The Truth About NetQuote

CHUMPS FROM OXFORD

Guru
5000 Post Club
You can't handle the truth! Or can you?

I want to start by letting you know that the post you are about to read is not a NetQuote-bashing diatribe. There is no hidden agenda. And I guarantee you...this post will be on someone's desk at Netquote by Friday afternoon.

OK. Here goes:

I buy about 4-7 NQ leads per day. This afternoon a lead came in from a prospect that wanted "dental" coverage. He searched under a "dental" term. He wasted my time and my money and I let NQ know about it.

A few hours later, another lead came in from someone wanting dental and vision coverage. Once again, the prospect told me he searched under a "dental" term. I was livid and sent NQ another nasty note.

Keep in mind that BOTH of these leads were not eligible for credits under NQ's unique credit policy.

I called two more NQ leads before the afternoon ended. A single mother with a child, and a male in his 60's. But wait! Both were quite interested, happy that I called, and liked what I proposed. They were intelligent, informed and very attentive to my proposals. I will write coverage on one, and possibly both prospects before the end of the week.

Of course, both did tell me that they were swamped with calls...many from area codes that did not recognize.

Surprising? No. How often have I posted that NQ will provide the very best AND the very worst leads.

So...Netquote...since you are reading this...Here is your mission:

Do five things:

1. Sell your leads to no more than five brokers AND ENFORCE IT!

2. Completely eliminate incentivized leads.

3. Ditch the "dental" and "vision" key words.

4. Work HARDER to police your Affiliates.

5. Raise your prices by 20%.

If you do these things, you'll corner the market...and probably put a few other lead companies out of business.

See...it wasn't a NetQuote-bashing post. OK...it wasn't a love-fest, but I think we can all work with Netquote.

WebNanny was not used in this post.
WebPutz was not used in this post.

Yes, they need Filters, Filters, Filters, Filters.

I've had them on pause for the last two weeks, I couldn't take it any more.

Dental & Vision sold as Major Medical.

International Vacation Travel sold as Major Medical.

Congratulations, you are the 15th caller.

I have sent e-mails also, they don't seem to care.

I've packed up my $1200 a month, and I'm looking for a new home.

What we need to do, is have everybody on the board who buys NetQuote leads do a sick in.

We all need to call in on the same day, and give the same reason for pausing our accounts.

Perhaps, after 50 to 60 calls in a row, they may get the message.

after 50 to 60 calls in a row, they may get the message.

I doubt it.

I used NQ 3 years ago, maybe longer. Mike Levy can tell you. My NQ experience is in the deposition.

I used them, then fired them, then hired them again.

My first time was positive . . . for a while. My second experience was a joke.

As long as agents buy their leads there is no reason to change their ways. There are so many agents out there who are not on this forum, and the ad dollars NQ spends to attract new agents AND junky leads more than offset the complaints of a handful of agents.

In other words, their ROI on selling junk is so good they don't care about changing their business model. Why should they?

And now I have a question for New Guy. Why are you spending $1200/month on leads? I thought you were an SEO guy who did not need lead vendors.

My web sites are just now making me a part time income.

Just sold my 7th policy yesterday YTD from organic traffic, and have about $120 from adsense ads.

The rest of my income still comes the hard way, through other means of lead generation.

As my organic internet sales increase, my other means of lead generation will decrease.

I've always said my web sites were a 3 to 5 year project, just got my main site done this past August.

I do have a couple other projects in the works, that I will go more in depth on very soon.

I've got a lot of research into voice broadcast systems, and I'm almost done working on a Mall Based idea.

Oh, my fav company!
Well I used NQ a year ago and they totally misrepresented themselves. They said... 'oh we do not give our leads out to more than 3 agents'. I would call a client and be 'blessed' out for being the 20th call.

With companies like NQ they do not really care about what they do. They are interested in making 100's on each consumer request.

Try returning leads for credit! That was dismal! Sadly other companies that are 'lead gen' companies, Like "insurance leads.com', actually sell their leads to NQ. I got that direct from one of their reps as I quizzed her extensively before I signed up with them. Their leads were a little better, but they sell them to anyone that wants them. Literally, I have not called anyone that has not said that they recieved 15-20 calls or more.

Until agents refuse to work with companies like NQ and Insurance Leads, we are just paying for grief and to be abused!

Listen most consumers already view insurance agents in a negative way... one of the many reasons for that is that we are paying companies like these two so that we have a chance to help people that have legitimate requests. When these companies provide it to 20 agents, we end up looking the part! I for one start out making a joke out of NQ and LI... Usually people talk to me because I tell them who these two are and why they are getting all the calls!

Ick on both companies! All they deserve is the bad press they get AND agents that will not work with then, ever, ever, ever!

Oh, my fav company!
Well I used NQ a year ago and they totally misrepresented themselves. They said... 'oh we do not give our leads out to more than 3 agents'. I would call a client and be 'blessed' out for being the 20th call.

With companies like NQ they do not really care about what they do. They are interested in making 100's on each consumer request.

Try returning leads for credit! That was dismal! Sadly other companies that are 'lead gen' companies, Like "insurance leads.com', actually sell their leads to NQ. I got that direct from one of their reps as I quizzed her extensively before I signed up with them. Their leads were a little better, but they sell them to anyone that wants them. Literally, I have not called anyone that has not said that they recieved 15-20 calls or more.

Until agents refuse to work with companies like NQ and Insurance Leads, we are just paying for grief and to be abused!

Listen most consumers already view insurance agents in a negative way... one of the many reasons for that is that we are paying companies like these two so that we have a chance to help people that have legitimate requests. When these companies provide it to 20 agents, we end up looking the part! I for one start out making a joke out of NQ and LI... Usually people talk to me because I tell them who these two are and why they are getting all the calls!

Ick on both companies! All they deserve is the bad press they get AND agents that will not work with then, ever, ever, ever!

When Purchasing Internet Leads...

Gee...I hate to say it...but I have noticed an improvement in NQ's lead quality lately.

Let's see if they can keep it up.

Geesh Chumps... I hope that post/comment doesn't end up on NQ's desk. It will be curtains for the rest of us when a lead costs 50 each... Could you just email these posts to each of on the forum so they aren't broadcast to NQ... or else the rest of us will never be able to afford another NQ lead, every.

Wayne Embry

Back