Are There Any Really Good Insurance Lead Companies?

Any good companies for leads?

That's an excellent question! We stopped purchasing shared Internet leads a number of years ago when we were able to develop a really good system for organic lead generation from our website.

However I spoke with an agent recently up in Connecticut and he purchases leads from a company that does not sell them to other insurance agents, they recycle the leads, so he's gotten duplicate leads, but he mentioned that his closing ratio is significantly higher than the shared Internet leads.

I often hear that online leads are inaccurate because some of the leads on the list are from people who filled out an online form with the intention of getting a discount for something else, but in order to receive a discount they had to fill out an online form to do so. Is that true with online leads? Also, a question for agents out there would you rather pay to have a list of leads or appointments to meet with people to go over their insurance needs?

you must work with companies that do not work with affiliates....yes it may "work" for bob klee and co. but most companies do not understand how affiliate marketing works and do not create the right relationships....all they see is, hey i can buy these leads for 25 cents and sell them for 10 bucks all over the country.....some companies(hometown quotes) will monitor their affiliates, but there are companies that are able to generate quality leads by doing the work themselves. allocating funds in the correct avenues will result in quality consumers looking to purchase a SPECIFIC product. and that is what we are looking for....so when talking to lead companies, hear their pitch. the biggest part is understanding where the leads come from...also understanding how internet advertising or internet marketing works, it will generate crappy leads that won't EVER convert to sales no matter how good of a salesman you are....any company you work with should always have a good credit policy in order to give yourself the highest possible conversion rate....the right companies will realize that by doing this they will retain my business.

Agreed! There are some companies out there (Hometown included) who have the affiliate thing worked out, but in my opinion (and my results back it up) buying direct from the source is the best way to go.

Let me know if you'd like to chat about what we do.

Best,

James Riebel
VP Business Development
Undergroundleads.com
858 815 5317
[email protected]
you must work with companies that do not work with affiliates....yes it may "work" for bob klee and co. but most companies do not understand how affiliate marketing works and do not create the right relationships....all they see is, hey i can buy these leads for 25 cents and sell them for 10 bucks all over the country.....some companies(hometown quotes) will monitor their affiliates, but there are companies that are able to generate quality leads by doing the work themselves. allocating funds in the correct avenues will result in quality consumers looking to purchase a SPECIFIC product. and that is what we are looking for....so when talking to lead companies, hear their pitch. the biggest part is understanding where the leads come from...also understanding how internet advertising or internet marketing works, it will generate crappy leads that won't EVER convert to sales no matter how good of a salesman you are....any company you work with should always have a good credit policy in order to give yourself the highest possible conversion rate....the right companies will realize that by doing this they will retain my business.

results are the biggest way to measure. Sadly, its a very expensive endeavor to get enough sample sizes to really know. Secondly, its tough to hit a home run with your first lead supplier. Might take 15 relationships before you figure out one is much better than the other 14. Buying leads is a craft to hone, not an instant solution.

Back