospecting by this maxim:

Obviously, you don't see any additional value to offer your friends from working at this agency. If there was something different, it would be a different story.

Whether you know it or not, the writing is on the wall to find another place of employment.

Asking an agent to quote their friends is an act of desperation? That is a bit of stretch. "Quote" would be the key word I see that as practice talking, communicating with a potential prospect. To say it's a sign of her ultimate failure in the biz is a little crazy.

Back