Underground Elephant Leads

Hi guys,

Just came across this forum while searching for info on Underground Elephant, a vendor which we recently started using and have unfortunately been having a horrible experience with. Feel free to judge yourselves, but here is our experience:

1. Only one single lead we've received has been good of the first several we've bought. The rest were either unable to speak English, had incorrect information in the lead, or yelled something to the effect of "Not interested!" when we called. If you do a google search on this vendor you will find a complaint with the Better Biz Bureau (BBB), multiple complaints on Yelp, and several other sites who are all claiming that the person who filled out their info were attempting to get a free iPad, something we specifically were told UE never does by the sales rep that started our account.

2. When we complained in our first week we were told we could not receive a refund from our initial commitment. When I asked why they wouldn't simply refund me and let me go on my ay since we hadn't gotten near the quality we expected they said it was just policy.

3. Because we have returns pending on all but one of our leads I'd urge anybody considering using Underground Elephant to think of this: What is your time worth??? If you quote a lead and then call to find out it's worthless you have wasted time. If you then have to log onto their portal to return the lead you have wasted time. And if you keep checking in on the pending returns daily to see the status you are wasting time. DON'T bother wasting your time here.

Again, try googling "Underground Elephant Scam" or "Jason Kulpa CEO Underground Elephant Scam" you will find everything you have to know. I wish I had done this first as I wouldn't be out $500 now. I also notified the ins carrier that allowed them to have a vendor table at our sales kickoff to be sure they wouldn't be welcome back.

You've all been warned, feel free to disregard my experience as unusual or rely on the responses being given by paid staff of UE if you think they're not biased. I have nothing to gain by posting this, and I've already lost $500.

BmoreAgent,

Thank you for taking the time to speak to me in regards to your account. I'm glad we were able to resolve all of your issues and ensure that you received a full refund of $500.00.

I'll address your concerns on this forum either way. When we spoke March 11, you had received a total of 6 leads over the course of 2 days, for which 2 were individuals who did not speak English. We were happy to refund those to you, as this meets our criteria for a return. 1 lead was not interested in purchasing insurance at the time you called them. We returned this lead. The other three leads, you had spoke to and were awaiting call backs. These last three leads are deemed valid as the contact information and intent of the consumer was to purchase insurance. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee consumers will buy insurance the first time you call them. Our goal is to connect you with interested insurance consumers.

I regret that our service did not meet your standards for internet leads, but I was happy to do the right thing and refund your deposit. I will let you know, that your experience, though very brief, is not indicative of the quality of our leads and our service and I invite you to use our service again in the future.

Best,

Ian

Ian,

The interface of the site is lacking. The filters are also lacking. In my experience your leads are all young drivers that are renters. I am trying your service now. I have already confirmed leads that are not real time. I use four companies right now. Yours are the most expensive and the worst quality by far. Right now you are ranked at the bottom of the four and hometown quotes is #1 by far.

Ian,

The interface of the site is lacking. The filters are also lacking. In my experience your leads are all young drivers that are renters. I am trying your service now. I have already confirmed leads that are not real time. I use four companies right now. Yours are the most expensive and the worst quality by far. Right now you are ranked at the bottom of the four and hometown quotes is #1 by far.

That is some brutal honesty. I like it:biggrin:

I have tried many companies, fired many companies (internet leads) and I am being 100% honest. The good news is, that the people you interface with are good. So they have some talented customer interfacing people hired, its just the product and pricing where there is a gap.

Back