Using Lawn Signs

WiseFS

Expert
I knew a guy years ago that said he built his health insurance book mostly on having lawn signs on telephone poles and other places around town.

I've never heard of anyone else doing this since then and I've long forgotten his name and number.

I'm curious has anyone else used this method to generate activity?

I've never heard of anyone else doing this since then

And there is probably a good reason for this.

If healthagent (John Petrowski) ever comes back to the forum he can tell you all about this marketing concept.

Another 4,000 posts and I will pass him. He comes out of the woodwork when I get close to overtaking his #1 position.

I've learned that agents will say almost anything.

I think they are great if one is having a garage or lawn sale. Actually, I'm looking for a new lawn as we speak. :D

On a more serious and direct reply....
In most areas, they will fine you for each sign you put up. It can be a very expensive advertising method.

On top of that, do you really think this is a professional way to do business? Granted, the sign people will tell you its a great idea!!!

Dan

I got half of my business by yard signs when I first started out. It worked great in some areas and other areas it didn't. The only reason I don't do it anymore is the areas that I did it in that worked they take them down to fast now.

I just bought a pizza, advertised from a yard sign...Thanks Mama Lucia's, and the pizza you have given me.... Pizza, YES! Life / Health Insurance, probably not!

I had okay reusults on bandit signs that read Diabetes or Heart disease? No Problem.. call...

Did okay actually.. its just a pain in the ass to go out and burn gas and time only to have 80% of them gone in less than 2 hours.. Hell, I put about 25 on a main strip, worked my way down to other areas turned around and started back and the signs I put up just an hour ago wer gone..

Sumbitch

Less time, more $$ hitting small businesses.. free money there.. all ya gotta do is ask for it

Back