The Thread to End All Internet Lead Threads

HTQ will allow you to set a daily max. At least they used to when I used them. Just ask your account exec.

I had to put a limit on mine when I was using them. Some days I would get 2 leads, the next day 19.

Leads increased significantly on Friday PM and through the weekend. Also increased at the end of the month.

I am convinced their affiliates manipulated the lead flow to increase their comp.

They did have a link to eHealth, but that never bothered me like it did some agents. I never found them linking to, or selling to other vendors like Vimo & NetQuote.

Some of their affiliates would go rogue from time to time. Got a bunch of leads from people looking for Medicaid. I pointed that out and they quickly refunded those leads.

They were, IMO, one of the more honest vendors. We would still be doing business if not for the sudden tightening on credit policy without warning. I got tired of sparring with them over what was, and was not a valid lead.

They hired some jerk who was actually Dr. No and would never give a credit unless you went over his head. Life is too short for that kind of crap.

So should i call on the rep from HTQ to give him 100 beans to start with the program, he mentioned to give me $100 credit if i sign up from a referral. I am using mainly for annuity leads? has any body used them for annuties???? Any insight is appreciated ! Thanks

I never used them for anything other than health leads. Can't tell you anything about their annuity leads, or anyone else either.

I will say this. The guys who started HTQ have a P&C background. They don't really have a handle on how other lines work.

We had a discussion last year over crediting health leads. When I first started using them, if one of the adult insureds was uninsurable they would credit the lead. Later, without warning, they decided not to credit such leads only if both adults were uninsurable. Their thought process was, as long as one adult was insurable it was a valid lead.

They compared it to the ability to write an auto policy on one spouse when the other was high risk.

Not exactly the same and they never understood even after I explained it.

AFAIK, there is no such thing as an uninsurable auto lead. They can always go to an SR-22 writer and pick up coverage.

Not so with health insurance. And for some reason, health leads are more emotional about coverage. It's almost a Jerry Springer moment. I can't tell you the number of times someone has told me "if you won't insure my wife/husband you won't get me either".

As if that makes sense or carries any weight with underwriters.

I can probably count on one hand the number of leads where the other was uninsurable.

This would also happen where children were uninsurable. People go stupid when they find out carriers aren't interested in picking up a family member that had a heart attack last year, has diabetes or some other serious illness. "I don't need insurance if it won't cover (fill in the blank)."

My advice, give them a shot, see if it works. If not, move on.

It is state specific. We have very few options for uninsurables in GA. It's quite frustrating. Even more so when they do have options but no agent comp.

It is state specific. We have very few options for uninsurables in GA. It's quite frustrating. Even more so when they do have options but no agent comp.

I can say that in CO I don't mind the leads that have 1 uninsurable, we do have a risk pool.... it's the most difficult B.S. to deal with and 90% of the time their fax is busy all day, fortunately my office is only 20 minutes from them and the office is near a great little watering hole so I don't mind the trip.

The $50 check for it all 3 to 4 months later is kinda like a slap in the face. However, I'm usually able to write the family then put the other on the high risk pool without drastically affecting the overall rates. It's not a bad plan either.

I'm new to this site and I've been in the lead business back when it was legal to sell name, address, phone # CC# and 3 digit security # on the back of the card. Is there such a thing as a legit lead company? If anyone really thinks they have exclusive rights to the lead they'll quickly learn there is no such thing. I know, I've been there and made quite a bit of $ back then. Now I'm in the insurance business trying to make a living looking for partners with leads. I've worked for one of the largest insurance companies in the country and know how they generate over 2,000 inbound calls a day to licensed insurance agents. I just need a little capitol and some legal assistance and I can show you a way to change the insurance industry for the small independent guys like myself and, be able to sleep like a baby at night with a clear conscience

"I've worked for one of the largest insurance companies in the country and know how they generate over 2,000 inbound calls a day to licensed insurance agents. I just need a little capitol"

BINGO!!! I just happen to know someone that has $200,000 to invest! And he's just getting into the business as well!

WebMatchmaker was used in this post
WebSurf was used in this post

WOW, this is interesting... Another reason to learn how to generate your own leads.

Back