What to Do with High Quality Leads?

Justwandr

First thing first I am not an agent in fact I know nothing about selling insurance. Not something I am interested in doing either at this point. However as someone who managed thousands of affiliates for my own web hosting company 10 yeas ago and at some point had bit of interest in marketing. I have been wanting to make use of some billboard space which I have available to me for the purpose of generating insurance leads.

I am kind of researching my options at this point. With no domain or website its been very hard to get the right information from the companies I contacted. Which I realize now was a mistake because most insurance companies aren't interested in dealing with someone who doesn't even have a website up. Let alone provide API access for quote comparison etc.

To make the long story short. I believe using outdoor mobile media [billboards] I can get very high quality traffic to a site in which the users are given the options to get auto insurance quotes etc. Obviously the site will contain content with the goal of helping/enhancing the user experience.

I believe I can generate fair amount of leads very high quality leads. However I don't think they would be enough in volume for me to become a lead broker plus not something I want to be dealing with unless that is the only option left.

I do not want to be promoting another brand. Period. I want to build a brand of my own or a site on which people can get quotes from their local agents.

What options do I really have? Are there any brokers who will allow the forms to be filled out on my site which in turn will be connected to their lead system so they can deliver those leads in real time to agents?

Ideally I would love to work with a broker who allows me to maintain my own brand...pays very well for those leads and maintains a strict policy on how many agents they would sell those leads too.

I don't want the users to be spammed. Anyone have any suggestions as to which broker I can look at? or if there is an alternative to all this.

I appreciate any help and suggestions.

Thank You

I like the idea. Where is your billboard located?

We have an agency and I am a marketer (and not an agent) and my goal is to start developing high quality T65 and ACA leads

I've done marketing in various verticals for many years and leads gen in the MLM world. I've always wondered about billboards

Your competition is really high...so being able to actually market your website through google is going to be very expensive...your best bet is to either invest into an LLC and build a website with the main goal being to build a client base of insurance agents that purchase leads from you, or you can work with those "brokers" that you were talking about. This would make you an affiliate...realistically, how many leads can you generate from your billboards?

Thank you guys for taking the time to respond. I am not talking about static billboards or traditional billboards. I am talking about mobile billboards. Basically branding/wrapping 53' trailers. It costs a fair bit to wrap up a trailer. Then the cost of removing the ad...perhaps a new paint job etc. Its a expensive process.

I can have 1 or 15 of these branded trucks on the road hitting every major city from CA to NY and everything in between. I am in the transportation business. However if I am going to spend thousands of dollars on branding even a single truck. I need to be sure I can do something with those leads.

These would be highly filtered leads on their own. Call to action would be a website which compares rates. If someone ends up visiting that site and fills out the form. I assume that can be considered a high intent lead.

Unless I decided to brand the entire fleet I don't think a brokerage makes sense unless I go ahead with PPC in multiple search engines. Using really long tail keywords to attract some traffic along with couple of branded trucks. So least I would have some leads to give away rather then hold peoples money hostage.

I considered working with company like Answer Financial who do insurance in all 50 states but I am not sure if that is something I am interested in doing. I believe local agents would have much more success with converting those leads to sales and if I can get a brokerage which realizes the quality of the leads I would be generating is high and pays accordingly would be great.

I am searching the forums. No one really seems to stand out. Few good reviews followed by few bad ones.

----------

I do have a question. If I were to head toward a brokerage. Are there any guidelines I should be aware of? Any licensing requirements etc in any state?

Last but not least what type of software solution would be best? Something that can plug into most agent systems to deliver live leads.

you can easily set up an auto responder so that when the person fills out the application, they would type in their zip code...your auto responder would work geographically in that the "lead" would be sent to the closest agent. This would be determined by the zip code that is entered into the application. The lead would go directly to the agent. I'd be interested in seeing how this works, but I don't think it would be worth anything more than 8-20 dollars. Each lead would be "shopping"...and if I can't offer that lead a low cost policy, they aren't going to buy my product. I don't ever buy leads of consumers that don't meet my requirements.

If I were going the broker route. I would then obviously do aggressive SEO, PPC as well throughout the US. It is going to be hard to justify why someone hasn't gotten a single lead or only few leads in a week.

The quality of the leads would be very high simply because the way the campaign would be designed. I am just not comfortable signing up agents unless I know I will be doing more then the billboards.

Anyway it is something I am looking into and considering.

For those of you who buy leads. If you don't mind sharing the average of price of leads from your current provider or previously used providers that would be great. On average the brokers sell the leads to how many agents?

most don't sell leads exclusively, although those are of the highest quality. Most leads are sold to anywhere from 3-10 agents, and we HATE it. Your product loses value each time you sell that information to a 2nd,3rd,4th agent.. Leads cost anywhere from $8 up to $35 depending on the line of insurance. Auto/Homeowners Insurance is between 8-12...life between 10-18...annuity leads up to $100+..

Also, this field that you're trying to enter is completely saturated. These are all questions that have been answered 15 years ago.

most don't sell leads exclusively, although those are of the highest quality. Most leads are sold to anywhere from 3-10 agents, and we HATE it. Your product loses value each time you sell that information to a 2nd,3rd,4th agent.. Leads cost anywhere from $8 up to $35 depending on the line of insurance. Auto/Homeowners Insurance is between 8-12...life between 10-18...annuity leads up to $100+..

Also, this field that you're trying to enter is completely saturated. These are all questions that have been answered 15 years ago.

Good point. I wonder if this type of marketing might be better suited for a different vertical. Franchise broker leads? Home biz leads? Selling a physical product on Amazon?

Still, as far as saturation goes, there's always going to be someone who builds a better mousetrap and can break into a saturated market with a unique approach

As far as saturated for crap shared leads and bull companies that claim to be exclusive and are not, Yes, As far as good quality exclusive internet leads that are truly exclusive, NO, I only know of 2, I sell medicare Supplements

Back