Underground Elephant Leads

Hey Everybody,

I have a call set up with a company that contacted our agency about providing leads for us for home and/or auto insurance. They are called Underground Elephant. From what I can find, they are relatively new to the insurance lead game and I wanted to see if anyone here has worked with them and if so, what your experience has been.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Jordan

How many times they sell the leads is soooooo important. If you do not have a competetive price you ae waisting time and money. If you can't get th soc numbers don't waist your time. I have tried so many companies. The best methods I have heard about so far is drive clients to your own wbe site
at least you know you are not buying a lead sold to , . or more agents. Despite their contract promising not to do it some of them will sell the lead a life lead or other type lead and you wind up competing with many other agents. Watch out for the " it is your lead for 30 days or such "

Not heard of them but sample them, don't sign a contract and don't give a deposit. Let them prove their leads then decide.

Hi Everyone! I am the VP of Business Development at Underground Elephant dba UndergroundLeads. I just wanted to hop in here very quickly and give a couple of pieces of information.

Firstly, Mehler91, I love both of those questions.
1. How we generate our leads...100% through paid search and display advertising. We do not use affiliates, or buy from Lead Aggregators.
2. How many times they sell their leads...We sell our leads to a maximum of 2 agents/companies.

Again, since we source our own traffic, we also have complete control over the distribution of each lead. We think that by doing that, we are respecting the consumer's privacy while at the same time giving both of our clients a chance to convert that shopper into a policy.

Long story short, what we are doing is different. We are not "re-inventing the wheel", but our process speaks for itself, and we are watching the results do the same.

Check us out at: Underground Leads

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

All the best,

--
ue_sig_blue.gif

James Riebel
Vice President, Business Development
[email protected]
858-815-5317

Underground Elephant, Inc.
600 B Street Suite 1300
San Diego, California 92101

What is your policy on returning leads?

What is your definition of a "dead" lead or "inaccurate" lead?

Hi NCAgent,

Our refund policy is pretty simple: If a lead is deemed "bad" then you do not pay for it.

Simple definitions would be:
1. Disconnected, fax, or wrong phone number
2. Invalid Email address
3. Consumer disavowing an insurance quote request (rare for us, but can happen)
4. Outside of specified geographical territory

Those are the standard reasons. If something would ever come up outside of those reasons, all you would need to do is talk with our Account Management folks, and we can work it out!

Best,

James Riebel

Thanks for the response!

I am also curious about pricing as well!

I'd like to see how you compare against HT Quotes considering it looks like these leads are similar to theirs. I'd be willing to try both unless one is really high out of the ball park.

Back