Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Insurance Leads

Reply to Underground Elephant Leads     
Old 11-15-2012, 02:45 PM   #31
Guru
NinjaNic on Underground Elephant Leads

State: NinjaNic is an Insurance Agent from Texas
Underground Elephant Leads Re: Underground Elephant Leads
Originally Posted by gordon112 View Post
Why would I pay $15 dollars per lead when they still are shared? I get 3.5 netquote high risk life leads that are only shared by up to 4 agents. I usually get 2-3 a day, and so far I have written 2 with one application waiting on decision with only 20 ordered so far.

It's all in how they are generated. Netquote is more affiliate based, and these are PPC on search engines or display on display networks. Two very different things.
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Underground Elephant Leads
Old 11-15-2012, 02:53 PM   #32
Expert

State: Elephant85 is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
That's a great deal! I am glad that they are working for you.

Netquote has a great system, and their process is proven to be very useful. After all they have been in this business longer than anyone.

Their process (mainly affiliate generated traffic) allows for leads to be available at $3.50 for their clients. The affiliate based model is not one that we condemn, we just choose to do business differently.

Since our process is different than theirs and others in the space, we are priced differently as well. The pricing reflects more of what it truly costs to generate leads online (if you are doing it yourself).

At the end of the day, if the results are there then keep em coming!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Most of what we do is PPC on search engines. There is a mix of display in the traffic sourcing, but we try to keep that mix down as much as possible in order to keep our traffic funnel filled with search leads.

Last edited by Elephant85; 11-15-2012 at 02:59 PM. Reason: Posts merged
Old 11-15-2012, 03:12 PM   #33
Guru
gordon112 on Underground Elephant Leads

State: gordon112 is an Insurance Agent from Florida
gordon112 is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Originally Posted by Elephant85 View Post
That's a great deal! I am glad that they are working for you.

Netquote has a great system, and their process is proven to be very useful. After all they have been in this business longer than anyone.

Their process (mainly affiliate generated traffic) allows for leads to be available at $3.50 for their clients. The affiliate based model is not one that we condemn, it has been proven to work.

Our process is just different than theirs and others. The pricing reflects more of what it truly costs to generate leads online (if you are doing it yourself).

At the end of the day, if the results are there then keep em coming!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Most of what we do is PPC on search engines. There is a mix of display in the traffic sourcing, but we try to keep that mix down as much as possible in order to keep our traffic funnel filled with search leads.
Yes, I agree with everything you are saying, but if I was to pay 5x the cost I would expect a guaranteed phone number, more reasons why they are looking for insurance with exact information, and the big one, they would have to only come to me (exclusive) for justifying the cost....all..imho Heck, I can generate live telemarketing leads for close to that price...and not robo calls.
Old 11-15-2012, 04:57 PM   #34
Guru
LGilmore on Underground Elephant Leads

State: LGilmore is an Insurance Agent from Washington
LGilmore is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Thanks, you missed start up cost for the agent and if it doesn't work and there is a balance remaining, say $100 bucks do you get the money back or is it in leads?
Old 11-15-2012, 06:13 PM   #35
Expert

State: Elephant85 is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Sorry about that, LGilmore.

We ask for a $200 deposit to get the account up and running (all spent on leads). No automatic re billing at the moment, so it is 100% pay as you go. If you decide that the leads are not working, and you still have a balance, we will refund you .
Old 11-23-2012, 10:28 PM   #36
Guru
Justin Bilyj on Underground Elephant Leads

State: Justin Bilyj is an Insurance Agent from Ohio
Justin Bilyj is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
I did some research on this company and I saw quite a few complaints, I though this was ppc leads but I saw that they employed affiliate ads from some reviews. Does seem kinda expensive, wonder what their contact ratio?
Old 11-27-2012, 05:21 PM   #37
Super Genius
Rich Eddy on Underground Elephant Leads

State: Rich Eddy is an Insurance Agent from California
Originally Posted by emptyeternity View Post
I did some research on this company and I saw quite a few complaints, I though this was ppc leads but I saw that they employed affiliate ads from some reviews. Does seem kinda expensive, wonder what their contact ratio?
Where do you see the complaints? Details, please!
Old 11-27-2012, 05:40 PM   #38
Guru
Justin Bilyj on Underground Elephant Leads

State: Justin Bilyj is an Insurance Agent from Ohio
Justin Bilyj is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
I googled them. But to be fair I didnt see anything recent.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:50 PM   #39
Super Genius

State: P&CGuru is an Insurance Agent from Virginia
Sounds too good to be true. They are generating their own leads and only making $20 per lead (selling to 2 agents at $10 each) it costs a lot of money to generate leads through PPC and they would quickly go bankrupt with this model. Please correct me if im wrong
Old 11-28-2012, 11:07 AM   #40
Super Genius

State: Vikings28 is an Insurance Agent from Minnesota
haha, saw a story about this company underground elephant...they had had "gals in skimpy outfits" at a show and sold this gentleman on purchasing several hundred leads from them..."within the matter of about a day" he received the leads...they claimed to have exclusive leads generated through PPC...supposedly all "lies" as the leads were inundated with calls and stated they filled out an application to win a free "ipod".....you can find the same article on the internet through a simple search of this company.
Reply to Underground Elephant Leads 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Insurance Leads