Underground Elephant Leads

Hi Vikings28,

I can assure you that we do not use any incentives (free ipod or other kinds), to generate any of our traffic. This is something that we strictly stay away from. I am not aware of the situation with the gentleman who had a poor experience with UE, but I would love to be able to learn more about it, and provide some context.

I can tell you that since entering the Insurance space in March of this year, results have been very positive. More and more agents are starting to see the results of working with a direct source provider like us. I would love to be able to speak with you about our process, and see if we might be able to do something together.

Let me know if you have some time.

Thanks!

--
ue_sig_blue.gif

James Riebel
Vice President, Business Development
[email protected]
858-815-5317

Underground Elephant, Inc.
600 B Street Suite 1300
San Diego, California 92101

www.undergroundelephant.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Hi P&CGuru,

No doubting that PPC is an expensive place to generate leads in. What we find is that our ability to get consumers to convert on our forms, instead of abandoning, drives our costs lower than most in the industry. We utilize a proprietary technology platform, NeoKeo 2.0, which gives us the ability to A-B test different variations of our forms on similar traffic to see which converts at a higher rate. In addition, we have a very large staff of B2C marketers who monitor keyword tracking, and develop algorithms to stay on top of our costs in that marketplace.

All that said, we also generate leads through display advertising. This helps us keep our overall CPL's down. If we were to generate only Paid Search leads, it would be difficult to make money only selling the leads twice at $10, but when we mix in the display traffic (still internally generated and of a very high quality), that challenge becomes more manageable.

Thank you for the comment! Let me know if I can provide anymore detail.

All the best,

--
ue_sig_blue.gif

James Riebel
[email protected]
858-815-5317

600 B Street Suite 1300

Last edited:
im sure the advertising changes accordingly and im sure that advertising is geo-targeted so unsure as to whether or not a sample live ad is available....the review i read could possibly be a disgruntled worker or just a bad review from a bad client....NeoKeo 2.0 looks genuine....i'll wait to hear a few more reviews from this forum before giving you guys a call, thank you for your response

Hi Vikings28,

I can assure you that we do not use any incentives (free ipod or other kinds), to generate any of our traffic. This is something that we strictly stay away from. I am not aware of the situation with the gentleman who had a poor experience with UE, but I would love to be able to learn more about it, and provide some context.

I can tell you that since entering the Insurance space in March of this year, results have been very positive. More and more agents are starting to see the results of working with a direct source provider like us. I would love to be able to speak with you about our process, and see if we might be able to do something together.

Let me know if you have some time.

Thanks!

--
ue_sig_blue.gif

James Riebel
[email protected]
858-815-5317

600 B Street Suite 1300

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Hi P&CGuru,

No doubting that PPC is an expensive place to generate leads in. What we find is that our ability to get consumers to convert on our forms, instead of abandoning, drives our costs lower than most in the industry. We utilize a proprietary technology platform, NeoKeo 2.0, which gives us the ability to A-B test different variations of our forms on similar traffic to see which converts at a higher rate. In addition, we have a very large staff of B2C marketers who monitor keyword tracking, and develop algorithms to stay on top of our costs in that marketplace.

All that said, we also generate leads through display advertising. This helps us keep our overall CPL's down. If we were to generate only Paid Search leads, it would be difficult to make money only selling the leads twice at $10, but when we mix in the display traffic (still internally generated and of a very high quality), that challenge becomes more manageable.

Thank you for the comment! Let me know if I can provide anymore detail.

All the best,

--
ue_sig_blue.gif

James Riebel
[email protected]
858-815-5317

600 B Street Suite 1300

Thanks for the response, my follow up question is if you have a large staff as you mentioned in your response wouldnt that increase your overhead thus require you to charge more?

Others here may hate me for saying this but if you priced your product closer to the $20 range it would make more sense to me. Your pricing though has me skeptical just as I would be skeptical if someone is asking $8k for a 2010 Mercedes when he could be asking for $30k.

No to say that i know the ins and outs of your organization but the numbers just done make sense when every other lead company is charging $12 for leads sold 20x and here is a company selling leads 2x charging $10 and oh wait...you dont use affiliates. Ill wait until someone else bites:skeptical: the bullet on this one

I'll weigh in here & hopefully won't regret it....Please tell me what is wrong with trying a new company out? Especially if you use a credit card for the deposit & the contract says you get your unused money back if you cancel for any reason + they give credit for bogus leads!

A new company if not selling undersold leads can say today that they won't sell to more than 2 agents. Why? Because they don't have many agents signed up yet. Common sense isn't it? :idea:

I don't know James personally [we've now talked on the phone] but he was hired by UE to grow the insurance segment of their business from a former competitor of ours that sold to BankRate.com.

I can answer the why low price question for James. If he doesn't have many agents he has only 1 other choice to sell his leads. That is to his competitors & they won't pay $10 on average for them no matter how they are generated....

So me personally, if you want my recommendation: why not take James up on his offer? What have you to lose? Take advantage of the quality he says they generate & the 2 agent cap they have today. If he gives you credit for bad leads & will refund your money if you are not happy. Take a chance guys. Lord knows there are few straight players in this market today. James sounds to me like he's shooting straight. Then you can report back here about your experience.:idea:

*Yes, I reserve the right to get smarter!

Thanks,

I was looking online for rewiews and found a link to this old topic and then I found the other topics about them and others.

I'm using them now. The lady I'm working with has been very nice and understanding about my frustrations, but the leads have not been good. Since they are refusing to refund my initial investment (my fault for not catching that when I signed on) i'm sticking with them until it's over. I have had a very bad experience with the leads but the flat out refuse to refund my money.

Do you think I will ever give them another try or refer anyone to them? Not!!

I'm using them now. The lady I'm working with has been very nice and understanding about my frustrations, but the leads have not been good. Since they are refusing to refund my initial investment (my fault for not catching that when I signed on) i'm sticking with them until it's over. I have had a very bad experience with the leads but the flat out refuse to refund my money.

Do you think I will ever give them another try or refer anyone to them? Not!!

JP,
I'd still dispute this on your credit card. That is a BS clause if you ask me. To me, when a company has no refund of the original deposit and/or caps your returns.... That should be a Red Flag that something bad is going to happen in the relationship. It becomes a Win-Lose. Win for them, Lose for the agent.

Same as capping returns. If they cap your returns at 20% & you get 30% bad leads, that is like blaming YOU for the 10% being bad....Seriously?!!!

On the dispute, say they didn't keep their word & they keep sending you bad leads to replace bad leads. You are the consumer. If you lose, call me for your next step & I will tell you what you need to do.

Back