Are Shared Leads Sold Later As Aged Leads?

Mark

Guru
5000 Post Club
Georgia
I keep thinking about these aged leads. I keep getting email about aged life and health leads.

I have to think about where they are getting the aged leads from.

Are they shared leads that are then resold to vendors 60 to 90 later or what?

Are the leads companies just trying to sell the info one more time to see if they can make another dollar?

So the leads are worked to death.

Most of the time shared leads are worked up to 8 agents.

So the lead gets called from them and then 60 to 90 days later they are resold again to god knows how many more agents as aged leads.

I got an email today titled "Exclusive Health Leads in Georgia" from benepath.net .

SO they must have been sold to a couple of agents to start with and they are now saying they will only resell them to 1 more agent.

What is exclusive about aged leads?

It's interesting that you can buy shared leads that are supposed to only go to (for example) 3 other agents. Then 30 days later they are sold as shared to another 5 agents. Or buy exclusive and have the same thing happen.

So much for honesty in the lead generation industry.

Rick

I keep thinking about these aged leads. I keep getting email about aged life and health leads.

Are the leads companies just trying to sell the info one more time to see if they can make another dollar?

Yes, and Yes.

There are a very few aged leads that are worth while.

Mostly those would be direct mail leads for various markets, but the good ones are hard to find.

SO they must have been sold to a couple of agents to start with and they are now saying they will only resell them to 1 more agent.

What is exclusive about aged leads?

You are the first person who gets to piss these people off all over again 2 months later........

Boy Mark,
You've opened Pandora's box now...

We don't sell to aged lead vendors...but what say the vendors as to where they get the data??

I'm guessing, pure guess...but it must be a BIG business with good profit margins, better than mine I suspect based on what I see the offers for my data are & what they are selling for...

Pandora's box is wide open....:1err:

Yes, shared leads are sold later as aged leads. From what I have been told exclusive leads after X amount of days are sold as aged leads as well.

Even if a real time lead vendor does not directly resell the lead as an aged lead, it does not mean that the same lead someone bought from the real time lead vendor is not being sold as aged lead for the following reasons, which does goes on currently in the industry, such as a call center that buys a lot of leads then turns around and sells the leads when they are done with the leads to a re-seller.

Plus since real time lead vendors get many if not most of their leads from affiliates, even though affiliates are only suppossed to sell that lead to one real time lead vendor, as can be testified by the real time lead vendors not all of these affiliates play by the rules, so many of them if they can make an extra buck, they'll release those real time leads into the market later on as an aged lead. I don't buy directly from any affilitates myself but that does not mean others are not.

Plus one of the biggest real time lead vendors told me that they won't sell the lead more than X times as a real time lead, so if for example that number was 5 times and they have only sold it 4 times or less, they will put it out on the ping post system real time lead vendors use and sell it to another real time vendor, who will then also try to sell it their maximum amount of times. No wonder the agents hear many times that the prospect has been called by 10 or 15 agents the same day they inquired about a quote as a new lead.

This is why some agents prefer the low priced aged leads because they can call on the leads the following month when they are not being bombarded with the same intensity of calls the same day anymore like they were when it was a new lead that the agent had paid $8, $10, $12, $15, etc. as a real time lead.

I have a call center for example who does not buy leads anywhere else but us, that solely supports their call center on the aged leads they buy from us, so many sales can be made with aged leads, that were missed by the agents who had bought it as a real time lead. The return on investment from working aged leads has been very good for our repeat customers. They keep buying the leads because of how well the aged leads are working for them.

Back