Typical Lead Prices?

Alston

Guru
1000 Post Club
I'm doing some research and am hoping that some of you can help me out.

I'd like to know what agents are paying for the following types of leads:
  • health (individual under age 65)
  • group health
  • Medicare Supplement and Medicare Advantage
  • life
  • auto
  • home
Please let me know whether the price you give is for a shared lead or an exclusive one. Also, if you please share any information you have about minimum deposits or minimum time periods that lead sellers expect from agents.

I hope some of my past or future posts have or will help you in some way. Thanks in advance for your help.

I'm doing some research and am hoping that some of you can help me out.

I'd like to know what agents are paying for the following types of leads:
  • health (individual under age 65)
  • group health
  • Medicare Supplement and Medicare Advantage
  • life
  • auto
  • home
Please let me know whether the price you give is for a shared lead or an exclusive one. Also, if you please share any information you have about minimum deposits or minimum time periods that lead sellers expect from agents.

I hope some of my past or future posts have or will help you in some way. Thanks in advance for your help.

Netquote... $100 deposit, 20 free leads. Deposit refunded if you cancel before the end of the free leads. Cost per lead was $15 for auto, shared between 5 agents.

That's the last time I bought leads. Quality was terrible.

Norvax.... $100 deposit. Lead cost was $12 per lead for Medicare Supplements. Norvax claimed they were exclusive leads, but that was a lie. I was working in an office with other agents who were getting the exact same leads I was. Although they lied about the exclusivity, the quality was good.

I am SHOCKED to read that lead vendor's lie and generate horrible leads. What is the world coming to?

hard to answer this question because your price per lead is going to vary depending on how these companies generate their leads, how many leads you reserve, the line of insurance, and of course filters...

health leads will range from $8-$18+
group health will range from $10-$20+(depends on the size of the group)
med supp and advantage i have found to be the same price as traditional health leads
life leads will range from $15-$35+
auto leads will range from $5-$15+
home leads will range from $12-$25

There is no such thing as an exclusive lead and I would never advise purchasing from a vendor that claims to offer leads on an exclusive basis...sure they can only be selling the same lead to my agency, but there's no stopping this "consumer" from going to various websites...and there's no guarantee this "company" isn't purchasing leads from outside sources that already sold the lead to 5-15 agents..

If you pay on a per lead basis, there should be no time commitment....and in regards to minimums, that should really only affect your lead cost(i.e. reduced prices for reserving a higher number of leads)

What about buying leads without a cost per lead model. Like paying a monthly cost to be connected with clients looking for insurance. Less volume more quality, higher ROI.

dgloss.....give it up man :)

for health insurance leads, without any kind of filters, before calculating return lead credits, $3-4/lead, with filters up to $8.00

Hi Alston,

I purchased shared health leads for many years from 8-10 dollars. I found a few diamonds along the way and finally found the light. Shared Medicare leads are generally more expensive and seem to hover around 12-15 . Group Medical depends on size and can range from 25-50. Hope to see you post more frequently.

Joe

Well, i dont sell health, but I am contracted with GoHealth through norvax. Our shared indy health leads are $2.80. Ive never bought them, so I cant attest to their quality.

Alston,
The price depends if you want to sell High Quality leads or industry standard stuff:idea:.

You thinking of selling leads to agents?

Latest posts

Back