The Thread to End All Internet Lead Threads

Just ended my run with HTQ's. Not going away angry or pissed, just my area went dry for the last 6 months. Overall, they were fine to work with, I just felt it was time to try someone else for a while. I may go back in 6 months.

I had a long run with HTQ and was mostly pleased. My issue with them came down to an abrupt change in their policy for crediting bum leads which came without warning. It led to some very terse dialogue.

After parting ways they did conduct a final accounting that resulted in a significant credit to my account. I was expecting somewhere around $100. It was over $700.

That created a new concern in my mind.

Just out of curiosity, whatyouwantfinally, what is your end game? Say we take this discussion through and conclude that internet leads are a profit center, and we agree with you.

Now what happens?

If you're waiting for me to say you should all buy leads from some "new" or "alternative" source, don't hold your breath. It's of no concern to me whether or not people buy/keep buying internet leads. I just think it's the right thing to do to offer insight into what the industry is like.

I've been using HTQ leads for the last month, the only thing that has been tough for me with them is pinning down a comfortable lead flow. Since they don't do (or at least haven't told me) a daily max I've had to adjust my territory several times.

Out of 100 leads I've received for major med in CO I've had a respectable closing ratio and 6:1 profit, leads are still young though so I expect to close a few more of these leads over the next 30-60 days.

While I don't know for a fact whether they sell out the leads to other companies I haven't had any clients or prospects tell me that they got emails from netquote or anything of the usual suspects...and I do ask them.

HTQ will allow you to set a daily max. At least they used to when I used them. Just ask your account exec.

I had to put a limit on mine when I was using them. Some days I would get 2 leads, the next day 19.

Leads increased significantly on Friday PM and through the weekend. Also increased at the end of the month.

I am convinced their affiliates manipulated the lead flow to increase their comp.

They did have a link to eHealth, but that never bothered me like it did some agents. I never found them linking to, or selling to other vendors like Vimo & NetQuote.

Some of their affiliates would go rogue from time to time. Got a bunch of leads from people looking for Medicaid. I pointed that out and they quickly refunded those leads.

They were, IMO, one of the more honest vendors. We would still be doing business if not for the sudden tightening on credit policy without warning. I got tired of sparring with them over what was, and was not a valid lead.

They hired some jerk who was actually Dr. No and would never give a credit unless you went over his head. Life is too short for that kind of crap.

They hired some jerk who was actually Dr. No and would never give a credit unless you went over his head. Life is too short for that kind of crap.

Dr. NO..... that's kinda funny. Not that it happened just your description. So far I've gotten credit for every lead I've requested without fighting them or doing anything but requesting. I'm very honest about what I do ask for credit on, had a streak of Dental requests which reminded me of the good ole' netquote experience but they too were credited.

If I ever did run into the problem it sounds like you had I'd be moving on very quickly, no time to waste on problems like that. They still do ehealth links which I could also care less about running into.

I'll have to ask about the daily lead caps. I had two days straight with 18 leads. With my other lead vendors on top of that it was a bit more than I could work very heavily, plus was on thursday/friday.

Back